[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

I'm curious about the new support gems as well

I'm sure the easy way would be to remove Hypothermia as there are a lot of frost immune bosses
Cold to Fire
Fire Penetration
Life Leech
Spell Echo
Faster Casting/Concentrated Effect for bosses
Controlled Destruction

But theoretically, we can get higher DPS if we keep all our MORE multipliers in the setup
Cold to Fire
Fire Penetration
Life Leech
Spell Echo/Faster Casting
Controlled Destruction/Concentrated Effect
Hypothermia/Added Cold

Downside is we can only use 1 cast speed support. I don't think it would do much good to replace our only cast speed support with Concentrated Effect for bosses, so we probably would replace Controlled Destruction.
Not sure exactly which is better alone, Faster Casting or Spell Echo, as one locks us in place.

I will have to compare setups, but I assume that I will prefer the first setup for QOL reasons(cast speed).
Last edited by Bloodmatter on Dec 20, 2015, 3:34:29 AM
Controled destruction should? double dib also the Q on it is much better then hypothermia overall.

Swaping to the to gained me about 700~ish tooltip dmg. 1750 to 2500.

I run conc / spell echo / pen / c2f / ll / cd currently.

Personally i feel like the aoe is massive allrdy and bigger aoe just tends to be less exploisons together, similar to firestorm (correct me if i am wrong).
That's the setup I prefer, except I would keep Faster Casting for maps.

And yeah, that's why concentrated effect is so good for bosses. It doesn't only increase tooltip, it concentrates the explosions, so bosses get hit by more icicles.
2.1 UBER Viable ?
Is this potentially nuts when paired with some Izaro's Turmoil jewels? That's up to 50% increased damage per jewel.
Last edited by Selkhartha on Dec 21, 2015, 5:17:16 PM
A perfect Izaro's is still a bit worse than perfect Rarejewels with like:

Prefixes (pick 2):
14-16% Firedmg
14-16% Colddmg
14-16% Spelldmg While holding a Staff

Suffixes (pick 2):
12-16 Intelligence
10-12% Areadmg
10-12% Spelldmg
10% Increased Damage

In terms of availability, Izaro's is much easier to get, tho.
Hi,
Has anyone run Uber after 2.1? I am planning to use this build to complete all the Talisman Challenges
If anyone is running this build in 2.1 and has an updated tree/gem set up please share.
IGN: BusinessCasual
Using
x2 to level , fun : )!
Can Rigwald Crest be better than Perandus Signet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info