Faster Projectiles

Technically, arrows should also need to roll their pierce chance twice when used in dungeons - once to get up through the ceiling and once to come back down through it.

But to implement that, or faster projectiles having the (admittedly correct) effect of slowing the attack would be much less fun, and while technically correct would feel wrong to the majority of players.
I think faster projectiles could have some more interesting/funny reactions with other skills!
"
Neonexe wrote:
I think faster projectiles could have some more interesting/funny reactions with other skills!
I commented in game that faster projectiles should work with Whirling Blades. I mean, you're kind of turning yourself into a projectile after all.
TehHammer is not a crime!
From the point of view of the bow Ranger... what's the point of this gem?

Enemies generally don't try to sidestep incoming projectiles anyway, they mostly just move towards you.
I have problems with Faster Projectiles. I'm using the gem, but it does not change the data in my character menu. I picked a picture to understand better.

The gem gives +30% speed, but the menu still 11%.

Am I doing something wrong or have a problem really?

Faster projectiles is a support gem. You need to put it in a socket licked to another socket that contains an active skill, and it will give its bonus to that active skill. The explanation text in grey italics on the popup gives more detail.
Sorry, had not read correctly.
But thanks for the help, now I understand what a gem support.
Thank you again.
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Bezier wrote:
From the point of view of the bow Ranger... what's the point of this gem?

Enemies generally don't try to sidestep incoming projectiles anyway, they mostly just move towards you.

Old question but I'll answer: Roaming enemies (that haven't been aggro'd yet) that are moving perpendicular to your attacks are sometimes difficult to hit at extreme ranges. This happens quite frequently depending on your play style. For me though, the main benefit seems to be an additional cheap (110%) source of projectile damage (a great modifier as it also increases elemental/chaos damage) and ias/fc on quality gems.

I do find it slightly ironic that this pure dex support is often best served on a spell, where it'll either extend max range (spark, EK, FP) or compensate for a dreadfully slow base projectile speed (Fireball, Arctic Breath). It is still very useful for bow builds, even though their projectiles generally move faster, because of the aforementioned bonuses and low mana cost multiplier, as bow builds generally have a difficult time with excessive mana costs.

Off topic: While looking at this gem a while back, I thought it might be neat to incorporate a base projectile speed to various bow types, where low attack speed / high dps bows have a higher base projectile speed than faster attack speed / lower dps bows due, mostly due to real world implications of draw weight affecting a projectile's velocity (damage already accounted for, but not projectile speed) and accuracy (again, in this case, represented by a missing projectile speed modifier), but also because it might make more interesting interactions with this support.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 26, 2012, 1:47:00 PM
"
Shippal wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Increased projectile speed on Rain of Arrows doesn't actually affect the speed at which the arrows come down when they do, it reduces the delay between you shooting them up and them starting to come down. Firestorm has no such delay.

I finally tried this combination and one thing occurred to me. When you shoot this pack of arrows, speeding them up should increase the time before they come down (and they would come down faster, too). Reducing it is convenient but illogical.
I don't really mind it the way it is, it still kinda does make sense in a sort of way when not thinking about it.

You are thinking correctly. Faster Projectiles would technically increase the force applied to the created arrows. This force would mean that the arrows would fly up higher into the air, because the only resisting forces upon them would be drag (negligible) and gravity. As gravity simply reduced the acceleration upon the projectiles over time, projectiles that move faster into it would take longer before they begin their descent, meaning that actually Faster Projectiles should work inversely upon Rain of Arrows, and make the arrow swarm come down later. Physics. ;)

I also like the way how totems work, the way how they can make frostwalls appear in
perfectly straight lines it's like so logical when u think about it. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info