[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

@codeman73

LNB usually lists gems and things like this in order of most > least important. So I would generally prioritize those gems in the order listed. However if you are doing easier content like just running Dried Lake, you won't need Life Gain on Hit so I would use the Added Fire Damage, for example. Or if running a boss, swap the Life Gain on Hit for Life Leech as you'll get more out of it single target. This is at least how I think about it, someone can correct me if I am mistaken here.

Question of my own....

Is there any real use for having more than one 5/6 link in this build? I am looking at getting a 5link Belly of the Beast and just a 4link Kitava's Feast, as the extra cost for more links doesn't seem worth it. 85% of mana is already reserved and self + enemy aura limit is reached. I can't think of anything that would work well and be worth the extra cost.

Thanks.
Hi, just started playing today and had a question about this build:

You can't get Cyclone until Act 3, so what skill do you recommend using until then? I tried Molten Strike and hated it, the randomness of the fireballs irks me (they never go where you need them to)

Could Cleave work until i get Cyclone?
In your older video you broke down the different pieces (WPN/CHEST/GLOVES etc) with the gem set up for each piece. Is this no longer so important now because I notice your updated builds don't break it down like that.

Im still a beginner so trying to work out what kind of gear to look for as I play my low level Marauder.

Thanks though for the awesome vids and info.
I leveled to 28 with ground slam. I think there are better skills to level with, but I just started this build (1 day, 1 hour of played), and I am level 67, and close to finishing merciless.

I do have a question though. The build has an addition frenzy charge built into the passives. I don't seem to generate frenzy charges?

Edit: Just to touch on how great this build is, I am relative noob to this game, and I have only died 9 times so far. Most of those were due to getting stuck on something. The build relies heavily on life on hit it seems. I'm blowing through content, breaches are pie. Once I'm doe with act 3 in merciless, i am going for my merciless lab.

Edit#2: I am now level 80 (1 day 20 hours). I tried getting a higher dps ax (600dps), but I saw no noticeable increase in DPS, and it required i remove a gem and use blood magic. Not sure if is possible without blood magic. What really shined was the lab buff for 40% cyclone damage on my helm. While the build doesn't cost much in the beginning, I think you will be spending a lot getting the damage up. The 40% cyclone helm cost me 3.5 exalt. I'm up to a little over 50k cyclone dps showing on the tooltip. Can't wait to try Atziri.
Last edited by FurianXO on Jan 8, 2017, 4:41:38 PM
"
FurianXO wrote:
I leveled to 28 with ground slam. I think there are better skills to level with, but I just started this build (1 day, 1 hour of played), and I am level 67, and close to finishing merciless.

I do have a question though. The build has an addition frenzy charge built into the passives. I don't seem to generate frenzy charges?

Edit: Just to touch on how great this build is, I am relative noob to this game, and I have only died 9 times so far. Most of those were due to getting stuck on something. The build relies heavily on life on hit it seems. I'm blowing through content, breaches are pie. Once I'm doe with act 3 in merciless, i am going for my merciless lab.

Edit#2: I am now level 80 (1 day 20 hours). I tried getting a higher dps ax (600dps), but I saw no noticeable increase in DPS, and it required i remove a gem and use blood magic. Not sure if is possible without blood magic. What really shined was the lab buff for 40% cyclone damage on my helm. While the build doesn't cost much in the beginning, I think you will be spending a lot getting the damage up. The 40% cyclone helm cost me 3.5 exalt. I'm up to a little over 50k cyclone dps showing on the tooltip. Can't wait to try Atziri.

how much dps did that helm add to you? Well you dont need to be super tanky, but if you only have 50k cyclone then atziri will be difficult.

It takes a lot to kill healing mobs in healing phase and.. it takes a lot longer to kill her with 50k dps and she does ton of damage..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
webas wrote:

how much dps did that helm add to you? Well you dont need to be super tanky, but if you only have 50k cyclone then atziri will be difficult.

It takes a lot to kill healing mobs in healing phase and.. it takes a lot longer to kill her with 50k dps and she does ton of damage..

It added about 10k dps. I tried her today and I failed. Just not sure how I can get much more DPS, and keep blood magic. I'm a noob though, so I guess I'll figure it out eventually!
THIS BUILD ROCKS! now i struggle on that point about 13-14 tier. and i think that is not viable for over tier 15, sadly.

this is what i wear :

maybe i will upgrade to this one

any advices?
Last edited by MoroFSKY on Jan 12, 2017, 4:22:12 AM
Hello,I decided to try this build this league and since im not an expert,I came here for help.And even thou I struggle with tier 10's,sometimes even lower tiers can cause me problems.So what should I change/add or do in general to improve?
Is there a recommendation on what flasks to get on quest rewards? I still hardly use them, besides healing and the one that makes you move faster, but that hardly lasts long enough to be useful. Still figuring out all their effects.
Yo LiftingNerdBro, I have been struggling since getting to maps with bosses. I am lv 78, at max res, -19% chaos res, 4250 hp, and am having to use blood magic in a 5L instead of LOH. What is my main problem here that I need to fix?? Common monsters are easily destroyed by my 17k dmg, but cant seem to tank the boss.
Also, thanks for making the guide, love the build, just frustrated with bosses and lag...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info