Firestorm

"
BobRt wrote:
Probably a stupid question, but could someone clarify something for me... the stated dmg on my Firestorm spell says 110-165... yet when I hover over the spell on my hotkey bar, the dmg is signif. lower (91-120)..

does this have something to do w/different fireballs doing different damage rolls?
I'm confused - the "listed damage on the Firestorm spell" is what you see on the skill bar, so I'm not sure what you're referring to with the first part.\
If you meant the listed damage on the gem, that's the base damage before any modifiers are applied - in particular, you should not that the firestorm gem has "Damage Effectiveness: 20%" - meaning the spell does 20% of it's base damage - this prevents sources of added base damage from being broken with the spell.
Sorry about my post, wasn't trying to confuse you :)

-Basically I was asking why the damage listed on the skill gem was signif. higher than the damage listed on the skill/hotkey bar. When with other spells, the damage listed on hotbar tends to always be HIGHER than that listed
on skill gem (because of the current passives and modifiers).

I understand now that the damage listed in hotbar for the Firestorm gem is adjusted from the 20% damage effectiveness. Therefore, signif. lowering the damage listed.

Whether or not this response makes sense to you, it makes much more sense to me now. I need to stop trying to figure things out while exhausted!

Thank you Mark for your input, this was a big help!
delete

I figured it now....

Edit

figured out not now of course... damn heat :P
Last edited by Nabijew on Jul 3, 2012, 11:20:38 AM
"
Nabijew wrote:
delete

I figured it now....

Good, because I was about to explain it for a 4th time :p
TehHammer is not a crime!
Did something to do with firestorms hitboxes change with the latest patch? Both pre and post patch I played a hardcore templar (currently level 40ish) built around the searing touch staff, maximizing fire damage and area of effect.. pre the patch my build was working really well.. and I was even using firestorm effectively against single targets.. After the latest patch though I almost never hit with the spell.. it might take up to 3 casts of the spell for even one fireball to hit when facing a single target.. even though I built specifically for this spell it is currently completely unviable to use even against multiple targets.
There was a fix to Firestorm that was implemented. There is a thread in the bug report forum about this.
This is going to sound a tad confusing but here I go...
(I played during the first stress-test weekend on another account and had an idea for this spell)

pressing and holding down the key which the spell (firestorm) is assigned will display the area of effect that the spell has. this would make for easier aiming as you moved the mouse around to choose an ideal place for casting. releasing the held key would then cast the spell.

hope that makes sense.
"
Havo wrote:
There was a fix to Firestorm that was implemented. There is a thread in the bug report forum about this.

Really? I just searched and can't find it anywhere..
Could you link me?

It still feels broken
The discussion is here. Worth a read.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39547/highlight/

Personally, I'd like to see a ground effect so I know how large an area I'm hitting. I typically aim it on a mob in the middle of the group, but I don't get much indication of the size of the firestorm and which mobs I've hit/missed.
Open beta is still BETA.
Last edited by MorriganGrey on Jul 27, 2012, 2:19:21 PM
Would firestorms fireballs being effected by projectile based support gems be to strong? (Or silly)

And does anyone know if Knockback (red support gem) affects Firestorm? My firestorm mages isn't high enough yet to try it out. (I'm hoping its as funny as I imagine with each fireball that falls having a chance to knockback, leading into a potential knockback storm XD)
Last edited by Waves_blade on Jul 30, 2012, 7:39:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info