[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

This is easily the best video build guide I have seen since I started playing PoE in 2012. So accessible and concrete. Great production values, great attitude. Pure joy to watch.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Nice guide, thanks.
Last edited by carizcoiso on Dec 7, 2015, 3:07:23 PM
Revisiting cyclone and I'm curious if going duelist is a bad move over marauder. You say you can play either or with this build, but duelist takes a big hit to armor and life compared to marauder, and I can't see anywhere to throw the spare skill point to try and help alleviate that.

I have thought about ditching some of the jewel slots and taking the life/armor nodes at the start of marauder.
Well, I started this build after accidentally deleted my main, Along with a Triple leg Aegis shield of a friends. I ventured out to look for a build that would farm put high level maps with ease, I finally settled on this build and boy let me tell you, It was the best choice of my POE life. Within 2 weeks, i easily got this build to level 88, And beat Atziri on my second try, The first try was due to that being my first run at her period. I can face tank pretty much everything without worrying. Great build OP. 10/10, Would do again.
Hi Exiles. Right now i started act 2 on merciless on HC (61 level) but smth seems wrong - probably i havent enough defence, cause dps looks great. Can u tell me where are my weak points, maybe u can recommend some items to buy?

My stats:
Life 2.5k
Armour 3.2k
Fire/cold/light res 84/78/93
Chaos res -60!!!
Dps from cyclone 6.4k

My gear
Spoiler

Foget about chaos res.
Get +life on every single item, 2.5k hp on merci is pretty much death sentence for melee.
Hi LNB,

Really enjoyed the build so far. Thanks for it!

Weirdly, the build was doing extremely fine for in merciless, right up to running maps up to 70. I am now running 72 maps, and my build seems to have dropped off the grid completely. From being able to play one hand with minimum flasks, now i have multiple deaths in a map, or i spam flasks to stay alive.

I am aware that i am lacking a nice weapon, but that will have to wait. Survivability improved slightly when i swapped my fortify for Life gain on hit, but DPS dropped a fair bit.

Here is my gear and stats.

Resists are at Fire 76, Cold 75, Lightning 70, Chaos 44.

When determination and wrath are up, my armour is roughly 7836 for 49% damage reduction. Damage at tooltip without any buffs or charges are at 8,491.3.

Life regen is at 299.6 per second.

Life is at 4.9k.

What am i lacking? Passive tree is as follows:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwEswUtB3UJlgthE0wTyRQgFHEX4Ro4Gj4hVSb4JyAnLykuLPswdzWSOQ48BT38QKBDMUd-TjJQR1hjWfNZ_loaXhNfP2EhZFJlTWWnaPJyqXTtdqx343gNeWh673uMfLh82YIHhNmE74VSh2qKIozPkFWQbJd5ogCi6qknqW6plKyqrY2uUK9stfK9Nr6nwBrAZsCmwQTBo8MzxPbGrsbYz37Yvdlh2Xzawdw94mHkUeoY6wnvDu988B_yQfZI9zL46_5r?accountName=mercur1al&characterName=Depay
Last edited by mercur1al on Sep 8, 2015, 5:57:27 AM
"
Rillas1990 wrote:
Hi Exiles. Right now i started act 2 on merciless on HC (61 level) but smth seems wrong - probably i havent enough defence, cause dps looks great. Can u tell me where are my weak points, maybe u can recommend some items to buy?

My stats:
Life 2.5k
Armour 3.2k
Fire/cold/light res 84/78/93
Chaos res -60!!!
Dps from cyclone 6.4k

I am at prtty much the exactly stage your are with this build. Your res is much better than mine but your life is way too low IMO. I have almost 4k.

My Gear
Spoiler

The Belly of the beast was a huge hike in HP. How did you get on with Malachai Cruel with that life? that seems pretty scary to me.
Last edited by 334433 on Sep 8, 2015, 6:42:16 AM
At first, RIP. I made 71 lvl (also increased hp up to 4.1k, def to 5k, ress on caps) but i died becouse rare strongbox -,-.

About malachai, i dont even used teleport. For him (and other hard bosses) i change melee phys dmg for life gain on hit. The only 1 problem on malachai for me was Hearts Of Beast, becouse its easy to interupt cyclone trying kill this crap.

I made also dominus on merci solo without problems. This build rocks, but... Dat strongbox.

Now im thinking about starting again with this build or looking for other tanky beginner build, any suggestions?
Last edited by Rillas1990 on Sep 8, 2015, 6:15:48 PM
Hey. First, thank you a lot for the build. It's awesome.
I leveled it up to 88 atm.

There is something i found to rly help my lategame survavibility without lowering my damages.
The problem i found with the gems setup (someone already mentionned it earlier in the post) was that the endurence charges were inconsistant.
Most of the time i ended up with 1-2 charges if not 0, cause it was tedious to leap slam every 5s, everytime immortal call proc. Leapslamming 6 times in a pack is realy not a good thing to do lategame.
So i thought about a single change that improve the setup a lot imo.

One single change, but doing a LOT, i replaced endurance charge on melee stun by lvl20/20% enduring cry (not too expensive on xyz). So now, i leap slam in a group of enemies, enduring cry. I immediately gain 5/6 chages. Then, everytime immortal call proc, i just enduring cry again.

This way i'm constantly at 6 charges, and take absolutely no physical dmg. I think this change is mandatory if you want lvl76+ maps or atziri without dying a lot.

Tell me what do you think about it. It's an easy change to make and to try. And you'll see what it brings to the table.

ps: stun (in leapslam setup) is no longer required with this, can be replaced with vaal haste on a 5link. Can still be nice to stun tho.
Last edited by X_katan_X on Sep 11, 2015, 8:30:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info