Firestorm

molten shell sorta works but precasting is tedious.
cast on stun + leech + multi hit skills like sparks or glacial cascade, or arctic breath for the slow.
temporal chains
enfeeble (!)
arctic armor, you have fire so there's your anti reflect.
Cybil's Paw
getting more life/es (but not both) in general.

anything else depends on location/stuff/someone else =p
Last edited by soul4hdwn on May 11, 2015, 11:14:27 PM
so everyone is explaining that "increased area of effect" gem will boost fire-ball size and total ground coverage. What about concentrated effect? People only ever say that in reduces the size of the spell area but won't the fireballs also be tinier? thus hitting around one enemy still.....

right now i have:

Last edited by asmittie on May 20, 2015, 4:34:14 AM
Is there any reason why firestorm + remote mine or trap doesn't cast on nearest target and instead casts on itself even when there are enemies around?

it makes that combo unplayable, and its inconsistent with how mine interacts with other spells (casting on nearest target within some AOE)
fractured devourer:
http://i.imgur.com/MHuW96t.gif

@ScionLeTard @Tardesis
Does cast speed affect firestorm at all considering there is a set interval of 0.1 sec per impact on a 2sec duration of firestorm?
You still have to Cast the Firestorm before it even begins, so yes, Cast Speed does affect Firestorm. Spell Echo is still the best Support you could ever get because Spell Echo is stupid as shit.
According to the Wiki page about firestorm increased AOE is not a good idea, but decreased AOE is?

I miss the old quality bonus. This gem was one of a few where enhance was useful. The new quality bonus is not that cool.
Having played a Firestormer myself, I'd say having Increased AoE is totally worth it. Tiny Firestorms have very, very bad clearspeeds in remotely wide areas, and the increased AoE barely reduces bosskilling potential. If you really need some extra power against tough guys, run something extra such as Vaal Storm Call or a Flame Totem.
I've been playing firestorm recently. I just slotted the skill into a Pledge of Hands and the screen clutter increased materially. For me, it's not a lag or performance issue. Rather, it's just that there are so many balls on the screen that it's hard to see things. I realize this is a matter of taste, but the clutter is making me seriously think about replacing the skill.

My main suggestion is to tune down the graphics and perhaps make a toggle to have a low visual option. Thanks for your consideration.
Firestorm is pretty fun too play and both damage and options to modify it are good but i do have an issue with the visual effect since performance drops greatly and the screen gets really cluttered when reaching a higher cast speed.

My suggestion would be to either tone down the effects a bit or introduce a simpler but still good looking MTX for the skill.
Maybe something like a starfall theme or instead switch the fireballs for drops of liquid blue fire? I imagine something like drops of burning alcohol.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
On my new 1.5-hour-old lvl 16 character, Firestorm is a lot of fun. It is fast, efficient, and kills shit. And it is beautiful.

Why does it have to turn into such serious eye cancer further on? Seriously, using that skill later in the game, with high cast speed, faster casting, spell echo and increased duration is just stupid. It looks soo bad. It looks about right at low level.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info