[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

So have you change any skill tree or jewel setup for 2.1 ???
Thanks in advance
"
"
Baalorlord wrote:
At the very least, controlled destruction is better than Hypothermia. Given that I am often against foes that are immune to chill, I may consider a recolor to RRRBBB and running controlled destruction in place of hypothermia.

Yup. In an ideal world, you'd carry two WIs, one for boss encounters and another for farming lol. Generally, hypothermia is great for QoL. For bosses like Atziri, totally useless. I swap it out for cold penetration (forgot to mention that above).
can u show u three, u dont have avatar of fire ?
this is Forum signature
I've just came back from a long hiatus and I'm tempted to try this - what changes should I make to the original build?

I have a spare witch and I tried to update the tree to fit the witch start, does this look okay?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWFVAXLxmKGmwbJRzcHRQdTx8CHxgksClPLJwsvy0fLagvbzW5NsU3gTwFPV9FR0ZxS65Ms1BCUXRR-1JTUrJd8l8qX2pfsGJaZlRtGW-ecLt_xoCkgpuDCYP3hMWFe4w2jumPGo9Gj_qTJ5UglwaXlZu1na6hL6IuoqOmmacIpyuvm7GQtAy1BL6AvorAZsHFwfPDOsSiykrK080W0B_Q0NWm2CTZE9lb34rfmOGI41bkIuTr6QLr5Ovu7BjsOO987-v60g==?accountName=Rathke&characterName=Torgene
any changes on 2.1 tree?
Build Updated for 2.1?
"
kevindevm1 wrote:
can u show u three, u dont have avatar of fire ?

No, it's a worthless node for the build. We don't do any phys or lightning damage. All our damage is cold, which is then boosted by the Cold to Fire gem (this is why it's always advantageous to take cold damage on anything and everything). The boost is huge, but it doesn't drop cold damage like AoF does, leaving you open to chill and freeze, which is huge towards CC and QoL.

CTF leaves you with half your cold damage, which is then amplified to fire. AoF then again halves it and gives you that lump sum. So the two conflict with each other as with AoF enabled, you don't get the 10% cold damage bonus from CTF (no mo cold damage yo). CTF also doesn't scale as nicely as half your cold damage is chunked away to fire through AoF. And lastly, you're not getting that extra fire damage as there is no cold damage to draw from it.

In all honesty, I think a the 6% boost to aura effect by Necromantic Aegis is worth a hell of a lot more (and is likely the same dps boost).
Deliver pain exquisite
Well... I think you don't know how Avatar of Fire works.

First of all it makes our Fire Penetration much better, because we deal single elemental damage now and not a cold/fire split.

Secondly, you still chill with AoF because of the "Ice-ground" Icestorm leaves, similiar to Arcic Armour. Which means you only lose random freezes which are really irrelevant most of the time.

And to the last point. The Cold damage isn't useless at all. With AoF and CoF your cold damage is 100% converted to firedmg, so the colddmg nodes stll BUFF you. In fact you gain better boni from Cold and Fire nodes than with just only CtF Gem.

Pls try AoF out and do the maths, before saying and spreading that misinformation that AoF interferes with this build -.-
"
Well... I think you don't know how Avatar of Fire works.

First of all it makes our Fire Penetration much better, because we deal single elemental damage now and not a cold/fire split.

Secondly, you still chill with AoF because of the "Ice-ground" Icestorm leaves, similiar to Arcic Armour. Which means you only lose random freezes which are really irrelevant most of the time.

And to the last point. The Cold damage isn't useless at all. With AoF and CoF your cold damage is 100% converted to firedmg, so the colddmg nodes stll BUFF you. In fact you gain better boni from Cold and Fire nodes than with just only CtF Gem.

Pls try AoF out and do the maths, before saying and spreading that misinformation that AoF interferes with this build -.-

Chill dude, it's just a game. Also, show me the math please. All you said was that I was wrong, rudely and then told me to run the numbers. Kk. Show me those numbers because when I selected the node, my DPS didn't skyrocket. Also, I didn't know that about the chill, but the freeze is what you want. I ran both variants, pure fire and cold, and the freeze is amazing for CC. Being friendly and kind, what's that yo? People like you are the big reason I don't post on here much GLHF.
Deliver pain exquisite
Guys https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/wholeworldsux/characters here is my char and stuff that i use atm.
Cant reach more than 3.8k AVG dps/6k with CE
Pls chek it out my acc is open and tell me what i did wrong.
I saw a screen before with 14k avg dps,i try out another skill tree but cant reach it at all

Thx in advance
"

Chill dude, it's just a game. Also, show me the math please. All you said was that I was wrong, rudely and then told me to run the numbers. Kk. Show me those numbers because when I selected the node, my DPS didn't skyrocket. Also, I didn't know that about the chill, but the freeze is what you want. I ran both variants, pure fire and cold, and the freeze is amazing for CC. Being friendly and kind, what's that yo? People like you are the big reason I don't post on here much GLHF.

Hey man, I don't wanted to sound unfriendly and all, I was just in a hurry, and if you felt attacked by my language I am sorry. I am a kinda direct person, but I don't mean it bad, so sry if I sounded too rude to you. :S

The DPS won't Skyrocket from AoF, but AoF allows you to take Nodes like Snowforged to gain a 50% damage boost. Gems like Izaro's Turmoil for example also double dip for Elemental damage. You should check the poeWiki for damage conversion, to really understand it because I didn't understood it also, before I read that. -> http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

I quote WaffleT from another thread:

"Heralds, auras, flat damage from gear is all applied to the spell first. Then all conversions and %increased spell damage modifiers are applied to every part of that damage.Its pretty generous about giving conversions and increases to everything and in the way that means that both the fire damage and cold damage boosts get applied."

In the end it's just about point efficency to get the "better" nodes on the tree and skip useless nodes like Fingers of Frost for example. (I think chill duration is kinda useless and the whole cluster averages at 2% dmg per point, while something like Snowforged would be 25% average for 3 points. Also Nodes like Frost and Firewalker gets more viable then.

As far as I know each 10 Int node you take will be ~ 9% damage and 3-3,5% ES depending on your Int, so if the average damage of lets say 4 nodes in a Cluster for example is lower than 36% Damage you shouldn't pick it. That is also the Reason Why we don't run The Heart of Ice/Fire skills usually.

Without AoF and just CtF ~62% of your dmg output is fire, and 38% is cold, so I would still say you should run Fire Penetration. Penetrations really does MUCH more damage than screendps, and thats what's important in the end.

If you are happy with the freeze and chill, just keep playing with HoI and pure cold. No offense. It's a valid way to play, but I find the freeze kinda useless, because everything dies so fast anyways, and bosses tend to be immune to that.

@wholeworldsux:

How many Int do You have? I'd say try to get more Int, thats the main thing this build needs. Tree looks mostly fine to me. 20/20 gems push the damage also. Your dps will get ~5-6k with controlled destruction and without ce and that should be more than enough. (it is for me, at least).

The 14k dps screen is assuemedly taken with all dmg jewels you can take (ce, cd, CtF, added something, no Spell echo, no Penetrations, no Hypothermia) and isn't that real for fast mapping. However, prove me wrong whoever uploaded that.
Last edited by Necro_42739 on Dec 16, 2015, 12:24:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info