scrap gear : transfer of gear mods

edit: not worth it
First, be smart from the very beginning. Pulverize all teeth, burn off fingerprints, and disfigure the face. Forcing a DNA test to establish identity (if it ever comes to that) might introduce the legal/forensic hurdle that saves your ass down the line. An unidentifiable body can, in a pinch, be dressed in thrift store clothes and dropped in a bad part of town where the police are less likely to question it. I don't reommend that disposal method, I'm just saying an easily identifiable body is an even bigger threat than the opposite.
Ancient thread, but I want to chime in. Rather than storing a mod, I'd like to see an orb that randomly removes one mod. In this way, if you have an otherwise awesome item that has rolled a crap mod, you have a chance to remove the crap mod (though you may remove a mod that makes it awesome). You can keep trying to perfect gear with exalts and this new orb I speak of. Or you could just hose it beyond repair.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Being able to add exactly the mod I want to an item would be great, but it make getting nearly perfect gear too easy. Such an orb/gem/whatever should be hard to obtain and have some drawback making it less ultimate.

Players shouldn't be able to put high-level mods on items where they couldn't appear before (itemlevel). Also wealthy players should not be able to get perfect gear. Either there should be a tag like the "mirrored" tag that makes it unable to put more than one mod on an item this way, or there should be another massive drawback, like the new mod taking up two mod placeholders, so a rare with one of those mods will only have five mods in total, with two of those only four, and so on. Probably you will have some better ideas.

Edit: oops, did not see it was a zombie thread
Last edited by Laor on Mar 18, 2013, 11:03:55 AM
Haven't read thread, but maybe a limit of one or two mods can be transferred onto an item before becoming flagged as a non transfer item.

Maybe even make the mod transferred over randomly selected.

That would increase crafting potential, as people would be rolling blues to get specific mods, then transferring them over to a better item.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
A Friend was talking about this yesterday, and I think if it were going to work you would have to generalize the mods in to categories. You would prolly want them pretty wide so you couldn't craft the perfect gear easily, I would think that Offencive, Defensive and Support Essence would work quite nicely.
Less RNG and randomness and currency sink in gear 'customization'? Good and desirable/useful gear being a little easier to obtain so more ppl can enjoy the game?
What madness is this? Are you real hardcore hardcores? It will obviously kill the game in seconds. And its for pussies.

You may believe me. I start with one map lvl 66 and now i have 345 lvl 76 maps. Im Bill Gates of POE. And im HARDCORE.

Last edited by KarraKurri on Mar 18, 2013, 1:32:52 PM
Make it about as rare as mirror and implement as follows:

Item converger. Rare currency. Cannot be used on uniques.
Click currency then click two items.
Destroys the first targetted item and lets you select a desired mod from the item.
The second targetted item has a 60% chance to recieve the same mod, 30% chance to recieve a slightly weaker version from the same mod family and 10% chance to outright destroy the second item. Stats for the mod is rerolled on transfer.
Adds "Finalized" to item. "Finalized items can never again be used with any currency".

So it's a high risk, high reward. But you will never be able to reroll it's stats again. So you have to invest a ton of currency to get the stats you want first, correct links, correct sockets, possibly reroll native stats and mod stats. Since you will never be able to use it with currencies again, you cannot use it for mirror service and will have to accomodate all your other gear to fit it if you wan't to swap builds as you can't chance socket colours.
Last edited by TheScalpel on Mar 18, 2013, 1:43:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info