Life Leech

I see...I think. Thanks. xD
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Interesting...I'm assuming the 'increased rate' doesn't increase the 20%/s cap?
This is a misconception you're getting from everyone referring to the leech speed as a cap.

All your leech is applied to you at a set rate of life/mana per second. The base rate is 20% max life per second for life, and 12.5% max mana per second for mana.
It's not a cap, it's the rate at which all leech happens, and is specifically what that increase applies to.

People take to referring to the speed as a 'cap' because there is a cap-like behaviour change between the point where, on average, your attack/cast speed and amount leeched result in not constantly leeching, and the point where they do, in which the time it takes you to get one leech (because it occurs at this rate) is enough that you start the next leech before that one's finished, and thus it's queued up behind the first.

Since its not specifically a cap, when I do 1 attack with life leech nonquality, then atack with a life leech max quality, how does the queue stack ? If it's anything like flask then the highest get its effect in first ?
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Can i leech life from myself with blood fury or righteous fire?
"
kavinux wrote:
if it could, nothing would change XD, so it doesn't either way.
"
Progammer wrote:
Since its not specifically a cap, when I do 1 attack with life leech nonquality, then atack with a life leech max quality, how does the queue stack ? If it's anything like flask then the highest get its effect in first ?
Correct, the other will be paused and queued up until the faster one is finished.
"
kavinux wrote:
Damage-over-time effects can't cause leech
Since life leech can't really increase in effectiveness with each level up (same goes for other gems as well), some level-ups feel pretty tame. Would it be possible to either

A: Display incremental stat increases if present, e.g. "2.3% of damage leeched back as life"

or

B: Display progress towards next effect increase in the tooltip, e.g. "2% of damage leeched back as life. Next increase in X levels"

I'm not at all complaining about how the gems mechanically work, I just think a little additional information in the tooltip would go a long way towards making the gems "feel" better to use, especially to newer players.
I've talked with Carl, and we're now planning to at some point change how the leech stats work to allow non-integer leech percentages for the gems.
How does LL work with over kill damage? Say I do 1000 damage to a mob with only 100 hp?

Do I get:
// 1000 * 1% = 10hp
// 100 * 1% = 1hp
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I've talked with Carl, and we're now planning to at some point change how the leech stats work to allow non-integer leech percentages for the gems.

That's bloody amazing! Will make it feel SO much better to level those gems up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info