[2.1] Qwark's HC viable Glacial Cascade build, cheap and tanky

Welcome.

How does Glacial Cascade work?

Spoiler
Glacial Cascade is a large wave of icicles which consists of mini-waves, best described as circles. These circles are scaled via AOE and very often overlap, causing an enemy to be hit 2, 3 or even 4 times if they have a large enough hurtbox. This means that if you crit an enemy, you're more than likely to crit them twice or more, depending on the positioning of your GC.

The tooltip does not reflect the true DPS because it shows the amount of damage an enemy would take if they were hit by just one wave.

Hypothermia's release was a massive buff to the potential of GC because it gives a "more" damage multiplier when an enemy is chilled. As an example, imagine an enemy is about to be crit twice;

First he is frozen because of the inherent rule that critical hits apply their respective damaging element's status. Then he is crit again with 40% more damage, bosses often get hit 3 and up to 4 times.

LINKS

Spoiler
GLACIAL CASCADE - Faster Casting - Spell Echo - Increased AOE - Hypothermia - Crit Multi / Conc effect

DEFENSIVE LINKS

SUMMON CHAOS GOLEM

ENDURING CRY - Increased duration

AURAS AND BUFFS

HERALD OF THUNDER - Assassin's Mark - Curse on hit

DISCIPLINE

MOVEMENT SKILLS

WHIRLING BLADES - Faster Attacks - Fortify.

DEFENCES

Shield = 18% to 35% block

Fortify via whirling blades, your movement skill

Cloak of flame

Endurance charges

Arctic armour ( Optional )

Granite flask with % increased armour during flask effect

SKILLTREE

194% life + 3 jewel slots, can reach up to 5.5K or so HP

137% ES, can reach up to 3K or so ES.

Total EHP ranges from 7k min to 8.5K max

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMFQgceB2MI9A5IDlwQkhEtES8RlhXnFm8Wvxo4Gmwc3CBuIvQjNiSqJpUnLyoLKwosnDIyMtE2PTbpOlg62DwFPV9BlkVHRXxFfkWdSVFJsUyzUDBSU1MQU1JVS1XGXfJh4mKsZlRqQ2r6bAtsjG0ZcFJzs3yDf8aCm4PbhXuJ04w2jxqP-pBVkyeVLpeVl5eX9Jo7muCdqp_foS-iAK6ztUi5k7xvvOq-isBUwGbDCcu90B_Q9dWm18_Zhtte42rkIutj6-7r9ew47TzvfO-I7-vwH_Br8NXyHffB-Tc=

MY GEAR

Weapon of choice is a dagger. I sacrifice a bit of life and a noticeable chunk of block for dual daggers.

What you're looking for in a dagger is crit chance. Daggers are better for this type of build because of the 40-80% crit implicit coupled with high spell crit rolls which allow a dagger to easily go over 120% crit chance.

A good dagger will have at least 40% spell damage and 130% total crit chance. Cost ranges from 1c to 5 tops. Anything with the stats I wrote above priced above 5 is overpriced. Do not spend money on divinarius, it's not worth it whatsoever, even if you have a lot of currency.

Crit from tree = 305%

+ 250% from power charges

+ 10% flat from Assassin's Mark

+ 130/260 from average Dagger/s

= ~ 44/50.5

BANDIT REWARDS

Oak - Kill - Allira

DPS

Tooltip is inaccurate. Crits do much more than what is shown.

Can 1-2 shot statues in T10 maps @ 33K DPS if crit.

VIDEOS

Cleared considerably slower due to temporal chains + unlucky tempest spots near boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5yXiebNgFY

Need to update the videos for 2.1

Assassin ascendancy, crit per power charge node + more crit multi and chance vs full life enemies.

Last edited by Qwark28 on Mar 9, 2016, 7:37:38 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2016, 11:10:43 PM
Nobody is gonna be interested in this unless you do a video demonstration at least lol.
Bump.
bUMP
Do a map, don't just clear the aqueducts. The ability to clear packs is fine, of course, since it's glacial cascade. But do a map boss and see how long that takes.
"
Liquor wrote:
Do a map, don't just clear the aqueducts. The ability to clear packs is fine, of course, since it's glacial cascade. But do a map boss and see how long that takes.

Will do once I re-level. There's not much point, though. It's common knowledge of how strong glacial cascade is, especially in a 6L and with jewels, not to mention you'll change inc aoe for conc effect.

Major point of this build is that it's somewhat tanky and can handle 2.0 content damage output.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Jul 29, 2015, 5:31:13 AM
Any tips for leveling this? I was interested in a GC build and this looks pretty cool. I would be playing in Warbands but I prefer to be tanky.
I'm thinking about rolling with this build. What order did you get everything in the passive tree? Just curious. I'm playing Tempest.
Last edited by BigChillin on Jul 30, 2015, 7:41:10 PM
"
Glendoor wrote:
Any tips for leveling this? I was interested in a GC build and this looks pretty cool. I would be playing in Warbands but I prefer to be tanky.

Use flame totem + firetrap along with this tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUIRLUGWfIOus9D16-5MszLRl5UEB0VHUlOD2-vkwGY9X5f0VcZfKgSzPAVtGTpYogDvfJ_fCPQi9PAfmjvAVGwLaPLtPIKbakO86pMnr2zVpn_GC2ERlsauBx4OSDwtlS7jhF3yg8yDX_DVG8hCw7c-SVGP-jY934T-Cp2qAv7YvfJFYqxsjIw2NZI64bTFVUv-j6ZXwuxh4k3jBbUmlY2_Fr_UIw==

Your priority while leveling is life. You take every single life node you're near to.

The very last thing you take is crit, power charges and jewels.
"
BigChillin wrote:
I'm thinking about rolling with this build. What order did you get everything in the passive tree? Just curious. I'm playing Tempest.
Posted some tips above.

I got life everywhere and via the shortest path, taking light of divinity for some extra dps and res whenever I felt that I wasn't leveling fast enough

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info