[2.1] Dariidar's CoC & Magma Orb KNOCKBACK!

Yes, is with Barrage GMP, I'll test with 2 SRS gems and try and get a higher level CoC gem to see if that makes a difference and test at other APS when I get the chance. Is it possible they changed the ICD on CoC in 2.0 and this is not an issue with Barrage itself?

So I know that critical strikes from multiple projectiles either all crit or all do not crit. Does CoC work the same way or does it check the percent chance to cast on crit per event? It appears to me that it checks per event but I wanted to confirm.

Edit: with 2 SRS gems it created 2 counts of spirits. At 2.16 APS I did see an instance of 5 total spirits from 1 Barrage. a 4 stack and a one stack. At 1.98 APS I saw a total of 7 spirits, a 5 stack and a 2 stack. I'm also noticing that the spirits for some reason sometimes disapear VERY quickly, even between casts. For example, I attack with Barrage, see the count jump to 2 then almost immediatly drop to 0 or 1 before the next projectile hits and casts SRS again bringing the count back up. This might be causing problems with our methodology?
Last edited by daymare00 on Jul 24, 2015, 9:01:14 PM
"
daymare00 wrote:
Yes, is with Barrage GMP, I'll test with 2 SRS gems and try and get a higher level CoC gem to see if that makes a difference and test at other APS when I get the chance. Is it possible they changed the ICD on CoC in 2.0 and this is not an issue with Barrage itself?

So I know that critical strikes from multiple projectiles either all crit or all do not crit. Does CoC work the same way or does it check the percent chance to cast on crit per event? It appears to me that it checks per event but I wanted to confirm.

Edit: with 2 SRS gems it created 2 counts of spirits. At 2.16 APS I did see an instance of 5 total spirits from 1 Barrage. a 4 stack and a one stack. At 1.98 APS I saw a total of 7 spirits, a 5 stack and a 2 stack. I'm also noticing that the spirits for some reason sometimes disapear VERY quickly, even between casts. For example, I attack with Barrage, see the count jump to 2 then almost immediatly drop to 0 or 1 before the next projectile hits and casts SRS again bringing the count back up. This might be causing problems with our methodology?

What level are the SRS gems? could be the monsters are killing the spirits too fast.

Interesting that you're able to get 5+ spirits with 2.16 aps. Maybe my tests just suck and the breakpoint is still 2.2... I'll keep trying.

Try to make sure that you're only hitting one monster! If the 5th spirit accidentally procced off of a different monster that is far away, then that 5th projectile hit was "spaced" differently from the others...

And yes, although crits are checked per cast - CoC checks per hit, not the entire attack. therefore the average casts you should be able to achieve with lv20 CoC gem is 0.7 * 8 projectiles = 5.6 casts on average - it should be very easy to hit 5+ spirits if you are below the breakpoint. The difference is quite noticeable the moment you surpass the breakpoint!! If it takes you 20+ casts to get those 5+ spirits , then that one 5+ cast may be a fluke (due to stray projectile hitting a distant enemy). If you're truly under the breakpoint, 5 casts per barrage should be the norm, not an occasional thing.

edit: jumped on my char and tested at 2.1 aps. I got a 5-spirit hit after about 10+ shots, but then for 5 minutes afterwards I was unable to replicate it. The moment I decreased to 2.05 aps, I immediately began hitting a lot of 5-spirit barrages. Wish I could explain all of this.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Jul 24, 2015, 10:41:45 PM
I think you're right I had stray shots hitting distant enemies. Regardless of why its happening you're consistently getting the same results that 2.05 is what we should be shooting for.

I happened to have a level 60ish ranger after the 2.0 reset and used that character as a base for this build. I got SUPER lucky and 6 linked a Voll's.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4DHgQHBS0FtQYjCC4JoA2NDdEOSA5cEZYUsBmOH0EgbiLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqOC0fLlMwcTB8Nj031DpCOlg_c0MxRX5Hfkp9S1dLeEyzTP9Nkk4qUDBQQlFHVUtVxluvXfJfsGHiYqxjQ2VNZ6Bq-myMbOdtbG-ecFJw1XTtdct3B3rvf8aCHoPbhMWHE4d2idOMC4w2jX2Nfo2_lSCaYZuNm7WcpJ2qoi6io6OKtUi3trl8vTa-p77uwOPB88M6x8rJRMpKznDQH9Nv037UI9rB217dqOOf51TndOjW6mLssO0_7YPuDu967-vxs_Pq_MX_3g==

I've come up with this as a guide to where I want to go. I'm sure its not fully optimized but its a start. The wand I have access to is 1.5 aps base and 11% crit. If my math is right then I only need +36% attack speed to reach 2.05 so I've purposefully avoided getting more and am ignoring the frenzy charges and wont' be using blood rage so I don't break 2.05 aps. With the extra points I decided to head up to the Witch area and picked up more crit, an extra frenzy charge, a bit of life and most importantly the flask nodes which I've been very impressed with on my witch char. Any insight?

