[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

Can someone explain to me why those gems need to be exactly those lvls ? "Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 13), Immortal Call (lvl 15), Molten Shell (lvl 17)"
"

Can someone explain to me why those gems need to be exactly those lvls ? "Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 13), Immortal Call (lvl 15), Molten Shell (lvl 17)"

I'm very new but I've run into this issue. CWDT can only support gems that require certain lvls, depending on the level of the CWDT gem itself. Check the wiki.

For example, a lvl 13 CWDT can only support a gem which requires lvl 62 or lower.
Then couldn't I just level up all of those 3 gems at the same time ?
"
Uburo wrote:
Then couldn't I just level up all of those 3 gems at the same time ?

yes, but the dex and int requirements it what dont let you do that
Rallying Cry doesn't work with CWDT, which skill should I use instead of this? Is punishment ok?
What would you change in my eq?

Last edited by SKDW8228 on Jan 26, 2017, 12:24:11 PM
Hi Lifting
Have fun with the build thanks, so nice to blend through enerything :D (and the unique mentioned for leveling are worth the money - so good dmg input)

Don't get Molten Shell to cast when hit, but I think too high level Vs my CWDT (had it far earlier as drop)
Also, you did not mention Rallying Cry should be lvl 9 max, to be casted with CWDT lvl 1 (Aura & Golem gem setup) - thus mine not casting, will need to buy new one :(

I did not get why you went Hatred (cold dmg) instead Anger (fire dmg) - as you get Added Fire Dmg
For the ones asking, checking wiki will show Hatred is a %dmg added, Anger is a flat dmg added, giving overall better results

What I still don't understand
Why is Blood Rage not linked to a CWDT ?
Also, how Vaal Haste work, and why 2 of them ?

Thanks

PS : pretty new here, so not understanding all gems mechanics yet

Edit : Rallying Cry is a Warcry, not a spell, so cannot be triggerred by CWDT, forget my question
So I will move Blood Rage instead of Rallying Cry on my gem link, hope to get it triggerred
Oh!, and get a Life Leech scaling on 2nd weapon, for Bosses purpose

Vaal Hast is still an open question to me :)
Last edited by Pimousse on Jan 26, 2017, 11:36:07 AM
"
Pimousse wrote:
Hi Lifting
Have fun with the build thanks, so nice to blend through enerything :D (and the unique mentioned for leveling are worth the money - so good dmg input)

Don't get Molten Shell to cast when hit, but I think too high level Vs my CWDT (had it far earlier as drop)
Also, you did not mention Rallying Cry should be lvl 9 max, to be casted with CWDT lvl 1 (Aura & Golem gem setup) - thus mine not casting, will need to buy new one :(

I did not get why you went Hatred (cold dmg) instead Anger (fire dmg) - as you get Added Fire Dmg
For the ones asking, checking wiki will show Hatred is a %dmg added, Anger is a flat dmg added, giving overall better results

What I still don't understand
Why is Blood Rage not linked to a CWDT ?
Also, how Vaal Haste work, and why 2 of them ?

Thanks

PS : pretty new here, so not understanding all gems mechanics yet

Edit : Rallying Cry is a Warcry, not a spell, so cannot be triggerred by CWDT, forget my question
So I will move Blood Rage instead of Rallying Cry on my gem link, hope to get it triggerred
Oh!, and get a Life Leech scaling on 2nd weapon, for Bosses purpose

Vaal Hast is still an open question to me :)

You use 2x Vaal Haste because you need collect amountof souls to use it, so if you're going to kill the boss it's better to have 2x buff from Vaal Haste.
"
Demogarose wrote:
Hi, just started playing today and had a question about this build:

You can't get Cyclone until Act 3, so what skill do you recommend using until then? I tried Molten Strike and hated it, the randomness of the fireballs irks me (they never go where you need them to)

Could Cleave work until i get Cyclone?

Use ground slam until you get to level 12, then switch to sunder asap. Sunder makes everything easier.
Any thoughts about using The brass dome and Starforge? I know these are pricey but Im interested in the shocking mechanic adding amazing dps
I dunno what is wrong, I literally have exactly what you recommend in the guide, but I can't seem to stay alive. I have all the uniques and even better rares than you have listen in your gear. What am I doing wrong? I even have the levels staggered correctly on the skill gems. Was there a nerf?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info