[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

I'm not that surprised. His old rings gave +78 INT and +96 ES. Replacing them with 2x Perandus made him drop these base values. So his gain was not so impressive.

Perandus signets scale amazingly when you have a lot of base ES and nice +int on the rest of the gear. And since they have no resistances (but a fantastic mana regen), they should be acquired when the rest of the gear / jewels is already set up with capped resistance values.

Auxium should be a lot better than Perandus Blazon, in terms of pure ES.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 17, 2016, 8:19:29 PM
I replaced my jewels, got %ES and int on them, 10995 ES now, I'll try uber later on today once I get the correct gem setups on chest, helm, gloves and boots

So I got my Arctic armour, blasphemy and discipline up, it uses up like 95% of my mana, I don't even have enough mana for 1 icestorm. Does getting an enlighten really make that big of a difference? I feel like I won't be able to spam icestorm even with enlighten
Last edited by MedvedPoe on Mar 18, 2016, 5:38:38 AM
"
MedvedPoe wrote:
I replaced my jewels, got %ES and int on them, 10995 ES now, I'll try uber later on today once I get the correct gem setups on chest, helm, gloves and boots

So I got my Arctic armour, blasphemy and discipline up, it uses up like 95% of my mana, I don't even have enough mana for 1 icestorm. Does getting an enlighten really make that big of a difference? I feel like I won't be able to spam icestorm even with enlighten

Here you can find an accurate calculator for your mana reservation.
Any suggestions on how to solve mana issues? I can do maps and spam icestorm on packs just fine, but precasting on bosses takes more mana than I can manage
There are different ways, but all of them come to a cost.

1. Take some mana reservation nodes (Charisma is near to Vaal Pact)
2. Enlighten lvl 3 or 4, in a 5L chest setup (Blasphemy / WM / AA / Disci / Enlighten)
3. Skyforth
4. Arctic armour head enchantment

The last 2 are insanely difficult to acquire at the start of a new league.
"
MedvedPoe wrote:
Any suggestions on how to solve mana issues? I can do maps and spam icestorm on packs just fine, but precasting on bosses takes more mana than I can manage

Also, if the boss you want to pre-cast on is the twin Vaal, you don't need AA for that particular fight. There is no fire damage in it, and the only physical damage is the Vaal Smash that you really want to avoid regardless of your buffs.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 18, 2016, 5:09:07 PM
"
djnat wrote:
There are different ways, but all of them come to a cost.

2. Enlighten lvl 3 or 4, in a 5L chest setup (Blasphemy / WM / AA / Disci / Enlighten)

Enlighten lv 2 works too. Just not as good as lv 3. However, lv 4 is absolutely not needed and would be a waste on this build.
@Baalorlord: I just noticed that your main post says you use Careful Planning jewels and take Unyielding Stance. You may want to correct that to Fertile Mind and Unwavering Stance before too many people get confused.

Any other updates/adjustments for the current state of the build in 2.2?

I've incorporated a bunch of improvements/different options into my setup, and my version has become quite different now. It still uses the main idea of CtF/AoF and US. And the tree is mostly the same (then again, it's mostly the same for any WI Scion build). I also made a bunch of fun videos. Do you think it's better to create a separate thread for my version, or just keep posting updates on my version here? This is your turf and all.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 18, 2016, 5:39:49 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
@Baalorlord: I just noticed that your main post says you use Careful Planning jewels and take Unyielding Stance. You may want to correct that to Fertile Mind and Unwavering Stance before too many people get confused.

Any other updates/adjustments for the current state of the build in 2.2?

I've incorporated a bunch of improvements/different options into my setup, and my version has become quite different now. It still uses the main idea of CtF/AoF and US. And the tree is mostly the same (then again, it's mostly the same for any WI Scion build). I also made a bunch of fun videos. Do you think it's better to create a separate thread for my version, or just keep posting updates on my version here? This is your turf and all.

Thanks for the corrections - the misnomers have been fixed now.

I have no issue with continued updates regarding your variant in this thread if you don't think that your own version merits a separate guide.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Been playing this build in Perandus, and it is awesome! Definitely the strongest build I've ever played (but then again I think most people feel that way right now with Ascendancy). Tonight I got my first ever uber kill! Thanks Baalorlord for the NiceBuild.

For stats, in my hideout I'm at 11.5k es with 7.1k avg. damage on icestorm with faster casting and conc (with golem out).

gear

uber swag

Last edited by MontyWard on Mar 19, 2016, 3:03:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info