2.0 THE SLAMMER BOMB ! BOOM! ( CoC Scolds GC + ICE NOVA + INSPIRED LEARNING)

Important Note: I am now using Scolds Bridle + Vaal Molten Shell + chill of corruption combo for many reasons such as it literally takes care of the single target of the build(no need to switch to molten strike or conc effect) and insane leech which the build lacks cause we have no LL gem in our main setup. So overall you want in the end game is a Scolds Bridle hands down. Also I use now Inspired Learning Jewel + HoI , Innervate and Culling strike gem link combo so stacking movespeed as much as possible to take advantage of stacking as much as rare mods as possible. In the end its really worth it because we have high AoE modifiers so onslaught buff is almost up 100% of the time and also increases the procs of VMS due to 20% aspd.

^_^WELCOME TO MY SLAMMER BOMB BUILD GUIDE ^_^

First of all I did not invent CoC Molten strike/Groundslam because the setup existed like since 2013. Why is it not popular? because of the fact that it is really a pain in the ass to make it work, especially the single target part of the build but with the availability of scolds bridle + chill of corruption jewel + vaal molten shell this is not a problem anymore. Finally, the leveling part sucks and I don't recommend this as your first character cause with CoC GS the level of gems really means a lot to us specifically multistrike, inc. aoe, shock/ice nova and cascade. Since in the 1st place AoE skills is OP for clear but kinda lack damage for single target so a high level(19-20 lvl gems) really matters a lot.

The target players of the build is for those people who are tired of playing the common CoC discharge or barrage but like to play a different setup with similar clear speed and a higher survivability for a COC character.

PASSIVE TREE

NOTE: The new passive tree really depends on the user actually. I specced out acro before for an extra jewel slot + a granite flask/ rumi's. Its up to you if want to spec into it especially if your having problems with always uptiming your granite flask and dont have enough EVASION on gear, then I highly suggest you spec into acrobatics. In this tree you fill out the templar celestial areas LAST.

END GAME PASSIVE TREE ( if you have GG life crit aspd jewel + Acrobatics + Inspired Learning Jewel is placed at the jewel slot near HeartSeeker Crit node )

NOTE: What I mean by "END GAME" is that you are already lvl 89+ and I expect that you already filled most of the life nodes and more importantly you already crafted nice jewels with crit,crit multi,aspd,life. The end game passive is simple. You just take out the templar celestial triangle and spec it into jewels slots, if you have already crafted a nice one that is, to compensate for the lack of the damage given by the celestial area. This tree uses Inspired learning jewel its up to you which cluster node you want to take if you go with the Survivability node its only worth it if your struggling with resist and using a Taste Of Hate cause that adds 1% maximum cold res which will be converted to an additional phys mitigation and another situation where you use Survivability cluster if you use a Vagan Sceptre where in Acuity Cluster will deem useless.

PASSIVES DISCUSSION

Spoiler

Mandatory passives nodes to make the build work :

Crit nodes - Assasination, True strike , Twin Terrors

Area nodes - scion starting area nodes and Templar Amplify nodes ( we need as much AoE as we can so our groundslam can cover a large area = more enemies hit = more procs from spells, in an optimal way that is, so dont ever get greedy making your AoE so huge that your willing to spec into the Witch area nodes which in turn lead to lack of evasion and life. If you want more AoE w/o compensating a lot of survivability is getting a corrupted belt with 6% AoE.

Acrobatics - Acrobatics alone(w/o phase and dodge nodes before it) is enough for mapping. But if you plan to farm atziri having phase acro + atziri step is kinda nice to be more safe.

Heart of Oak - OP OP node dont ever think not getting it, 30% chance to avoid stun saved me a lot of times.

Profane Chemistry- This node is OP OP. At first it looks like its not but I tried the build with and without. And it really is so f*****n helpful like whenever we take a high burst damage? We can instantly refill our life pool with just one click. So I highly suggest this node especially since we're an evasion character.

Ranger starting evasion/life nodes - It is a must that u get this. Amongst all the life nodes in our tree, this is the most important part cause we got a lot of survivability from this area.

Reflexes + Sentinel evasion nodes - It is a must for survivability

Vaal pact - 100% mandatory if you have already a scolds bridle + vaal molten shell setup. You will insta die to reflect if you dont have this node.

