Blood Rage

yeah, I do not get the frenzy change aspect at all. Blood rage seems entirely pointless now. the degen was the counter to the frenzy charges... now it doesn't give frenzy charges, so why slot it at all?

50%?
"
Casia wrote:
yeah, I do not get the frenzy change aspect at all. Blood rage seems entirely pointless now. the degen was the counter to the frenzy charges... now it doesn't give frenzy charges, so why slot it at all?

50%?

Well, frenzy charges were buffed greatly... But still, 25% chance is just too low. Perhaps, buff chance with level or quality? Remove AS bonus from it, even, but just restore frenzy charge generation.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
as someone who plays a 2h flick strike build, i was damn happy with the buffs that GGG lined up for awakening.

it is a fact, i can get a good amount of dps and survivability despite being 2h.

then the life leech was rebalanced. ok, lets roll with it.

then bloodrage gets nerfed?????
25% to get a frenzy on kill?

i'm not a person who has a lot of EX to buy mirror worthy items. i also know that critdagger would do so much better compared to a 2h axe (axeziri disfavor).

i built my build because POE gave me the ability to build whatever i like based on my passive choices/equipment. balancing high damage and defense was so damn difficult that i basically am a glass cannon (softcore ftw). previously my build "kinda" worked coz on the slight off chance that i kill something, i get to try killing another thing (dps not high enough to 1hko a lot of things). so it works. isn't optimal but it works.

now bloodrage is total shit. 25%. seriously? there's so few options to buff it up. curse, frost bite and blood dance can buff it up to 100%. the curse and frost bite are "doable", frost bite is another part of unreliability, as a 2hander if i climb the tree to get all the chance to freeze nodes, my damage will drop and my leech will be minimal. using blood dance is practically telling everyone that you MUST have blood dance if you want to flicker. so much for build flexibility. curse? i believe aurify curse may solve this in the future if it works the way i believe it should.

i know there are many nerfs on many other builds, but this nerf kinda killed off using flicker reliably (dont count oros)

end rant.
[Removed by Support]
I'm sure they are not additive.
25% poachers, 25% blood rage, 50% ice bite=/= 100%.

It would likely be 3 independent rolls.
.25x.25x.5=.031
a 3.1% chance of all 3 procing.

.75x.75x.5=.281
A 28.1% chance of none procing.
Last edited by Casia on Jul 11, 2015, 9:56:56 AM
Seriously pissed with GGG for totally trashing blood rage. I thought Awakening was fantastic but the changes made to this gem were just retarded and now I see no point in playing Awakening at all.

"Lockstep YAY! Now I can finally make that flicker char I loved but could never stand because of the desync. Oh ya. Blood Rage got nerf nuked. Guess I'll just I don't know, go outside or something instead."

Great job listening to feedback on 20% of the users of Blood Rage so builds that shouldn't have used blood rage in the first place can get a marginal dps benefit and royally fuck over 80% of the builds that totally relied on the old blood rage mechanics and were (desync permitting) viable from beta. Congratufuckinlations.

Pretty much the only change I can tolerate is the leech and ehp balancing. The rest are total brain farts in my opinion. If you want a physical damage debuff then introduce that as a new gem (it can give phys damage or elemental resist or whatever who cares) don't destroy Blood Rage.

Please do something about this situation I refuse to play this expansion until this gem is fixed.
Last edited by Hubrisz4 on Jul 13, 2015, 9:11:07 AM
Ah, right, because Blood Rage is literally the only way to generate Frenzy Charges. Mmm. Too bad.

Wait there's like four other options.
Ok let's list the ways you can generate a frenzy charge:

Frenzy Skill (100% chance of frenzy charge on hit)
Poachers Mark (29% chance on kill when maxed)
Blood Dance Boots (20-30% chance on kill)
Ice Bite (59% chance on frozen enemies when maxed)
Victario's Acuity Neck (10% chance on kill)
Doedre's Elixer (grants one of each charge on use)
Claws of the Magpie Passive (25% chance to steal - if the mob has them in the first place)
Blood Rage (25% chance on kill)

Remember now, none of these chances are additive. They are in all likelihood separate rolls. Furthermore Flicker consumes frenzy charge on each attack!!!!!!

Obviously Frenzy itself is the only way to generate frenzy charges reliably. But you cant stop Flickering to single target just to Flicker again for a couple seconds. That is just ridiculous. Poachers Mark clearly? Actually no, not only is the curse not good for party play but the chance is too low. The Blood Dance boots then? Nope too low a chance for a big hit in terms of survivability when you could have much better boots with actual resists and ehp. Keep in mind most builds with Frenzy generation do not have lots of ehp or resists. Ice Bite then surely? Well the % chance is relatively high but still its not reliable and you must sacrifice a support. Moreover, you now have to get cold damage nodes too just to stand a chance to earn a charge with this support. On a crit build that aint easy as passives are scarce. Victario's Acuity maybe? Nope, 10% is not viable when other necks are available. Doedre's Elixer obviously no it can't generate them consistently. Claws of the Magpie? I mean really now... Your argument is so thin it's a joke. There could be a Billion ways to generate frenzy charges, it doesn't mean they can be generated easily and consistently enough to make Flicker viable.

