Firestorm

"
Blackguard wrote:

I would like to see the base AoE radius greatly increased to remove Firestorm's single target superiority as well as give it a clear distinction as an AoE vs Fireball. The base AoE radius currently is small enough for enough of the 8 hits per cast to land on the same target to out single target damage Fireball.

I think another improvement to Firestorm would be to increase its rain duration, maintain the same fireball droprate, and give it a cooldown. The result would be a cast and forget AoE that frees the player to weave in other spells of their choice. This change would make witch gameplay more engaging and robust as the player would be encouraged to mix spells. It may even attract Templars and Dex/Int characters to include it in their repertoire.

Agree with all of the above.
"
JJGuevara wrote:
Used this spell myself as a witch, but stopped playing the character because this spell just made everything too easy - even on hardcore. Seen other people basically just spam this, it's low mana cost and high dps make it very easy; even potentially game destroying in terms of a challenge.

Damage needs a little reducement, but area spread of the spell needs to be way larger.
It gets a lot harder to use when monsters get faster, especially snakes. 1,000 damage per hit and extremely fast movement speed means that without minion support they won't stand in the firestorm and they'll kill you if you try to tank them.
"
Blackguard wrote:
I would like to see the base AoE radius greatly increased to remove Firestorm's single target superiority as well as give it a clear distinction as an AoE vs Fireball. The base AoE radius currently is small enough for enough of the 8 hits per cast to land on the same target to out single target damage Fireball.

I think another improvement to Firestorm would be to increase its rain duration, maintain the same fireball droprate, and give it a cooldown. The result would be a cast and forget AoE that frees the player to weave in other spells of their choice. This change would make witch gameplay more engaging and robust as the player would be encouraged to mix spells. It may even attract Templars and Dex/Int characters to include it in their repertoire.

This.
IGN : Jovial
Does this gem get affected by 'projectile speed' increases? Not the rate at which they fire, but the speed they come down at?
Last edited by Metronomy on Jun 4, 2012, 7:02:04 AM
"
Metronomy wrote:
Does this gem get affected by 'projectile speed' increases? Not the rate at which they fire, but the speed they come down at?

No it doesn't.

They start to appear as soon as you cast the spell (middle of the cast animation or so) and rain down too fast to make any speed increase here worth it. At least that's what some dev said somewhere which I'm too lazy to search for. :)
Does each fireball count separately as a fire ball?

Like, can the fire ball crit on some and not crit on some? Or is it determined at cast?

Also, if I use elemental weakness with firestorm, does each fire ball have an additional 10% chance to cause burning? Or does that 10% additional chance only get rolled once on first hit?
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Having used this spell on earlier levels I think changing it to a "cast and forget" spell would suit the pace of the game and gameplay in general.

Why? Because otherwise you will become a one trick pony, spamming Firestorm all the time since it lasts for like 2 seconds and seems to stack.

As it is now, you are forced to spam Firestorm and maybe facetank while you cast on yourself, and forget about other skills!
Probably a stupid question, but could someone clarify something for me... the stated dmg on my Firestorm spell says 110-165... yet when I hover over the spell on my hotkey bar, the dmg is signif. lower (91-120)..

does this have something to do w/different fireballs doing different damage rolls?
"
wxyjac wrote:

Like, can the fire ball crit on some and not crit on some? Or is it determined at cast?

Also, if I use elemental weakness with firestorm, does each fire ball have an additional 10% chance to cause burning? Or does that 10% additional chance only get rolled once on first hit?

I play a Shadow with high spell crit rate and I seem to see every time the spell crits every fireball that rains down crits. It seems to be determind at cast.

Every single time the spell crits every consecutive fireball has the crit animation! I can only confirm this this via the new crit animation and audio but I have seen this time and time again.

Dunno about elemental weakness, dont have it yet.
From dusk to dawn they fall in my traps,
monsters all dying and taking dirt naps.
At last I emerge with narry a scratch,
scrounging the field for any small catch.
A bauble? A jewel? A small golden ring?
A unique item would make my heart sing!
"
wxyjac wrote:

Yes to both questions, and in response to the first this makes diamond flasks incredibly useful, I use this on a double totem build where I stack 3 firestorms over the same area; If I use a diamond flask during this time almost ANY target dies within 5 seconds. (this is tested in chaos; I am 59 atm.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info