Firestorm

Yeah this skill is in one of the worst spots for end game clearing, despite it's decent leveling use. NOT because of damage, that's one of it's strongest points. Would love to see:

-Duration cut in half and damage per hit doubled (no overall damage increase)
-AoE of each hit increased by 25%
-Projectile tag

Any of those changes in 3.0 would bring new life to this skill.
Never mind, wrong gem.
Last edited by worldoflies on Sep 16, 2017, 3:55:09 PM
I have a question about the damage buffs vs ongoing Firestorm.

It's my understanding that the crit roll is performed only once per cast, and all hits from the same storm are either crit or non-crit regardless of anything that happens during its duration. But what about the damage?

Situation: I have Elemental Overload and Arcane Surge at the time I cast Firestorm, but then those buffs expire while the storm is still active. Will all hits from the existing storm keep doing the damage that was calculated at the start (with EO and AS), or will the damage be re-calculated on the fly (and become lower the moment the buffs expire)?

All stat updates apply retroactively - this does include Crit too.

For example, losing Power Charges while a Firestorm is active can drop your Crit Roll below the threshold and make subsequent hits non-Critical. Similarly, if one enemy is Cursed with AssMark and another is not, the Crit roll can land right between the two Crit thresholds, Critting the Cursed enemy but not the other.
Example scenario.
I would very much appreciate some MTX that makes Firestorm less visually obscuring, e.g. turning each falling meteor into a bubble of magma that emerges from the ground and pops at the same moment the meteor would normally land
Really needs a vaal version
Honestly I'm surprised that Firestorm has changed very little over the years. We've gotten a few tweaks, and recently a buff (45% damage effectiveness from 30%), but it's just one of those abilities that just can't seem to keep up with the newer stuff.

One of my favourite spells, and I make a build every few leagues, but it falls short compared to other, easier to build options.
LOVING the new version of this spell.

Made this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2940312

It is a little misleading based on the numbers, but in practice the new firestorm hits like a train.

The meteors DUMPING on mobs with Unleash support is extremely satisfying.
Last edited by Seeders on Sep 21, 2020, 7:05:38 PM
The meteor's are satisfying but the firestorm itself is lackluster either do to a bug or too small a radius. Even with investment into AOE the secondary explosions seem to just hit around the target and miss. Most of the time they can walk right through the firestorm without getting hit. This coupled with if cast near any object or terrain the skill seems to cease to work. Either the meteor misses or half the secondary explosions don't even land.

If the skill is just bugged, then when it's fixed it would be nice. If it's not bugged then the secondary explosions need more AOE.
I was super hyped for this skill but so far it's extremely lackluster to play.

The damage is fine but for AOE clear it misses a lot of monsters and just feels back having to stop and back-track constantly. This on top of the small delay after casting makes for a frustrating playstyle. I cast Firestorm, run in a circle waiting for it to hit, then cast it another 1-2 time to clear up any stragglers in the pact that somehow didn't get hit.

When I play an open map with the mobs spread out it can take 10+ casts to clear a single screen. Since the small impacts don't stick around and are replaced after 3 your actual AOE is the middle meteor only.

I really wanted to love this skill but so far I've made it single target only and am using Armageddon Brand to clear because it's better in every single way.
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info