Optional Nodes

Druidic Rite - This passive is kinda an alternative its not mandatory. But if you have a belt with 20% flask charges gained? Then I suggest you get this passive. Imagine having 40% flask charges gained( 60% if you have primal spirit node) its like having a "The Magnate Unique Belt" with life and resist, how OP is that lol :)

Primal Spirit - You only spec into this node if your having problems with INT .

Celestial Punishment/Judgment - If you dont have a decent sceptre , GG lfie crit aspd jewels and a Scolds Bridle then I highly suggest that you pick up this node cause it really helps a lot in our single target issues.

BANDITS : Oak, Kaitryn, Alira

CHANGE LOG

Spoiler
August 05 - Change my auras to HoT - CoH - Assasins Mark ( because of mana issues and removal of thornflesh ) basically dont need purity of lightning anymore for reflect. Although with this setup you have to be careful with 6 man party rare reflect cause HoT Assasins Mark can override your CWDT warlords mark in some cases but overall its still safe

August 09 - Removed vaal pact due to having problems with facing high life bosses w/o life regen but still safe to reflect due to CWDT warlords + high life + flask.

- Testing the build w/o acrobatics

- Removed the vengeance setup replaced with lvl 10 CWDT + lvl 16 Molten Shell
August 10 - Change the passive tree to a more end game viable(80-82 maps) version

August 12 - Testing again the build w/ acrobatics in 81 maps

August 26 - Used scolds bridle + chill of corruption jewel + vaal molten shell for insane DPS for single/multiple targets and reliable life leech.

- Will still test if herald of ice + ice bite is worth the gem slot.

VIDEOS

Spoiler

PRE - SLAMMER BOMB VIDEOS

75 Canyon - https://youtu.be/gVpzdf7jzw4 (In the video tried not using PoL and instead used HoT)

77 Volcano - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zixWlDsrSAk&feature=youtu.be (ENFEEBLE,extra damage etc.)

77 palteau - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a0DhzDjAKM ( 1080p60 quality + TABULA VERSION of the build)

78 crema - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STb9TtNCnR4&feature=youtu.be

81 Palace 150% quant 71% turbo dominus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6z118zizZw&feature=youtu.be ( I opted to use GS for single target eventhough it sucks hell cause the mod is too dangerous to face roll with molten strike at the 1st stage of dominus)

ATZIRI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ6XFJ_V3JM

LATEST SLAMMER BOMB VIDEO

77 plateau vulneb crit multi devorer map - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtL4c9IiZKU&feature=youtu.be

76 Gorge - https://youtu.be/b8YXr09b8NI

76 Gorge w/ Inspired Learning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLPuLaRRGDw

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

Spoiler
(+)

-High Life for a cast on crit build

-Clear speed can evenly match CoC discharge with the advantage of not going full melee.

-Damage in a 6 man high level map party is decent, cause we utilize Large AoE Rallying Cry, even w/o maligaro's & rat's nest and damage nodes from the tree.

-The build is somewhat budget cause you can make it work with only a tabula rasa and CoC Sceptres are cheap as hell( although crit daggers atm are expensive but u can use divinarius for a more budget version)

-Not affected by the shotgun nerf cause for single targets we use Molten Strike + GC + Flame Surge + Conc effect

-Not that vulnerable to ele reflect because of how ground slam CoC mechanics work unlike CoC barrage.
(-)

-Single target can be a problem when your gem levels are still low esp. flame surge + glacial cascade and conc effect so I highly suggest you level them early

-Mana is a problem without a +2 mana gain on hit jewel and a hollowed hybrid flask( but no mana problems encountered if u use elreon rings which I kinda dont like cause its hard to regal life on it)

-Like any CoC builds the fps drop in parties is noticeable but its more party friendly atm cause of the new performance changes in 2.0

-Amongst all the CoC builds this build is the hardest to level and make it work cause every gem level really means a lot to us ( particularly mulstistrike, increase AoE Gem , Conc effect ) and the neccessary AoE ( starting Scion and Amplify Templar nodes)

CLASS

Spoiler
There is only one class that I HIGHLY recommend which will make the build really 100% work and that is the SCION CLASS. Why? Simply because we are able to utilize the starting area of effect nodes and attack speed nodes(very important cause the build uses multistrike). Lastly the Scion class gets a lot of jewel slots which the build gets life and crit chance from. In the build I chose not to get the power charges from the tree cause its inefficient anymore. Spending like 2 - 3 pts just to get that 50% global crit when it should have been spent on life nodes(10-15%) or a jewel slot( LIFE CRIT ASPD etc).

