Life Leech

How high does the life leech % on this gem get?
Last edited by Silty on May 10, 2012, 4:24:17 PM
The life leech and mana leech mods on gear and in the skill tree only give results on physical damage.

Is that also true of the support gems?

I don't see any textual description to suggest this in the gems but there's not a lot of room to write so much which makes me wonder.
Last edited by sakti63195 on May 14, 2012, 6:03:01 PM
"
sakti63195 wrote:
The life leech and mana leech mods on gear and in the skill tree only give results on physical damage.

I don't see any textual description to suggest this in the gems but there's not a lot of room to write so much which makes me wonder.
No, the support gems work with any damage. Leech on gear is limited to physical damage from attacks, and is labeled as such.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sakti63195 wrote:

No, the support gems work with any damage. Leech on gear is limited to physical damage from attacks, and is labeled as such.

Is there any way that you can re-label the Flask modifier that gives 2% life leech during flask effect? Currently it is written in a way that makes it sound like it would parallel the Life Leech gem and work with spells, because it doesn't say anything about "from attacks". But I tried it and it appears to be from attacks only, not spells.

Didn't really know where to put this feedback, sorry.
"
visibiliti wrote:
Is there any way that you can re-label the Flask modifier that gives 2% life leech during flask effect? Currently it is written in a way that makes it sound like it would parallel the Life Leech gem and work with spells, because it doesn't say anything about "from attacks". But I tried it and it appears to be from attacks only, not spells.

Didn't really know where to put this feedback, sorry.
Good catch! that was indeed labeled wrong. I've fixed it for 0.9.10
The Wiki page for this skill shows a 1% life leech rate for every 1% quality. What does that mean, exactly? The leeched life isn't added instantly like Life Gain on Hit?

EDIT: After some searching around, it seems it's restored (at what rate I couldn't confirm) over time. Interesting. Apparently there's a cap to how much you can restore per minute as well? Is this impacted by natural health regen/flasks or other methods of gaining life?

In any case, I suppose burst healing would be a bit OP. I was going to hook this up to Molten Shell and Iron Will on a Blood Magic character for some crazy defensive + offensive stats...might still be worth it; I'll have to see.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Aug 12, 2012, 4:04:14 AM
"
The Wiki page for this skill shows a 1% life leech rate for every 1% quality. What does that mean, exactly? The leeched life isn't added instantly like Life Gain on Hit?

EDIT: After some searching around, it seems it's restored (at what rate I couldn't confirm) over time. Interesting. Apparently there's a cap to how much you can restore per minute as well? Is this impacted by natural health regen/flasks or other methods of gaining life?

In any case, I suppose burst healing would be a bit OP. I was going to hook this up to Molten Shell and Iron Will on a Blood Magic character for some crazy defensive + offensive stats...might still be worth it; I'll have to see.

yes just like mana regen, also listed in mechanics thread. if you life/mana steal for far more than your m aximum hp/mp, then the amount gained is given over time. and it is seconds not minutes.
Interesting...I'm assuming the 'increased rate' doesn't increase the 20%/s cap? If not, isn't it a bit of a useless quality for the gem? 20% Doesn't seem hard to hit for a heavy hitting AoE spell like Molten Shell (especially when you factor in flasks, life gain on hit effects, and 'passive' regen from gear/passives).
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
i believe the number is actually 12.5% and with full quality this or the mana version support, ends up being 15%. because the 20% icnreased is going onto that 12.5% base.
"
Interesting...I'm assuming the 'increased rate' doesn't increase the 20%/s cap?
This is a misconception you're getting from everyone referring to the leech speed as a cap.

All your leech is applied to you at a set rate of life/mana per second. The base rate is 20% max life per second for life, and 12.5% max mana per second for mana.
It's not a cap, it's the rate at which all leech happens, and is specifically what that increase applies to.

People take to referring to the speed as a 'cap' because there is a cap-like behaviour change between the point where, on average, your attack/cast speed and amount leeched result in not constantly leeching, and the point where they do, in which the time it takes you to get one leech (because it occurs at this rate) is enough that you start the next leech before that one's finished, and thus it's queued up behind the first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info