[2.1] Qwark's HC viable Glacial Cascade build, cheap and tanky

Doesn't look like you actually pick up any frenzy charges in the last build, what's up with that? Link broken?
"
Grum wrote:
Doesn't look like you actually pick up any frenzy charges in the last build, what's up with that? Link broken?

I'm revising and updating the thread right now, had put up the wrong build.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Sep 20, 2015, 3:23:52 PM
I don't understad why your second tree gets acrobatics and phase acrobatics and still get's 93% es, seems inefficient (50% less) could you explain?

Edit: Just looked at the tree and it kind of makes sense now. But I would personally definitely drop the melding wheel and pick up the 2x 2 point jewels in the witch area or/and the one in the templar area. The power charge in the templar area is also only 2 points.
Last edited by JuicedG on Sep 22, 2015, 3:54:57 PM
"
JuicedG wrote:
I don't understad why your second tree gets acrobatics and phase acrobatics and still get's 93% es, seems inefficient (50% less) could you explain?

Because the nodes are hybrid life/es and very close to the nodes you're building up to and make it easier to stack life in the early game.

But you should respec Melding into Herbalism near acro for the 5% extra life and flask buffs, thanks for the catch. The other life/es cluster is life right next to crit which is always good and mandatory in any shadow/witch crit build IMO.

Edit: 2 points for a power charge isn't that appealing IMO, 4% spell damage and 50% crit chance pales in comparison to a half decent jewel.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Sep 22, 2015, 3:48:02 PM
"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
JuicedG wrote:

Because the nodes are hybrid life/es and very close to the nodes you're building up to and make it easier to stack life in the early game.

But you should respec Melding into Herbalism near acro for the 5% extra life and flask buffs, thanks for the catch. The other life/es cluster is life right next to crit which is always good and mandatory in any shadow/witch crit build IMO.

Edit: 2 points for a power charge isn't that appealing IMO, 4% spell damage and 50% crit chance pales in comparison to a half decent jewel.

Yeah I guess the PC is personal preference, since you have some points left over if you get high level you can always get it. And your right for more defence herbalism would be nice as well, definitely if you're on a budget. I guess I really like jewels;p

Also, in the tree you have posted you take acrobatics but not phase acrobatics. I feel like if you take one you kind of have to take the other since you already have the ES and armor reduction. Why did you opt for only acrobatics?
Last edited by JuicedG on Sep 22, 2015, 3:57:31 PM
"
JuicedG wrote:

Edit: Just looked at the tree and it kind of makes sense now. But I would personally definitely drop the melding wheel and pick up the 2x 2 point jewels in the witch area or/and the one in the templar area. The power charge in the templar area is also only 2 points.

In the tree you have posted you take acrobatics but not phase acrobatics. I feel like if you take one you kind of have to take the other since you already have the ES and armor reduction. Why did you opt for only acrobatics?

My main reasoning is that 1 point automaticly gives you 30% dodge. 3 points for an extra 10% isn't great and 30% spell dodge for a 4 point investment total is kind of meh considering that you need high health in 2.0, especially as a caster who has 50% less ES.

The nodes near acro are already quite fitting, lots of life and crit multi while acro on its own is just a 1 point investment.

"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
JuicedG wrote:

In the tree you have posted you take acrobatics but not phase acrobatics. I feel like if you take one you kind of have to take the other since you already have the ES and armor reduction. Why did you opt for only acrobatics?

My main reasoning is that 1 point automaticly gives you 30% dodge. 3 points for an extra 10% isn't great and 30% spell dodge for a 4 point investment total is kind of meh considering that you need high health in 2.0, especially as a caster who has 50% less ES.

The nodes near acro are already quite fitting, lots of life and crit multi while acro on its own is just a 1 point investment.

Hmm, thinking about it I agree with you, I'd probably pick Herbalism or 2 jewel slots over the spell dodge as well.