So if you ask me if its playable with shadow or templar? The answer is no for many reasons :

a.) Shadow/Templar starting nodes dont have attack speed nodes which is really critical for ground slam cause we use multistrike and we dont want a coffee break duration while slamming things

b.) We dont need elemental/spell damage nodes because the build deals a lot of damage already( like Raizqt said attack speed is "KING"

c.) The build doesnt utilize power charges from the tree so we use 5-6 jewel slots to make up for that, which is easily achieved with scion..

d.) We dont have the necessary starting AoE nodes so if your templar/shadow what you will do to compensate is go the Witch area nodes which is not optimal anymore. And many more.

FLASK SETUP

Spoiler

WARBANDS GEAR

Spoiler
I have yet to color my atziri's step and sceptre no chromes atm lol

GEAR CHOICES

Spoiler
Helm:
Starkonja's Helm is a nice option because of the high life it has and crit and aspd. The 50% global evasion is really noticeable whenever we take spike damage like leapers and rhoas and since Cast When Damage Taken Immortal Call setup was nerfed, having Starkonja's really helps from preventing us to drop our life pool easily. 50% global evasion also helps a lot even with reflect especially with our setup where we dont use life leech gem. You can also use Rat's Nest in exchange of survivability for more dps.

But in the end. What you want is a scolds bridle because it fills the weaknesses of the build such as the single target part and no life leech gem on our main setup. Vaal molten shell is really OP when it comes to killing high HP mobs and it also increasing our survivability because we socket a life leech gem on our VMS setup.

Chest:
I highly recommend using Carcass Jack, But the build will work perfectly fine with any 6L rare chest or a tabula (i leveled until 91 using a tabula till I can afford a 6L carcass). I do not recommend using a 5L chest(unless its a carcass jack and ur using scolds already) cause the Inc. Area Gem is almost mandatory to make the build work. For Hardcore a 6L Lightning coil or 6L a high armor life chest (prefereably Saintly chainmail cause its armor/es no problem in chroming it) is mandatory for survivability.

Gloves:
For our gloves we use rare with accuracy, high life, resist or attack speed. You can use Maligaro's Gloves. If your using a Scold's Bridle already we use this slot fill our resists and get tons of evasion.

Boots:
high life, resist and movement speed. Atziri's Step is also a nice choice if your resist can afford it. IF your using scolds atziri's step is the way to go cause it counteracts the lack of evasion and life of scolds in our helm slot.

Amulet:
A high life, crit chance and crit multiplier, accuracy is enough.

Rings:
A high life diamond ring is nice but if you cant find one, any ring with high life, decent resist and accuracy will do. Again we prioritize life in the build since we lack defensive auras. 20% evasion from Elreon is a bonus. You can also opt to use elreon rings if u can craft a decent one.

Belt :
High Life and Resist. I highly recommend rolling a reduced flask charges used/ increase flask charges gained mod so we can easily keep our flasks up almost 100% of the time.

Weapons:
Ground Slam uses our main hand so we utilize sceptres prefereably crystal sceptres because it has the highest base crit. But a karui sceptre or any sceptre with decent attack speed and crit chance will do (aspd= 1.4 / crit 8.9). You can even use a Vagan sceptre if you are able to craft a decent one. priority of stats we need: Crit chance > attack speed > flat elemental damage = spell damage > spell crit/crit multi

For our offhand a rare fiend/demon dagger or kris dagger will do with flat ele damage, spell damage, spell crit, crit multi.I opted to use daggers cause the build stuggles with single target w/ ground slam so we need lots of crit and crit multi but if you have an insane spell damage/crit shield/high life you can use it. For a more budget version u can opt to use a vagan sceptre. Another option if u cant afford an expensive dagger is Divinarius, my only issue with divinarius besides having only 40% global crit is it has no crit multiplier which is really helpful in freezing/shocking mobs. Another BIG note is if you dont have a Scolds bridle? You will have a hard time bursting high HP mobs so you will switch to molten strike. Dual wielding with molten strike will lead to alternate use of weapons so a vagan dagger will also help in this situations.