Blood Rage is what made Flicker viable because it generate a frenzy charge 100% of the time on kill. Now its broken, therefore so is Flicker. At this point the only way to make a Flicker build work is to have a dedicated player with Conduit and Frenzy primary skill. That is hilariously stupid. I mean seriously how do GGG expect Flicker to work these days???

Care to reveal some evidence to the contrary?????
Last edited by Hubrisz4 on Jul 13, 2015, 8:23:03 AM
Generally, whenever you have the same modifier multiple times, it does stack additively. Blood Rage, Vic's Acuity and The Blood Dance would all stack additively, Ice Bite might do too but it's slightly weird. Poacher's Mark is defender-side so it's definitely separate.

It's very, very easy to Freeze and Shatter enemies with just Hatred and zero Elemental Damage support otherwise. Ice Bite should be incredibly reliable on a Phys Crit build.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 13, 2015, 7:42:33 AM
Well Casia a couple posts back is pretty sure it is not additive. Even if it is, that means I must take all the downsides of at least three possibly four of the frenzy generation methods and probably still not generate frenzy charges on demand. Come on man that is really unfair considering you can generate endurance and power charges pretty much on demand with like half the downsides. Would love to hear if anyone got Flicker working but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Just to put it in perspective lets only look at the support gems for generating charges - forget all the other gimicky gear stuff. Ice Bite requires you to freeze an enemy then kill them to stand a 59% chance to get a frenzy charge. Endurance Charge on Melee Stun however, you just have to stun them, not kill them and whoop 100% chance for Endurance Change. Power Charge on Crit similar although the chance is only ~50% you only need to crit not kill or freeze.

There are so many ways to fix this problem quickly but without even knowing what the logic was motivating the destruction of Flicker Strike (through Blood Rage) how can I even suggest an alternative without completely wasting my time? Obviously I would prefer GGG return Blood Rage to it's previous glory but my intuition tells me that is a pipe dream. At this point just acknowledging there is a problem would make me feel a lot less salty about Ficker's nuke nerf.
Last edited by Hubrisz4 on Jul 13, 2015, 12:59:27 PM
"
Hubrisz4 wrote:
Ok let's list the ways you can generate a frenzy charge:

Frenzy Skill (100% chance of frenzy charge on hit)
Poachers Mark (29% chance on kill when maxed)
Blood Dance Boots (20-30% chance on kill)
Ice Bite (59% chance on frozen enemies when maxed)
Victario's Acuity Neck (10% chance on kill)
Doedre's Elixer (grants one of each charge on use)
Claws of the Magpie Passive (25% chance to steal - if the mob has them in the first place)
Blood Rage (25% chance on kill)

Remember now, none of these chances are additive. They are in all likelihood separate rolls. Furthermore Flicker consumes frenzy charge on each attack!!!!!!

Obviously Frenzy itself is the only way to generate frenzy charges reliably. But you cant stop Flickering to single target just to Flicker again for a couple seconds. That is just ridiculous. Poachers Mark clearly? Actually no, not only is the curse not good for party play but the chance is too low. The Blood Dance boots then? Nope too low a chance for a big hit in terms of survivability when you could have much better boots with actual resists and ehp. Keep in mind most builds with Frenzy generation do not have lots of ehp or resists. Ice Bite then surely? Well the % chance is relatively high but still its not reliable and you must sacrifice a support. Moreover, you now have to get cold damage nodes too just to stand a chance to earn a charge with this support. On a crit build that aint easy as passives are scarce. Victario's Acuity maybe? Nope, 10% is not viable when other necks are available. Doedre's Elixer obviously no it can't generate them consistently. Claws of the Magpie? I mean really now... Your argument is so thin it's a joke. There could be a Billion ways to generate frenzy charges, it doesn't mean they can be generated easily and consistently enough to make Flicker viable.

Blood Rage is what made Flicker viable because it generate a frenzy charge 100% of the time on kill. Now its broken, therefore so is Flicker. At this point the only way to make a Flicker build work is to have a dedicated player with Conduit and Frenzy primary skill. That is hilariously stupid. I mean seriously how do GGG expect Flicker to work these days???

Care to reveal some evidence to the contrary?????

Well, I think you might be taking it too far. As end game options are probably enough.
like, ice bite WILL work. but you NEED a 5 or 6 link. Even 5 is rough... A 4 link won't do it as you wont have enough damage from just splash/multistrike alone.
And along the same lines, crit+hatred is totally enough to make icebite work, in an 70+ passive build.

It seems it is now simply an end game exclusive build, with a number of key linked items a 5-6l chest for flicker, ALOT of passives, possibly a blood dance.

Last edited by Casia on Jul 13, 2015, 5:00:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info