Increased Area of Effect

If this gem is linked to conversion trap/dominating blow, and you convert a rare monster with an aura, will it increase the radius of the aura?

I realise that the gem would normally affect any AoE skills used by minions/totems etc., but in this case the aura has already been "cast", so I'm wondering if the increased AoE would apply, or if the monster would have to re-cast the aura while dominated (which would never happen) in order to get the bonus.

P.S. I'm trying for some sort of obscure question of the week award
Conversion Trap:
No. Minion skills grant all stats in the skill to the minions, but conversion trap is not a minion skill. Conversion Trap does not create a minion, and does not affect the converted monster's stats in any way. The monster never gets the area bonus.

Dominating Blow:
Still no. This is a minion skill and the minion does get all the stats of the skill. However, auras on rare monsters are not skills they use, they're an inherent property of the monsters - they have no aura skill that could use the area increase stat.
Even if they did have an aura skill that they cast, they'd need to recast it to get the effect.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 14, 2013, 7:54:01 PM
Ah monster auras are not skills, thanks mark.

I'd wrongly assumed they were skills that the monster cast as soon as it spawned.
No, the monsters use tech that means a mod can specify an aura that it represents.
This tech is currently not working on item mods, but may be used for such in future.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No, the monsters use tech that means a mod can specify an aura that it represents.
This tech is currently not working on item mods, but may be used for such in future.

Sounds suspiciously like something a diamond might have requested :D
Been looking around for info about lightning warp if it's effected by aoe or not, haven't found anything so I guess i'll look here. Does the increased area of effect support gem/skill points which say area of effect radius effect lightning warp? Working on a build and some confirmation would be nice :D
____....----====----....____
-----------------------------------
IGN: noxivious or noxxivious
-----------------------------------
====----....____....----====
Yes, Warp benefits from AoE increases. Just look at the tags in the gem description :P

(also, grab a Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline or something similar. It makes Warp completely nuts)
"
Malice wrote:
Sounds suspiciously like something a diamond might have requested :D
Not specifically. The ability to extend aura mods to items has been on our to-do list since monster auras were introduced, and some of the groundwork was laid when that system was implemented.
Does this also increase the damage you do in the area?
My first impression is that an AOE skill does X damage to an area, if you increase the area but still do X damage, you hit each mob for less (but you can hit more mobs).
Damage is always per hit, not per cast. Inc. AoE just increases the area you hit in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info