Cleave

"
Pioneer2 wrote:
Is it a bug, or is it intended?
Intended. That passive increases weapon range (from 4 to 6 for one handed, or 5 to 7 for two-handed weapons).

Cleave never sues weapon range, it uses it's own, notably larger range (20) defined in the skill, regardless of the range of the weapon.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Pioneer2 wrote:
Is it a bug, or is it intended?
Intended. That passive increases weapon range (from 4 to 6 for one handed, or 5 to 7 for two-handed weapons).

Cleave never sues weapon range, it uses it's own, notably larger range (20) defined in the skill, regardless of the range of the weapon.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up, you just saved me a lot of skill points lol.
IGN: ragol
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Pioneer2 wrote:

Why is this?? is cleave a ranged skill or melee? its a ranged skill so make it green gem please it is NOT MELEE IF IT DOESNT USE THE WEAPON RANGE, regardless what weapon your using? so cleave doesnt even use a weapon so its a magic spell? you even said its not affected by melee range buffs so what is cleave exactly?
Last edited by Sacada66 on Mar 22, 2013, 1:33:55 AM
Is it intended to that cleave can do 4k-5k dps at level 31 (with 4 slot items)?

It kinda limits the choice of melee builds to only 1. Because it does the highest dps, highest damage in 1 hit and AoE.
All other builds can get max 1.5k dps at that level with a 1vs1 skill.
Twinking does not factor into balance. That's a fool's game.
(also, if you can only get 1.5k DPS with a single target skill while twinking four-socket crap, you're doing something terribly wrong)
Twinking = 5k+ dps

Easy to get items(1alc each items) = 3k+ dps.

But that's still twice as high as a single target skill.
"
gunney wrote:
Easy to get items(1alc each items) = 3k+ dps.

Oh, right, because Alchs drop like whites and you can just go on a spending spree whenever you damn well like to get gear from other people's higher level characters.

No, that's again twinking.
I've read some opinions like: "I'm using cleave and I'm having a blast!". The truth is normal/cruel/merciless usefulness of gems doesn't really matter if they are useless on end-game maps. Melee is already much, much weaker than ranged and the only skill that makes melee merely viable in endgame is ground slam. But its restriction to maces/staves makes sword builds worthless.

I hope this will change soon because I'm a bit tired of ground slam and recently I've found a sword which is a bit better than a maul my lvl 77 life leech marauder was using. Because I can't use ground slam with swords I tried using cleave. I need to say I'm very disappointed with this skill. It's inferior in every possible aspect.

Ground slam advantages:
+ interrupt/stun enemies
+ high range (as for melee)
+ kiting possibilities

They are crucial for surviving difficult mob groups and cleave has none of them!

I know there is the patch upcoming with some new melee support gems which hopefully make cleave usable but I want to suggest you guys one thing:
Cleave would be far better (= viable) if its hit was interrupting/mini-stunning mobs a bit the way ground slam does. I really can't find any explanation why cleave doesn't already do this while its range is so much shorter. Therefore using cleave is much more dangerous, much less defensive giving nothing in return.

I have really high hopes regarding the upcoming patch. Please make them real! :)
IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
Hello there , I would like to ask a question about the 40% physical WEAPON dmg reduction.
So I was reading the skill tooltip again today and i realised that it doesnt say that it reduces the physical dmg with 40% but the physical WEAPON dmg.
I wanted to ask what is the difference between those two considering Cleave mechanic and consider the passive skill points which are of those 2 types aswell ?
Also I would like to ask , shall I consider this as total 40% reduction dmg at the end or only the dmg from my weapons is reduced ( if this is any different - depending on the answer of the previous question) or its like if both my weapons deal a total of 100 dmg themselves with cleave they will deal 60 dmg or something else is calculated and the end dmg of cleave is more than 60... I am a bit confused , please enlight me on thisone.

Thanks in advance. Love the game! Keep up the awesome work!

Cheers!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Wargamer08 wrote:
With regard to dual wielding not interacting with the tooltip of this skill. If I have two total dis-separate weapon speeds which one does it use?

Example; Nomnom the Marauder is using Cleave with a Cleaver (1.1 attacks a second) and a Short Sword (1.65 attacks a second). What weapon speed is the Cleave?
Cleave currently uses the main hand attack speed only. This is likely to change eventually as we fix up the interaction with dual wielding

What is the current state of this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info