But I think I would not go acrobatics and do it like this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswVCBx4I9A3RDkgRLRFQEZYWvxbzGjgbyBzcIG4i9CY8JpUnLylPLJwvnTLRNbk2PTpYOtg8BT1fQZZEq0VHRZ1JUUmxTLNQMFBCUlNTNVNSVUtVrlXGXfJfKmHiYqxjQ2SdZlRo8mpDa7dsC2yMbRlwUnDVfIOCEIKbg9uFe4V9idOMNo8aj6aP-pBVkyeVLpeVl_SaO5rgnaqf36EvogCiLqcrrrO-isBUwGbP3dAf0PXVptfP217fsOOE6-Tr7uv17DjtPO9874jv6_Af8NXxivId-Tc=

Jewels: Life + crit + spell dmg.
Last edited by JuicedG on Sep 22, 2015, 4:42:09 PM
"
JuicedG wrote:
"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
JuicedG wrote:

Hmm, thinking about it I agree with you, I'd probably pick Herbalism or 2 jewel slots over the spell dodge as well.

I think I would use something like this(spend more points than you did):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswVCBbUHHgj0DdEOSBEtEZYWvxo4G8gc3CBuIvQj9iT9JpUnLylPLJwwfDLRNj031DpYOtg8BT1fQZZEq0VHRZ1JUUyzTZJQMFBCUUdSU1M1U1JVS1WuVcZd8l8qYeJirGNDZJ1mVGpDa7dsC2yMbRlwUnDVfIOCEIKbg9uFe4V9idOMNo19jb-PGo-mj_qQVZMnlS6XlZf0mjua4J2qn9-hL6IAoi6us7TFvorAVMBmwuzP3dAf0PXUI9Wm217fsOOE51Tr5Ovu6_XsOO087T_vfO_r8B_w1fGK8h3_3g==

Jewels: Life + crit + spell dmg.

Something to note is that the 2 crit multi nodes next to the doom cast notable are far superior to just 20% crit chance, I just ran out of skill points. If you're playing the build higher than 85, be sure to grab them.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Sep 22, 2015, 4:41:41 PM
I can't make up my mind so many difficult choices, harder tree than I thought haha. But yes you're right I completely forgot about the crit multi nodes. I think I wouldn't play with acrobatics and I would pick power charges instead of frenzy charges. And than you can go either nimbleness or more ES in witch starting area, whatever you prefer. If you start doing a lot of damage than maybe mind drinker is also better than deep thoughts?

This maybe:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswVCBx4I9A3RDkgRLRFQEZYWvxbzGjgbyBzcIG4i9CY8JpUnLylPLJwvnTLRNbk2PTpYOtg8BT1fQZZEq0VHRZ1JUUmxTLNQMFBCUlNTNVNSVUtVrlXGXfJfKmHiYqxjQ2SdZlRo8mpDa7dsC2yMbRlwUnDVfIOCEIKbg9uFe4V9idOMNo8aj6aP-pBVkyeVLpeVl_SaO5rgnaqf36EvogCiLqcrrrO-isBUwGbP3dAf0PXVptfP217fsOOE6-Tr7uv17DjtPO9874jv6_Af8NXxivId-Tc=
Last edited by JuicedG on Sep 22, 2015, 4:54:28 PM
"
JuicedG wrote:
I can't make up my mind so many difficult choices. But yes you're right I completely forgot about the crit multi nodes. I think I wouldn't play with acrobatics and I would pick power charges instead of frenzy charges.

Agreed, I generally dislike acrobatics because of how easy it is to stack ES with shadow/witch crit builds. If you were to go acrobatics however I'd stick to frenzy charges because they double-dip in usefulness by smoothening the DPS difference between a crit and a non crit, I was disgusted by how low ball lightning's damage was when it didn't crit or hit a low lightning roll.

You also attack faster, resulting in more chances for a crit and finally you can use these 1c ( for some reason I don't even know ) gloves for a very easy DPS boost of a couple K.

Edit: 20% crit multi would be far better than some cast speed and a power charge, if you're playing a softcore league I'd keep the power charge, drop nimbleness and go for the multi nodes. In hardcore, I'd rather have the extra 20% life cluster that I may not need over a little bit more DPS since GC already does tons.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Sep 22, 2015, 5:00:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info