Firestorm

80% damage nerf is too big of a disadvantage at high difficulty. I'd go back to 50% and implement a cast delay.
The wait is over.
Edit: Post removed due to incorrect thread. Apologies to all. I probably shouldn't post after staying up all night playing this game.
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Apr 28, 2012, 3:58:33 AM
The tooltip (particularly the 80% reduced damage, and what it means by that) is unclear and could use some better explanation.
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
I think this skill needs a major rework. Right now, it has a tiny area, but has the highest single-target DPS of any spell. This is kind of ridiculous for a "storm" type spell. I believe the area should receive a major buff, while the damage should receive a nerf.
Silty, have you played till Mercieless or chaos?
because if not, you really should.

This skill like many others becomes useless because the damage is way too low.
Spread out the projectiles but increase the damage of each individual one.
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
I also think that the area should be larger.
I feel the splash on fireball does more than the area effect on this spell
"
Headhorr wrote:
Silty, have you played till Mercieless or chaos?
because if not, you really should.

This skill like many others becomes useless because the damage is way too low.

I guess you're right, it falls behind freezing pulse in single target damage once you get a multiple projectiles gem. Firestorm probably has limited ways to boost its damage from support gems.

Either way, I still think it should get an area boost. It's not much of a storm, more like a shower stall of fireballs.
Used this spell myself as a witch, but stopped playing the character because this spell just made everything too easy - even on hardcore. Seen other people basically just spam this, it's low mana cost and high dps make it very easy; even potentially game destroying in terms of a challenge.

Damage needs a little reducement, but area spread of the spell needs to be way larger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info