JEWELS

Spoiler

For our jewels we want CRIT( melee/1hand/global crit), ASPD(mace,dual wield,onehand),LIFE/EVASION.

If you have the chill of corruption in your hands and do not have a scolds yet. You can use vaal haste/grace for dps and survivability or vaal lightning trap for single target.

If your having problems with int you can use the new unique jewels like http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fertile_Mind and http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brute_Force_Solution

GEMS

Spoiler
4L : Cast on Crit - Ground Slam - Shock Nova - Glacial Cascade
5L : Cast on Crit - Ground Slam - Shock Nova - Glacial Cascade - Multistrike
6L : Cast on Crit - Ground Slam - Shock Nova - Glacial Cascade - Multistrike - Increase AoE or PCoC if your running immune to curses map mod

*For tanky bosses we replace ground slam with molten strike, shock nova/ice nova with flame surge , increase aoe with conc effect. For easy map bosses just use molten strike and your good. If you have scolds bridle you can use groundslam and faceroll.

4L : CWDT + Warlords mark + Arctic armor + Summon Ice golem

* this setup is used for reflect purposes

4L : Vaal molten shell - life leech - spell echo - increase duration

*This setup is what I used for mapping. For atziri my links are VMS - LL/Fire Pen - Spell echo - Conc Effect. Out of the three the most important is SPELL ECHO

4L : Herald of thunder - Blood Rage - Curse on Hit - Assasins mark

*Its up to you if u want to use blood rage but always remember that you only sustain it with a life or hybrid flask.

3L : Herald of Ice + Innervate + Culling Strike( for DPS and Movespeed)

3L : Leap Slam/Whirling Blade - fortify - faster attacks/vaal haste

* I always use my quicksilver flask for mobility and only use leapslam for fortify so i opted not to use blood magic gem.

SKILL GEM DISCUSSIONS

Spoiler
a.) Ball Lightning - the skill is nice cause it also scales AoE my only issue is I literally can take a cofee break before the balls hit the enemy while our 2nd spell(shock nova) is instant and kills very fast

b.) Magma Orb - same reasoning as ball lightning but this time I can take a cigarette break before the bouncing balls hit the enemies.

c.) Fire Storm - In 2.0 they buffed the damage of firestorm so its also nice but the thing is, although the damage is high it is f***n random and mostly i play in 6 man groups which is an issue because of the insane fps drop.

d.) Arc - not AoE

e.) Flame Surge - For map clearing it is insanely awful cause of the length of the skill eventhough they buffed its width. We only replace shock nova with flame surge in facing high level bosses or rares.

f.)Ice nova + Shock Nova combo - Although the skill effect is nice, it is really a bad idea cause what AoE skills lack is the single target damage(expecpt if u put in conc). So when clearing maps with this combo you'll be having a hard time burstng down exiles and high HP rares.

g.)Cyclone as a trigger gem - Really not a fun of cyclone cause when I was still in HC its really suicide if u go melee range and some instance of RNG you did not crit then death will follow unlike groundslam I dont have to go full melee range to get the job done especially now that the monster damage is buffed. Lastly, really not a fun of the common barrage/cyclone CoC in the first place.

h.) ICE NOVA/SHOCK NOVA + GLACIAL CASCADE - In the end game you want to use ice nova over shock nova cause you get to shatter a lot with this combo compared to shock nova + cascade. We want more shattering so we can refill our vaals souls to use vaal molten shell almost all of the time through the chill of corruption jewel. A big note if you dont have enough flat lightning damage to spell or crit multi I suggest use Shock nova instead of ice nova for now because if you use ice nova you will be having a hard time shocking things.

LEVELING

Spoiler
At the moment nothing can beat the trap + fire storm + trap and mine damage + flame totem in a +1 fire sceptre combo when it comes to speed leveling. I picked up trap damage nodes around the scion and shadow area while leveling then specced them out at around 65-70 when I mostly picked up the necessary crit nodes such as TWIN TERRORS,ASSASINATION and TRUE STRIKE. Using a tabula rasa is also a smart choice as a leveling tool.

Helpful uniques :
a.) Mokous Embrace unique two stone ring - for the chance to ignite
b.) Cloak of Flame - for defense and ignite duration
c.) Dual Lifesprig - most optimal leveling wands +1 gems and spell damage
d.) Perandus Signet paua ring - for the mana regen and % exp

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler
How do you deal with reflect? There's no life leech gem on your main set up?

