Increased Duration

Known issue (it's also on the Known Issues list in Bug Reports). Fifth report this week, I think? Maybe sixth.
The skill "Blood rage" supported by this gem does gain duration when cast at start,

but when refresh by killing the enemy, the duration goes back to 10 sec.
IGN: cowshut
"
cowshut wrote:
The skill "Blood rage" supported by this gem does gain duration when cast at start,

but when refresh by killing the enemy, the duration goes back to 10 sec.
known issue.
Will this gem increase the duration of status ailments caused by elemental damage dealt with the supported skill?

I'm going to assume no, since a status ailment doesn't sound like it fits into the scope of "skill effects", but it's hard to be sure with these things.
"
Malice wrote:
Will this gem increase the duration of status ailments caused by elemental damage dealt with the supported skill?

I'm going to assume no, since a status ailment doesn't sound like it fits into the scope of "skill effects", but it's hard to be sure with these things.

Status ailments are only affected by stuff that affects them specifically, like Elemental Proliferation quality, elemental specific curses quality and various passives/uniques etc. So no, Increased Duration doesn't increase them(if it did it'd be way overpowered too ^^).
If I link a skill with Blind and Increased Duration, would the duration of the Blind status be increased? I'm assuming no.
"
If I link a skill with Blind and Increased Duration, would the duration of the Blind status be increased? I'm assuming no.

It should, as it's not uncommon for supports to affect other supports assuming they can, such as cold penetration working on added cold damage. Can't find a dev confirmation on the subject however so it might not if Blind doesn't have the duration flag that lets it be affected by various duration increases.
This gem doesn't seem to work with cold snap. At least the duration increase isn't mentioned in the spell's tooltip when ID is socketed.
Last edited by Reuboid on Mar 28, 2013, 10:26:34 AM
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Malice wrote:

Status ailments are only affected by stuff that affects them specifically, like Elemental Proliferation quality, elemental specific curses quality and various passives/uniques etc. So no, Increased Duration doesn't increase them(if it did it'd be way overpowered too ^^).

What, why, makes no sense? Maybe make it affect ailments but decrease the duration added.
Does increased duration work on Punctures DOT and Poison Arrows AOE lingering?
PM me here is best way to contact me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info