Infernal Blow

"
kchow123 wrote:
"
"
kchow123 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPVT7PpW03k

Something to look at fso Infernal Blow. I think in my opinion ion, kind of really dangerous because you will die almost always to elemental reflect. I have capped resists in this video, although my HP pool can be better(I don't really have great gear).

I've exploded elemental reflect groups without much issue. I'm not sure the explosions get reflected (just like traps don't). In any case it hasn't been a problem for me.

You can see my pop an ele reflect pack in this video at around 3:35.

that is because my aoe radius with infernal Blow plus melee splash is approximately half the screen.

In that video I have 90% increased AoE on infernal blow. Considerably more than you were showing in your video.

"
i also do almost triple your damage per hit.

Completely irrelevant. If, as you say, the corpse explosion damage gets reflected, then it will be exactly the same regardless of whether you're like me with a bunch of fast small hits, or like you with big, powerful, slow hits. When you reach the corpse explosion chain portion of the fight, you should be taking huge amounts of damage - but as you can see in my video, you don't.

Obviously the reflect is going to be a bigger problem for you just off the general splash getting reflected, with your big slow hits. With my smaller fast hits a lot of the reflect damage is negated by arctic armor. But again, I wasn't arguing that reflect could never be a problem for infernal blow melee splash builds. I was saying I don't think it triggers off the corpse explosions.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 24, 2013, 1:35:22 PM
sorry was difficult to understand that that was indeed what you were trying to convey. yes you are right. Doesn't make sense to have a unique mob in full party to reflect corpse explosion. Some redicu hp.
IGN: Zarithinor
Timezone: PST
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/krithusful
Infernal Blow Templar Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/441227
Zarithinor's Mirroring Service and Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/434938
I hope someone can give me an answer for this. For infernal blow build, I should focus in physical damage or elemental damage? I am confusing which nodes I should take in passive skill tree -_-
IGN - LameMeMeMe (ci elemental bow-shadow) / LameMeMeMeMe (two-handed sword duelist)
:D
pm me in forum if I offline in-game. Cannot online often due to laptop overheat issue.
"
lameranger wrote:
I hope someone can give me an answer for this. For infernal blow build, I should focus in physical damage or elemental damage? I am confusing which nodes I should take in passive skill tree -_-

Physical, elemental, fire, and weapon elemental are all good for infernal blow. Physical damage will increase the converted damage, not just the physical portion. All of the above bonuses are additive in their effect on the total fire damage done by infernal blow.

Elemental and fire nodes will also increase the damage of the explosion. Physical and weapon elemental won't - but in my experience since the addition of melee splash the base explosion damage is enough to get things chaining, so that isn't a huge deal.
I'm looking for a definitive answer (ideally from staff wink wink nudge) regarding interaction of Temporal Chains and the "Buff Duration" (Increased Duration of Buffs and Debuffs you create from skills) nodes on the tree with the fuse/explosion timer on Infernal Blow.

The Increased Duration support very definitely does not affect IB in any way, which makes sense since IB does not have the "Duration" tag on the gem. What is unclear to me is whether the skill creates a proper Debuff on targets hit by it that sets the timer for explosion, and if so whether that Debuff is modified by Temporal Chains and/or the Buff Duration nodes.

This is significant because I'm interested in using a slow weapon with IB but will be playing almost exclusively in a party situation and I want to make sure I can keep the explosion chance up at all times. If the duration nodes or the curse affect the time for explosion I won't need to get nearly as much attack speed.

I haven't been able to find a solid answer for this and there is a lot of conflicting information on the forums here and on the POE wiki, it looks like perhaps it once created a Debuff but now is a timer which can not be modified?
Last edited by Preliator on May 2, 2013, 3:15:21 PM
Will the 20% AoE increase form a quality infernal blow effect the splash AoE radius, or just the radius of the explosion?
"
SirRabbit wrote:
Will the 20% AoE increase form a quality infernal blow effect the splash AoE radius, or just the radius of the explosion?

It's the same modifier as the Passive, Support gem etc., so it applies to the same stuff, but only for IB. Splash is part of IB in this case.
Can someone answer, if added quantity/rarity gem work on the corpse explosion?
IGN: Smegacore
Can you evade the reflect of the explosion? I know you can evade the reflect from normal attacks, but I'm not sure if the explosion counts as an evadable attack.

Also, is it the "20% Less damage to main target" or "50% Less damage to other targets" which applies to the explosion?
Brutus. Do you even sync?
Last edited by AnnanFay on May 12, 2013, 9:10:37 PM
The explosion is not an Attack. Don't know about the damage penalty question; quite curious myself.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 13, 2013, 12:30:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info