Infernal Blow

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:53:52 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 10:54:13 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
It is intentional that this can destroy Shield Crabs before they transform.
"
xaece wrote:
I believe +Spell Damage impacts the Corpse Life AoE splash damage.
No, that was fixed a few small patches ago
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
The damage of the explosion is increased by elemental damage increases (but not elemental damage with weapons), what's shown on the skill is a percentage of the enemy's maximum life which is used as the base fire damage for the explosion and is increased by all applicable increases.
If it could show the final amount of damage the explosion would deal then you could see it being affected, but it can't do that because the amount varies for each monster.
"
Imrael wrote:
(I also think that the Elemental Damage % Nodes are insufficiently explained, as I expected they will affect ANY elemental damage, so for example Tempest Shield or any other spells)
Passives which just affect "elemental damage" will affect all elemental damage you deal. Passives which affect "weapon elemental damage" or "elemental damage with weapons" or some such will not affect elemental damage from other sources, such as spells, only weapons.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
BitmapFrogs wrote:
Just a question... passives that increase the area of effect and the support gem that does should apply to the explosion, right?
Yes
I can confirm that infernal blow's fire damage is definitely increased by fire damage passives. Your situation does seem odd, but I can't tell if it's right unless I have more information. Can you tell me the levels of your glacial hammer and infernal blow gems, and which supports are linked to each of them (and their levels and quality).

Also if you could link in a post all the gear you have that affects physical, elemental, fire or cold damage, or adds strength. Then I will do the calculations and see what the damage should be - if it's different I'll then look into where errors might come in.

For now I can tell you the following:
All "% increased" modifiers on skills and passives are always additive. "% more" is multiplicative, and much rarer. All applicable % increases to damage are added and applied together. To do otherwise would be very imbalanced, as it would turn usually additive increases to multiplicative ones.

When damage is converted from one type to another, this applies to the base damage, but the converted damage is affected by modifiers to both damage types - if you're converting your physical damage to fire, then increasing your physical damage means more fore (because more to convert) and also increasing fire damage increases your fire (because it's fire).
It's 5:15pm on Friday now, and I'm gonna have to go soon, so I won't have a result for you until Monday, sorry. I'll talk to Rory (assuming he's not still sick) about getting a look at a stored version of your character, it didn't work when I tried, but he uses that a lot more than me so can tell me what I need.

Get back to you after the weekend.
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
Hopefully Mark can comment on this and let me know where I messed up that made my numbers 1-5 higher than yours (the game must not carry fractions or something).
Thanks for taking he time to do this. I will look over it in more detail soon (got some urgent crashes in the new patch to fix for alpha) - the only thing which stands out immediately is that the increase from strength is 66%, not 66.4%
The reason for this is that the physical damage increase you get from strength is a (calculated) stat, and stats can only have integer values. So when it says that 5 strength grants 1% increased physical melee damage, it means exactly that - you get a whole 1% increase for each whole 5 strength, nothing for leftover parts.

Within the calculation of a stat, floating point maths can be, and is, used, but the individual stats which are inputs to it are all integers, as is the calculated value. In this case, the "strength" stat is used to calculate the "physical damage increase from strength" stat, and the (integer) value of that stat is what's used in calculating the various damage stats - they don't query strength directly.

@jazmatik_weapon -sorry for taking the extra day to get back to you - I was off work sick yesterday.
"
I'd just like to thank Mark & Rabbit for taking the time to walk through this with me. It was great to see you in-game rabbit!
Mark, I hope you guys can take this feedback and maybe rebalance these skills. Usually cold is the *less* damaging skill, not more!

It's usually the single-target skills that do more, for balance reasons. Glacial hammer is exclusively single-target, where infernal blow, in addition to it's attack damage, deals extra AoE damage every time it kills something, which scales with the amount of life the monsters you're fighting have. Note that this is not accounted for in the DPS display (it doesn't know how often you'll kill things) and is affected by all your fire and elemental damage passives, but not the ones specific to weapons (the explosion is fire damage, but is not dealt with the weapon).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 10, 2012, 12:09:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info