Blood Rage

some aesthetic suggestion, the visual effect now looks like you just survived from a massacre with blood spilled all over your body.

red glowing effect flowing through hands/body will be more awesome.
some mana/HP leech effects are even better.
Also hoping quality will be fixed soon for this gem.

A few things I've noticed about how Blood Rage is currently working:

From what I can tell Blood Rage already recasts itself only partially on the properties of the gem and then has nothing to do with the gem after the first cast.

For instance, I can cast blood rage and kill one enemy and then completely remove the gem from socket but keep charging through an area killing enemies and refreshing my blood rage throughout the entire level.

What this tells me is that the gem is only referenced in the initial cast and has nothing to do with subsequent re-buffs. However the engine does successfully maintain blood rage's skill lvl which is puzzling. If the engine properly maintains the original blood rage's skill lvl why can't quality be added as well?

As an example. Why can't you have the initial cast pass quality % along with skill lvl and have the engine's buff refreshes reference a larger table which contains skill lvl / quality lvl.

As I've already proved--after a single kill--the gem is of no consequence. I can remove it and maintain blood rage throughout an entire Docks run. This is dependent, however, on killing a single enemy to get the engine to be recasting the buff from whatever imaginary table it is working on.

I am unsure if this is how you want blood rage to be able to work (gemless). But please, it seems like quality could be added in here, without having to rehaul everything as stated. If the worry is simply of someone being able to swap gems for some kind of funny business it seems unjustified as the gem is not even required! Really hope that the table that blood rage references could simply be expanded--although I understand through some unfortunate set of circumstances could somehow be a monumental task.

Also curious what is the stance, should we be able to remove the blood rage gem and be able to terminate it's effect, or not?

Anyway this is just me wishing for 15% attack speed and 4% life leech.

*Keeping my fingers crossed on all subsequent patch notes*
Last edited by Pregapago on Apr 7, 2013, 3:31:45 PM
Degen would make more sense if it was a fixed amount of degeneration. That way, it could realistically be used on a life build. Keeping the damage chaos doesn't change the mechanic for CI but it's practically unusable for other classes.

At max level, instead of doing 3.8% of life, it could do maybe 40-60 hp/sec degeneration (1000-1500 life basis). That way you can counter it with a regen build and increasing your life or you can increase your chaos resistance.

The way it is now is kind of ridiculous. Using Inner Force + Blood Rage + Merciless default chaos resist = 7.9% degeneration a second and if you're talking about a 5k health build, that's 395 hp/second.

Fixed at 50 hp/sec, you would cap out at 104 hp/sec no matter your health.

The only problem with this is there would be no incentive to level the gem so maybe you can leave it like it is but set an arbitrary cap at around .5-.75 hp/sec per character level or just set it fixed at that value.
Last edited by darkel on Apr 8, 2013, 9:49:41 AM
It's rather easy to get the degeneration to neglible levels. For one, don't grab IF if you can't support it.
More like don't grab blood rage if you can't support it. At the rate I'm going, I'll be level 70 or 80 before I can support the skill.
I've been using it as soon as I could cast it just fine.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
From previous thread:
We are aware that supports (such as increased duration) on blood rage can't affect the refreshed buff because of how that's implemented now. We intend to change this if possible in future.

aaaaand this is why i was here.

well :P do it then i need bloodrage for my build
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
"
darkel wrote:
More like don't grab blood rage if you can't support it. At the rate I'm going, I'll be level 70 or 80 before I can support the skill.
If you hit 30% Chaos reists it takes roughly 3% total HP regeneration a second to maintain Blood Rage without life degeneration.

Vitality is 1.5%. If you're a duelist or Marauder you effectively get another 1.5% for free, as you don't have to go out of your way.

And that's assuming you have no flat regeneration at all. Or other sources of regeneration. Or more chaos resist.
At 4% degeneration if you cap chaos resist (hard yes, but not impossible with some creative itemization) you take 1% health per second.

Only thing preventing your from using Blood Rage is an unwillingness to invest in chaos resist gear.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Apr 10, 2013, 6:44:16 PM
Just wanted to make a suggestion for a more caster friendly blood rage.
Frenzy charges grant both IAS and ICS, which attracts CI casters or casters with high chaos resist.

The buff skill itself only favors attackers currently.
Show some love to casters by changing physical attack life steal into global life steel and lower the percentage.
A way to increase build and skill gem diversity:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/307289#p2659471
I would like to see global lifesteal as well, because when I switch to my bow ( which does elemental dmg ), I loose the benefit of the lifesteal =(.

Btw, do we have any clue about when the bugs could be fixed ? because basically, atm, it's pretty much useless to link it to increase duration, I might as well want to use another gem if this ain't gonna be fixed soon.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info