[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Minsc_N_Boo wrote:
Thanks for another great guide.

I'm working on my first Ascendency point. Just out of interest, how would the Deadeye class work with this build? I assumed this would be the go to class for most bow builds?

Deadeye is great, but it does have some issues that you can circumvent by going Raider.

1. Raider has much better defense (the MORE evasion from onslaught is very powerful)
2. Raider allows you to generate frenzy charges without using blood rage (saves you life regen skill-points) and/or you don't have to use the blood dance boots - which allows you to use better gear.

Further more the Onslaught damage bonus is VERY powerful - but yea it mostly due to the above 2 reasons =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
What build variant would you recommend me with my gear (split or lightning arrow) ?
Spoiler

Also does Onslaught bonus stack with queen of the forest speed bonus
---
"
Kelemn wrote:
What build variant would you recommend me with my gear (split or lightning arrow) ?
Spoiler

Also does Onslaught bonus stack with queen of the forest speed bonus

Both are good, go with the one you prefer. Personally I like LA the most though =)

I think they stack yes :)
Hum.. what would you change chain for then ? (bow give 100% pierce) also would ice shot be a good idea to stack blast ?
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Mar 7, 2016, 10:43:46 PM
Hi! Thanks for build, nice one!
Does this build work with Ice shot? What would you change in it if you would want to use ice shot? what's the difference? thank you very much!
Answering questions tonight guys. If you feel like it, come say hello on www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro I will be streaming in an hour or so :)
First of all, thank you very much for the guide! I'm a newbee ranger and i love split arrow gem (used on shadow fire build) and i want to ask you something:
1- Do you think Blood Magic passive can be usefull? How you reduce mana cost of spells?
2- Why Acrobatics passive? Do you think it's a must? Phase Acrobatics can help?
3- In my Shadow build i was using fire/heral of ash for more damage, you are using forst/lightining buffs...why?
4- Why chain skill over fork gem?
5- You put a lot of Frenzy passive, but i can't see this skill gem on you...could you explain me it?
Sorry but i'm new on PoE and maybe some tech are not very clear for me.
Have a nice day!
"
Wyvpank7 wrote:
First of all, thank you very much for the guide! I'm a newbee ranger and i love split arrow gem (used on shadow fire build) and i want to ask you something:
1- Do you think Blood Magic passive can be usefull? How you reduce mana cost of spells?
2- Why Acrobatics passive? Do you think it's a must? Phase Acrobatics can help?
3- In my Shadow build i was using fire/heral of ash for more damage, you are using forst/lightining buffs...why?
4- Why chain skill over fork gem?
5- You put a lot of Frenzy passive, but i can't see this skill gem on you...could you explain me it?
Sorry but i'm new on PoE and maybe some tech are not very clear for me.
Have a nice day!

My pleasure :)

1. Blood magic shouldn't be necessary. Essence Sap should be all you need to cover your mana requirements
2. Acrobatics is a must have yes. Phase acrobatics is optional. The both increase your surviabilty.
3. In this build I am using Hatred (cold) and Herald of Ash (fire). Both of these scale of physical damage and thus greatly increases the damage.
4. Chain simply adds much more damage, not on the tooltip though but that should be ignored.
5. Per single frenzy charge you gain 4% attack and cast speed and 4% more damage. With this build you will be able to obtain 8 of these for a total of 32% inc to attack/damage/speed. You gain these via the Ascendancy point, Way of the Poacher.

I hope this way of help :)
"

5. Per single frenzy charge you gain 4% attack and cast speed and 4% more damage. With this build you will be able to obtain 8 of these for a total of 32% inc to attack/damage/speed. You gain these via the Ascendancy point, Way of the Poacher.

I hope this way of help :)

1-So until Ascendancy, Frenzy is useless without the gem, isn't it?
2-I love the Blink Arrow and i was thinking to change your "curse split arrow" with a blink, would it work? Blink+Faster+Curse+Mark?

Thanks man!

I have a question about blast rain. I've noticed that my BR does considerably more damage than my chain arrow. Both are 5L with ones I found. I was curious if BR works the point blank passive and with a chin sol?
Last edited by drunkenspider on Mar 8, 2016, 2:41:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info