I am lucky, therefore game is fine

"
I think JK is simply complaining about the attitude some people may have with some of the issues others are facing. Not simply "I am lucky, therefore game is fine", but worse : "Game is fine for me, so you shouldn't be complaining". The attitude of refusing discussion on some subject because they are not having the issue. Some subjects simply cannot be properly discussed because this approach is too prevalent.

This is happening a lot with technical issues (there's still a lot of improvements to be done), but also on anything that looks like it's balance-related.
I think he is simply trying to get players to understand that it's a terrible thing when people refuse to acknowledge that the issue you're having may be legitimate, usually because those people don't have that same issue, or aren't bothered by it.

There are also some trolls that use that approach because it's hard to distinguish the trolling version from the honest version.

But what he is even talking about isn't even mechanics/balance issues, it is literally he dislike core values/mechanics in the game itself. It's an economy based arpg, what else is there to talk about.

We can tell him how to fit his playsytle to work halfway decently in a economy based arpg, we can suggest ideas that would improve the game for all (master crafting, divination cards, gem vendors for all ect) while supporting his specific play style. We can also change around things to reduce reliance on the economy.

But in the end it's an economy based ARPG, that will not change. No matter all of the changes or additions GGG will add the game, unless they change the core value of the game. He will always be in fact unhappy about the game making threads for years to come.

This is literally the equivalent of me posting on D3 every week on how unhappy about the game because there's no trading and good items are way to easy to get everyday.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 21, 2015, 4:07:27 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
(...)

I'm not sure what to say. What you are describing is a different situation than the one JK is describing in his opening post.
I can understand that you would dismiss a thread because the same person has been posting that same thread multiple times already and is getting really annoying with it. That is a lot more legitimate than many reasons some threads are being dismissed.

Just try to keep an open mind while discussing topics.

By the way, just because someone is having an issue doesn't mean everyone else is having it. Some people should also try to understand that what they think is a huge issue may not be as big as it seems.
"
I think JK is simply complaining about the attitude some people may have with some of the issues others are facing. Not simply "I am lucky, therefore game is fine", but worse : "Game is fine for me, so you shouldn't be complaining". The attitude of refusing discussion on some subject because they are not having the issue. Some subjects simply cannot be properly discussed because this approach is too prevalent.

This is happening a lot with technical issues (there's still a lot of improvements to be done), but also on anything that looks like it's balance-related.
I think he is simply trying to get players to understand that it's a terrible thing when people refuse to acknowledge that the issue you're having may be legitimate, usually because those people don't have that same issue, or aren't bothered by it.

There are also some trolls that use that approach because it's hard to distinguish the trolling version from the honest version.

While I do agree that some people have problems with "we should talk about stuff, and not say its all k", but what JK is doing is simply not this. He is repeating same thing that everyone has been talking about over and over again (both those "angry" and those reasonable) and he is STILL suggesting that people who does not agree with him are "problem".

And again, this is a core to the game, and is not to be discussed, because IT WILL NOT CHANGE. EVER. JK don't like it? Well, too bad - IT WON'T CHANGE. You don't like music in the radio? WELL, TOO BAD, it won't change because you don't like it. But you know what you can do? Turn off the radio or use your own music.
No matter what kind of attitude people have towards JK (in this topic), either mine, trying to explain (in vain) in a civilized way, or telling him to "fuck off", this is not something that will ever change, so it makes no sense to "discuss" it. But JK wants! THAT is the problem, if anything!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
look, I know some of you hate me being here, on the forums.
hate my continuous and well-known posts about what aspects of the game I don't like.
maybe hate me (I hope not).

but MrTremere hit the nail on the head about this thread. I'm actually surprised his explanation was needed because I thought I got the point across clearly enough, but nonetheless I'm glad he did.

the thread got derailed many times, and many times the "anti-RNG" and "risk/reward" posts made an appearance, primarily because people know exactly which nerve to strike and force me to comment even if it is off-topic here, and it most certainly is.

so, you wish to resume the argument about whatever it is you hate about me? sure.
but not here.

let's agree regarding the topic and purpose of the thread, first.
if you're still not sure what it is, read Tremere's or my posts again.
if you understand and disagree, tell me why - because I find it extremely hard to believe someone can disagree with this.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Risk vs Reward in PoE and this thread

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Sep 21, 2015, 2:35:41 PM
Whatever direction this thread pursues next, never forget, i love all of you :).

It takes determination and stubbornness to do what you have been doing JK and i can respect that even if i don't agree with every post you make.

It amazes me this thread made 39 pages though, i didn't read it all since i assume it ends in a circle fest with derailments left and right?(based on your posting history i am sure)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

let's agree regarding the topic and purpose of the thread, first.
if you're still not sure what it is, read Tremere's or my posts again.
if you understand and disagree, tell me why - because I find it extremely hard to believe someone can disagree with this.

The purpose of this thread is pretty clear, you are acting holier-than-thou about how people should behave on the forums, like you always do. Give it a rest.

man you are just begging to be mentioned as an inspiration for the thread, aren't you?
"

I find that statement quite antagonistic. That behavior is disgusting and it has to stop immediately.

See what I did there? ;)

There's a report function if you believe you've been slighted,feel free to use it. =P

Though my guess is you like waiting for a bigger bite of the bait before setting the hook .... lol

See what I did there ?

Last edited by Temper on Sep 22, 2015, 3:09:12 AM
"

See what I did there? ;)

I do. and it tells me you didn't get this thread. at all.

if you did, you wouldn't be comparing the "feat" of pissing me off so I write something antagonistic, so you can reverse it at me - with the act of harassing, insulting and trolling someone just because you wouldn't try understand their complaint or the troubles they are facing, or simply feel like trolling.
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 22, 2015, 3:11:54 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

See what I did there? ;)

I do. and it tells me you didn't get this thread. at all.

if you did, you wouldn't be comparing the "feat" of pissing me off so I write something antagonistic, so you can reverse it at me - with the act of harassing, insulting and trolling someone just because you feel like trolling, or wouldn't try understand their complaint or the troubles they are facing.

Oh he "get's it alright" ... don't worry about that,but then that not his game ... now is it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info