This build looks hilariously fun, trying it now. I just have a few questions:

-is mana going to be an issue while levelling with this? I'd rather not use Elreon's rings since it's already hard trying to cap resists with a Tabula + Ungil's Harmony
-speaking of levelling, will I have enough time to react and drink a staunching if I happen to hit an offscreen corrupting blood mob? I guess my only real concern here is the amount of corrupting blood stacks I will receive since this build looks like it hits a lot
-what is an accurate way to calculate DPS since toolbar only shows barrage damage
-can you put the optimal attacks per second in the main guide once you figure it out
Last edited by phirefor on Jul 25, 2015, 5:21:03 AM
@daymare00 yeah witch is an OK direction to travel. In regards to aps, If you increase ur aps to 1.5x the breakpoint then you'll be doing equivalent dps to someone at the breakpoint (since u cast roughly 65% as many spells when ur aps is over the breakpoint) , and if u increase ur aps even higher than that, ur dps continues to increase until u hit the next breakpoint at 4.1(can only proc once every 3 barrages) .

I agree that when we get vaal pact we need to drop blood rage, so I need to figure out how to hit 3+ aps without frenzy.. Still undecided. We should choose either 2.05 aps or 3+aps but I do love being able to attack/ stutter step faster.

@phirefor u will need mana flasks for flame totem till level 40. U can use clarity to help but it won't solve all the mana problems. When u switch to barrage (u can 4link barrage Coc firestorm arc) then use a jewel with 2 mana gain on hit. I had no problems after slotting in such a jewel and switching to Coc.

If u have trouble with resists remember that this build uses 2x purity auras!!the added dmg from hoi/ hot is pretty insignificant so we skip them.

If u grab enough life nodes then corrupting blood should be OK while levelling. It did become an issue beyond level 60+ so have a staunching by then. U will definitely have time to react, I've never died to it. just be careful and read!

Calculating dps:
-Multiply ball lightning tool tip by 5
-total spells cast = 5.6 per gmp barrage if ur below breakpoint, or 3.4 per gmp barrage if ur over breakpoint.
-multiply ball lightning's adjusted tool tip and magma orb tool tip by 5.6 or 3.4.
-Multiply the value u just got, by ur aps.

Note that magma orb dps may be up to two times higher if you double hit with it. You won't always double hit so it ranges from 1-2 times higher dps.
Last edited by dariidar on Jul 25, 2015, 7:00:04 PM
Been trying your build for a couple of days now but even after I got a 2mana gained on hit jewel I still go oom pretty fast which is quite annoying on single target bosses that spawn no adds.
Any tips on what I could be doing wrong or anything I can do to make it better?

Loving the build so far tho despite mana "issues"
:D
Last edited by Sh1tbag on Jul 25, 2015, 4:55:00 PM
"
Sh1tbag wrote:
Been trying your build for a couple of days now but even after I got a 2mana gained on hit jewel I still go oom pretty fast which is quite annoying on single target bosses that spawn no adds.

I use cwdt + warlord's mark, which helps me sustain mana against tough mobs which fight me for an extended period of time. I also use
for emergency oom situations.

The biggest drain on my mana is actually Lightning Warp - try Blood Magic + Faster Casting + Flame Dash instead
Last edited by dariidar on Jul 25, 2015, 9:59:47 PM
"
dariidar wrote:
"
Sh1tbag wrote:

I use cwdt + warlord's mark, which helps me sustain mana against tough mobs which fight me for an extended period of time. I also use
for emergency oom situations.

The biggest drain on my mana is actually Lightning Warp - try Blood Magic + Faster Casting + Flame Dash instead

I'll definitely give this a try, cheers! :D
Hey

I ended up 5 linking Voll's. Is there any change besides dropping PCoC compared to the guide in OP if I want to use it?
Nah
Last edited by Plungey on Dec 25, 2018, 5:12:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info