Increased Duration

Unavailable

Portal + Increased Duration here

Doesn't seem to keep the portal up for much longer than the standalone portal?
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Because the instance is what has a duration not the portal. Once the instance is gone the portal can't link to anywhere.
When used with the 'Blood Rage' skill it increases the starting duration correctly, however whenever you kill a monster the subsequent resets do not take advantage of the skill. For example, when I cast bloodrage with this support gem it will have a 15s duration, however when I kill a monster it will sink back down to 10s no matter what, for all subsequent monster kills. Is it possible to make this skill apply to the timer resets from each kill of Blood Rage, in its current form it doesn't provide much use.
"
mysrt wrote:
When used with the 'Blood Rage' skill it increases the starting duration correctly, however whenever you kill a monster the subsequent resets do not take advantage of the skill. For example, when I cast bloodrage with this support gem it will have a 15s duration, however when I kill a monster it will sink back down to 10s no matter what, for all subsequent monster kills. Is it possible to make this skill apply to the timer resets from each kill of Blood Rage, in its current form it doesn't provide much use.
known bug, still hasn't been fixed. get duration boosts from passives instead. however that increases the self damage done either way so be careful.
I just have to ask, when I pair this gem with puncture, it indeed increase the duration of the bleed.

But the skill tooltip does not increase the "dps" when i add this gem. something that should be looked at or intentional? Can't really tell since there is no combat info :p Do they bleed slower but for the same total bleed damage or does it increase the overall damage since they bleed longer? ^^ (The latter should imo be the case)
um kinda hard to explain without messing up my words. this skill doens't increase dps of anything, just makes things last longer.

the monster isn't taking that % of your damage over the entire time, it is taking damage continuously every frame the debuff is on the foe till the duration ends. same for all other damage over time skills in fact but slightly more simple than how puncture works (fix number instead of based on your damage). thia support gem makes it last longer, thus foes take damage longer and you don't have to reapply the skill.

edit: fire burning damage is like puncture too in way of damage based on previous damage, but that can't be increased but this skill support.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 11, 2012, 5:22:26 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
um kinda hard to explain without messing up my words. this skill doens't increase dps of anything, just makes things last longer.

the monster isn't taking that % of your damage over the entire time, it is taking damage continuously every frame the debuff is on the foe till the duration ends. same for all other damage over time skills in fact but slightly more simple than how puncture works (fix number instead of based on your damage). thia support gem makes it last longer, thus foes take damage longer and you don't have to reapply the skill.

edit: fire burning damage is like puncture too in way of damage based on previous damage, but that can't be increased but this skill support.

This means if two people(same stats etc) land one puncture each on a different mob, but of same race/lv, the one with the increased duration would not have caused more overall damage(Neither of them reaapply the dot) then the one without, when both the debuffs ended? ^^
Last edited by Syyynd on Aug 11, 2012, 7:42:46 PM
um no. let me explain using your example.

one person hits foe worth 5 damage per second for 7 seconds
other hits foe for a hit of 7 damage per second for 5 seconds.
foe has the 7 damage per second "working" for its full duration, THEN the weaker one still has 2 seconds to go and continues where the stronger one left off.
Deleted
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Last edited by kungfooe on Aug 12, 2012, 8:50:45 PM
"
kungfooe wrote:
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but the increased duration doesn't seem to effect the duration of enduring cry charges. With the skill gem linked or not, they only seem to last for 10 seconds.

As a note, I also posted this in the enduring cry skill gem section.

a dev already answered you, and it is because charges have thier own duration, enduring cry does not give a duration to charges.

now if it was slightly modified to increase the agro time, that would be kinda valuable. (hint at devs please, i know it sorta already increase due to recharge a patch ago)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info