Explosive Arrow

the way the skill works is really nice, being able to stack charges is an interesting idea and brings a new element of challange to the game, by forcing u to hit the same target multiple times instead of just firing in the mobcrowd blindly. also the fact that the explosiondamage doesn't depend on the damage of ur bow is really great, because it makes available lots of cool builds.

only complain: the damage of the explosions

for the afford of stacking charges and the problems that come with that (delayed damage; hitting the wrong target; not beeing able to pierce; etc) the explodmg is too low. especially when compared to a discharger, who works similar (stacking charges, explosion...)

some ways to improve that could be:

1) every stacked charge increases the projectile dmg of the explosion by 10% (for example)
with this u could get 50% increased dmg if u really take the effort to stack all 5 charges

2) beeing able to stack more then 5 charges
simply put: why not? ;) in the time u would stack like 10 charges, most builds would have already killed all the enemies onscreen, gotten some coffee and taken a nap^^. so why this limitation?

keep up the great work mark ;)

greetings

Deus

Last edited by deusapollo on Jul 24, 2013, 7:48:29 AM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
can anyone confirm weapon swap does take effect if you swap before the explosion?

it worked before the recent patch that changed swapping of mid flight at least, but im not sure about right now. i know swapping to a crit chance weapon never worked since the roll is generated when the first charge is (mutliplier works though).
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jul 25, 2013, 2:18:10 AM
Just want to double check something - if you add fire penetration gem to explosive arrow, does the fire penetration apply to the explosion as well or just the initial hit??

Edit: Question 2 - How does crit work for the explosion ?? if the initial hit is a crit will the explosion also crit or is it calculated for each one ??

Edit 2: Question 3 - not really related to explosive arrow but while i'm at it, how much elemental resistance do monsters with a 'resist element' mod have ??

.....any answers appreciated
Last edited by PhillTheWill on Aug 2, 2013, 1:36:26 PM
Does "incresed critical strike chance with bow"(Lethality for example), work with EA?
"
deusapollo wrote:
the way the skill works is really nice, being able to stack charges is an interesting idea and brings a new element of challange to the game, by forcing u to hit the same target multiple times instead of just firing in the mobcrowd blindly. also the fact that the explosiondamage doesn't depend on the damage of ur bow is really great, because it makes available lots of cool builds.

only complain: the damage of the explosions

for the afford of stacking charges and the problems that come with that (delayed damage; hitting the wrong target; not beeing able to pierce; etc) the explodmg is too low. especially when compared to a discharger, who works similar (stacking charges, explosion...)

some ways to improve that could be:

1) every stacked charge increases the projectile dmg of the explosion by 10% (for example)
with this u could get 50% increased dmg if u really take the effort to stack all 5 charges

2) beeing able to stack more then 5 charges
simply put: why not? ;) in the time u would stack like 10 charges, most builds would have already killed all the enemies onscreen, gotten some coffee and taken a nap^^. so why this limitation?

keep up the great work mark ;)

greetings

Deus

I thought I'd take a stab at some of yours.
Firstly, the builds explosive fire damage creates ridiculous burning damage output if built correctly. Comparing it to discharge is a bit weird cause their different builds, but in genreal EA is used with the ridiculous aspd of Quill Rain and works quite well in a burn based build.

Stacking more than 5 charges would mean that you could increase the base fire damage. Increasing this means increased burn damage aswell, and with how the increased burning damage modifiers work this would be ridiculously powerful.

A hint as to how to use EA is in its quality bonus - chance to ignite
do % ele dmg with weapons icrease dmg of EA explosion? or i can completly neglect all passive dmg nodes except fire/burn dmg?
The explosion is non-Weapon non-Spell Projectile Fire AoE damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

thank you very much :)
Hi,

I am not totally sure if my question has already been solved in this thread.

How is Explosive Arrow working combined with LMP/GMP and the surgeons attribute on flasks?

If I understand correctly the attack and the explosion are rolling different crit rolls. Attack is based on the bow and the explosion is 6%.

The question are the explosions. Is every enemy with a fuse a different instance of EA?
If that's the case I can get 6 charges (assuming everything crits) with one shot of EA + GMP?

Actually that sounds a bit too sweet to be working. Maybe you can clear this up for me.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Projectile damage nodes in the Dualist and Ranger tree boost the explosion damage?

Does projectile speed then increase the range of the explosion?
Last edited by Zindax on Aug 18, 2013, 2:31:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info