- Pre Patch this is my main issue when I started the build. Back in the days my solution is proper flask management + CWDT linked to warlords mark + Herald of ice linked with life leech gem + vaal pact. But not until now that reflect was toned down, the new leech mechanics( read about it if your not updated), HoI is not anymore reflectable and the introduction of jewels and fortify), I am confident know that CoC groundslam/molten strike can handle reflect pretty easily(see my video in canyon if your curious how the build handles thornflesh). Besides having life leech gem in your main setup is not optimal anymore when facing bosses or single rares/exiles cause of the new leech mechanics so I'd rather use multistrike. In a hardcore setting I highly suggest getting atziri's step + speccing to phase acro for more reflect mitigation as well as speccing out the Templar Celestial Triangle area nodes then spec more into life and jewel sockets(for more life). Lastly, in high level maps such as lvl 81-82 you have to be careful with thornflesh(suck as golem thornflesh) especially in a 6 man party. At the moment I have not done a single 81-82 map and cannot answer if the builds reflect mitigation is enough at these levels. I'll post a video if I get a lucky 80-82 map drop.

Whats the mechanics behind ground slam as your main trigger gem?

- The answer is here in this link http://wiki.garena.ru/poe/Cast_On_Critical_Strike

Whats the total dps of the build?

- For now I cannot answer because its really hard to calculate the deeps of CoC charcaters. Like you have to take in to account the non crit and crit procs of the spells which is kinda dependent on how much crit multi the OP has, w/ and w/o rallying cry, w/ and w/o curses and etc etc. And I dont want to calculate and assume stuffs which can mislead a lot of people.

Why dont we utilize dual curse? Like using windscream boots or deodre's ring or speccing into whispers of doom?

- In this build life is our priority and using windscream and deodre's ring is never an option. Whispers of doom is too far away from the tree. I'd rather spend the pts on jewel slots for life and crit.

Can I use doryani's invitation belt for more damage and leech?

- With the new leech nerf it is NOT worth it anymore to use doryani's belt. A high life, decent resist and flask mods leather belt will easily outclass it.

Help! I dont have any decent crit sceptre or dagger or even a crit aspd life jewel.

- For now try to get the power charges to compensate for the lack of gear. Then respec them later.

Help! I am having problems with survivability!

- Then I highly suggest that you spec into acrobatics since its only 2 pts away especially if you dont like always uptiming your granite flask.

Help! I'm having problems with capping my resist ?

- For now you can spec into the starting resist scion node and take the jewel slot. Then respec them out if you have upgraded your gear

* Make sure to try to read the CHANGE LOG for updates of the build. Thank you !
Thank you very much! You can message me in game for more questions IGN : PathOfFortify
Last edited by tacata69 on Sep 20, 2015, 4:39:32 PM
Reserved

Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 31, 2015, 4:13:04 AM
Added Charcater offensive stats and defensive stats
Awsome :) thanks man u finaly made the guide <3
IGN : Sir_Big
Tang ina mo buhay kapa!! hahahaha

Yeah crit abuse is very real hahaha
I secretly dream about being able to do this build one day, but yeah fck low FPS! hahaha
Goodluck ~ GG build HYYYPPPUUU!
this is OP OP.. its like your with a sweeper..
it sweeps everything it hits...

area effect it good
shock is good
crit abuse OP OP OP
10/10 build to watch out :D

very very nice

COC STILL NOT DEAD =))
COC LOVERS this is a MUST TRY build.
Last edited by c8beaefc4c on Jul 31, 2015, 11:36:25 AM
Best CoC GS version I've ever seen. props to you.
Awesome build, massive AOE clear speed! I have a CoC Groundslam build in 1.3 but uses Glacial Cascade and Arc to shock mobs. The buff to Shock Nova in 2.0 make it a better choice to replace Arc and works well with Glacial Cascade for massive AOE.
PHP Guild - Philippines
Last edited by obz on Aug 1, 2015, 6:21:55 AM
up OP build love mapping with you :D great guide people should defiantly try this it looks fun and clear speed is crazy fast in 79 maps
Last edited by lLikeslashn on Aug 1, 2015, 6:24:19 PM
One of the best CoC builds I've seen to date and that clear speed is sick! Would love to make something similar to this one. Great 6L Carcass Jack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info