[2.1]Poison Bladefall Hybrid Dual-Curse *Updated* (HC viable)

Agreed, I gave up somewhere in act4, around lvl 35. It's just too brutal for a first char, no damage, no defense, just a huge hp sponge running around 20 times a group of mob.
I sticked through it.

currently 75. 16k dps fully buffed.

I opted out of going into EB/MOM/ZO because I feel like too squishy without the ES and no life reg. I prefer my 4.6k hp and 2.3k ES currently.

My gear is still not optimal, I need better rings, amulet, weapon, I neither have any jewels in the skilltree yet. I think 5.2-6k hp are possible. If I have some currency I`ll try to 5l my chest.

dmg and clearspeed is pretty decent, however single target is kind of weakish. I think I`ll need to skip lots of higher map bosses or I`ll rip in HC.

Spoiler

Last edited by danteafk on Oct 5, 2015, 1:35:05 PM
Is lioneye's vision a good armor for this build? for the Life/armor/manaleech/free pierce link??
How does this build do leech? I dont get synegy behind it apart from Blood dance boot generate frenzy which give more life regen then with ZO it regen ES instead. Its great that no need to worry mana when EB kicks in. Also i dont get mind over matter, since you reserve 98-100% mana, any damage 30% goes to mana first then back to ES (chaos straight to life after mana empties out), am I correct? After all how does it susbtain damage apart from high ES regen? Last question, Do you take Ghost Reaver and VP ?
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Im building something very simmilar with a few changes. My plan for late is guet surgebinders guanteletes, carnal armor (6 or 5L at least) and doedre's elixir, rest of gear ES, resis and life.

Auras: Hatred-AA-HoI

6L: EK- Spell Echo - FP - Ice Bite - power charge on crit - PTL

Im not high lvl yet, and will be expensive...

Opinions?

Another cuestion: is not worth pick ghost reaver instead of ZO and sacrifice something to ad life leech? Or even try to guet life leech mods (+0,4%from tree) and change Physical to lightning for another dps suport in order to have more pys dmg to leech if we dont want to use life leech support gem (also leech with elemental dmg). I know you are loosing dps this way but looks more safe, maybe aegis aurora can be another option to explore, but i dont have the chance to try it yet.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNj1b8gUotkWv2qMYeImlR9BAx6MNlVLtUgGI3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ00lR8NWVLgcej_ryHWSd6_XsGIIeiELBxfRxQ1Qd2dsLbWw2PWyMnarA40tX8bNvnspKgwkNfOq6tAxGcYUy6-4c3LiTKPpXyUrIPycqTX1brEdRTNi9NZK18m6qLOkA7hUgmmpvJyPTTipM_0Mx6mLNmI1-dO3awQUt0TYJM-Isvqd1yxm0LYO9NmVNrK8M96mVwL9AoHrvhrN_xpMnytO-imKsX2rQ0Emx18_5N--IjxomPBbzL52ly1WFdweHE5ykR35TNVBCoS8=

Thats what im following right now, I didnt try the tree in late yet but it seems more safe in my opinion, but I pick a big part of my life nodes in late so we need Anatomical Knowlege jewel to put it in the first jewel slot between shadow and witch and guet life nodes from the big life bucle until we can guet the duelist ones, also this tree lacks spell damage (but we guet some in gear weapon and shield), focus more on proyectile damage, block chance, life leech (energy shield leech xD).

Another great option im considering is:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNj1b8gUotkWv2qMYeImlR9BAx6MNlVLtUgGI3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ00lR8NWVLgcej_ryHWSd6_XsGIIeiELBxfRxQ1Qd2dsLbWw2PWyMnaqDCQ186rq0DEZxhTLr7hzcuJMo-lfJmmpvJyPTTipDMepizZiNfnTt2sEFLb6ndcu9NmVNf8aTJ8rTvopirF9q0NBJsdfP-TfviI8aJjwW8y-dpctVhUd-UzVQQqEvlwbEov66u-NKfeOfh3YNjVuv7g78xUz_hNlNkiP2o4rndOjWmyYF-fljFfC95lT-_94k_edUUUc-z419z3qyGTIB

At least this tree have 170% maximum life (without anatomical knowledge or other jewels), 3,6% life regen per second, 45% projectile speed only from tree, 1,2% of physical damage leeched as energy shield (note that we must change Physical to lightning to have more phys damage and we have to use life leeech support at least until we guet the last life leech node)

If someone want to try this trees and post the experience it will be very helpfull for me to decide what to do and how to improve and make this build more safe for HC leagues
Last edited by JamesMMI on Oct 9, 2015, 7:46:22 PM
thanks for the build.

just finished all the challenges in the 1 month (except tempest)

gear

only issue i found with build is when you start taking a lot of dmg you run out of shield to cast which leads to a quick death.

stats - 51k dps full buffed, 4.4k hp, 1.4k shield, death counter 81 :D

cheers
Hardcore only, cause yolo :)
Last edited by miektwo on Oct 10, 2015, 7:46:39 AM
Just want to say thanks for this guide. Having a blast with it.

With 8 power 4 frenzy charges and atziris flask Vaal Haste 187k. Trying to figure out how to post screenshot.

Last edited by ZrxLvR on Oct 18, 2015, 9:23:01 PM
Ive got a question about the Mind over Matter, since im playing it on 1month SC and im lvl 85 now i really dont know how i get it running, i already tried to get as much energy shield but at bossfights the energy shield still gets empty and i cant attack for a few seconds (even without skilling mind over matter / stacking energy shield is also alot of damage losage)
(i get up to 100k dps with atziri flask + charges)
gear:

But afterall a nice build (not the best to level but still fun)
Last edited by xYumiko123 on Oct 14, 2015, 6:37:17 AM
Died at lvl78 in HC, totaly my fault, got careless and took on a pack of mobs where a reflect mob was hiding :) Buum, dead EK shadow. Very solid build indeed.

Will start another EK based on this build, just without mind over matter, never got it to work very well, as mentioned above, ES got depleted very fast.

Flame Totem + phase run saved my ass so many times. Phase run is great when you get swarmed, just hit phase run, and mobs will target your golem / flame totem, and you can run away :)
Man, ty very much for your build! I`m currently at lvl 81 and it is my most solid char :)

+4300 HP, +1500 ES and fully capped resistances! around 30K dmg when 5 frenzy charges are up.

Haven´t seen Divinarius and Voidbringer as an option for the build, are those two so bad? they`r working great for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info