[2.1] Dariidar's CoC & Magma Orb KNOCKBACK!

I've been playing melee most of my time in POE the past few years.

So 10% increased projectile is the same as 10% increased spell damage?
OP, any chance you could update this coc & balls dank build to 2.1? Pretty please!
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement of my 2.0 KB coc magma orb freezing pulse build, which was far too low on life (and thus kept dying too easily) and this one seems nice (more life !).

Darridar : what would you think of replacing acro with iron skin ? I don't like that much evasion builds but I have never tried Iron skin and your tree is not far from this node.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Dec 14, 2015, 2:47:26 PM
Hello, I can't seem to find leveling passive trees. Could you please link them? Would you advise this build as first/second character for new league?
@pingouinmalin Iron Reflexes is pretty good. I like Phase Acrobatics for dealing with reflect, but you can easily make a build around Iron Reflexes instead.

@karvius07 This is a great 1st or 2nd character, the recommended gear is very cheap. For the passive tree just start at shadow and work your way to True Strike. Then work your way south. Try to grab life nodes every 10 levels.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Thanks Dariidar : would I just spec out of acrobatics (and following nodes) to spec in Iron reflexes and that's it or would it need more than that ? (if you have any idea, I understand the purpose of this build is not exactly IR).

Edit : ah, I did not remember how IR works. No dexterity bonus. The pathing won't bring benefits then... Maybe I'll try again with acrobatics. The endurance charges should help mitigate the damage I won't evade or dodge.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Dec 16, 2015, 4:52:08 PM
What do you think of Volley Fire unique jewel for this build? I have 18% knockback chance (from three jewels) and a Volley Fire. Do you think an additional 6% knockback chance (=24% knockback chance) is more important than having four extra projectiles per barrage?
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
runnin this build in talisman currently lvl 76 got 5 knockback jewels, feelsbatman
goddamn maligaro is too expensive :)

i was pretty surprised how easy it is to level this char (if you have tabula). really enjoyin it so far. clearspeed is good and this new jewel volley fire is frikkin awesome
Would love to get a few rambling posts from some of the guys playing this build currently!

I've just hit L70 and ill give you my thoughts and issues atm, but I am quite new to the game (couple of 70s) so take it for what its worth:

o The Secondary Skill setups in the build got nerfed it seems (particularly the Warlord + Cast on Damage Taken) and also the one with Ice Golem and Cast on Crit, I thought that was automated but the penny is just dropping that perhaps that buffing 4L was intended to be a manual cast?

o I tried things like Poachers Mark to generate automatic Frenzy Charges, but I dunno was using a lot of mana and although I was getting all 3 pwr/end/frenzy charges up and maxed, I believe the cap is 1 curse per mob so im not sure it was efficient in a number of ways... infact it seemed buggy at times.

o Oh and I took off both Purity of Fire & Lightning and run Herald of Ice & Curse on Hit atm to proc my Warlords Mark, the Purities are nice but im not sure its worth the mana reserved.. but happy to see discussion on them!

o Its very glass cannon (literally), when it works its brilliant, but its hard to turn if mobs come in from the side or teleport (teleporting bosses are the worst), thats part of the challenge but also fun to line them up, its just noticeable compares to my straight magma orb witch who could spin around and cast in 360degrees. I tend to find myself at 100%, then im dead instantly with no real idea of what generated the death, not to mention the fps is so crazy and the spell graphics so solid that you sometimes cant see whats underneath until its over (its fun though! just crazy).

o Ive taken to adding a few elem resist nodes and some mana on hit and leeching nodes to try and take pressure off gear and deal with the mana issues, what im finding with mana is it sits at 100% a lot but a second into combat it just goes straight to 0% (I think when the first crit goes off), then mana starts to regen/leech and its kind of sustainable... ive isolated all other skills off and I think its the main nuke itself that uses all the mana instantly.. I have a mana pot which I use nearly every pack also just to make sure I dont find myself with an empty clip in the heat of the action.

o Tough to get the Str & Int too, so much Dex in those nodes, but it can be done.. a few of the skill nodes have +20str or +20int so they are a bonus

o im still not crit capped but doesnt feel like an issue, its obviously a challenge to get that life, mana, leech, resist, dps, crit, str/int, and all the rest humming at the one time =)

o I have 4 Jewel Nodes open atm, each with 5% or so Knockback plus other stats.. Its hard to know how much is the right amount of knockback (sometimes its too much, sometimes not enough).. as mentioned above I got a Knockback Gem drop which ive contemplated but it would have to be on a nuke (maybe herald of ice) and its not going to fit in the 6L Tabula Chest... I tried the Chaos Golem but his knockback is unreliable, I didnt take the fencing node since that would be either/or with opening jewel nodes, and jewels are useful things for tweaking stats other than just knockback.

Ill write back when ive done more 70+ content, still trying to sort out my secondary skill gems, im using a flame totem just because ive always done it, and I find it esp useful on harder bosses where you cant stand and nuke, plus it distracts the mobs.. but yeah it may give way eventually as the adventure continues!

Edit: Question.. does this have to be a Wand Build? Can we use a 2H with 5 or 6 Links or Daggers like Consuming Dark?
Last edited by adso555 on Dec 31, 2015, 3:09:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info