Faster Projectiles

one day one up
I have a lvl 15 Rain of Arrows, a level 10 slower projectiles, and a level 11 faster projectiles.
Riddle me this:

My level 10 slower projectiles contributes 24% more projectile damage at 39% less projectile speed thus providing a tooltip dps of 3039.6 when linked with rain of arrows.

My level 11 faster projectiles contributes 25% more projectile damage at 60% more projectile speed thus providing a tooltip dps of 2602.3 when linked with rain of arrows.

How exactly does faster projectiles higher damage % combined with the decreased delay between firing and landing wind up granting me less overall dps?

I've tested this with ice shot as well to see if it was simply a rain of arrows thing. Still a decrease in dps when using the faster projectiles.

Is it possibly because Rain of Arrows and ice shot aren't technically labeled as projectile? if so, why do the support gems work with them anyways and why so halfway? It feels like it's not telling me exactly what numbers it's changing in the background.
Re-read the descriptions. Faster Projectiles does not grant More Damage, it grants Increased Damage. All sources of Increased and Reduced Damage stack additively, whereas More and Less are multiplicative.

Also of note: Projectile Speed has zero effect on DPS.
Faster projectiles is useless. It needs a more multiplier. Every half decent support has a more multiplier these days, so taking faster projectiles means a big DPS loss. I've wanted to take it many times because of the speed, but could never justify that.
"
Miathan51 wrote:
Faster projectiles is useless. It needs a more multiplier. Every half decent support has a more multiplier these days, so taking faster projectiles means a big DPS loss. I've wanted to take it many times because of the speed, but could never justify that.
Agreed. I just noticed even pierce support has "more" modifier on it while providing more utility than faster projectiles in any projectile build that doesn't naturally pierce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info