Spark

This skill is my bread and butter as a lightning/crit witch. Unfortuantly because of this it has also turned into the win button.

I have no reason to use any other spells at all, with fairly standard equipment and +lightning/elemental damage passives I've breezed from level 10 to 30 with no real difficulty or death using this skill alone.
Last edited by Velyks on Mar 3, 2012, 7:57:40 PM
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
I made a post on the Alpha forum, and it appears that Spark is very broken right now.
Broken OP or broken weak
Made a thread in the bug report section before seeing this one, so I will link to the bug here.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/25694

Essentially, Spark seems to get stuck on chest collision boxes when cast directly on/above the chest.
Ignorance is bliss,
And the opposite is true.
Genius is madness.
=========================================
that's because it's possible to get it inside the chest, in which case it stays bouncing around in there, because it can't get out. We're aware of that one, but don't have a good fix right now.
Ran into a issue with spark in the free weekend it stopped casting whenever a mob died and made any speed bonus null as I had to recast it after every mob the only way around this was to not target a enemy and cast at a wall or something.
Posting Feedback (or possibly a bug) for the combination of Spark and Frostwall. Currently, Spark projectiles explode on contact with Frostwall, with Pierce occasionally letting Spark through. I was kinda hoping Spark would bounce off the Frostwall. Any chance of this?
This spell just doesn't cut it as a primary source of damage at higher difficulties.

I'm having more success with unbonused Freezing Pulse/Ice Spear compared to a fully supported Sparks.

With all of the passives to lightning dmg, spark barely has more dps compared to an unsupported FP/Ice Spear, and I would hate to have to compare it to Fireball.

Add this to the ability to freeze or ignite targets (or both if you utilize Cold to Fire)and they are just through and through better.

Using spark to fully take advantage of the shock debuff is exceedingly difficult in all but the most enclosed of areas which aren't very common (talking about a really narrow hallway or one of those prison cells), with its random flight path and random damage.

Spark needs either more damage/speed/non-random pathing, or something that'll at least bring it on the level of its fire and ice counterparts if not set it apart from them.
Last edited by KillyPCP on Apr 14, 2012, 5:19:31 PM
I didn't see even once [I didn't use it a ton] spark shocking enemies. I could use this skill as a shock spreader [don't need ton of dmg, just a lot of shocked targets]. This could be nice use of this skill for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info