How Warbands Works

"
Gevrael wrote:
I like warbands in principle a great deal. In practice I find that they have almost no impact on my game. As others are saying, they have too much health and don't yield enough of note while leveling.

When warbands was announced, I imagined seething gangs of humanoid enemies with trained monsters that relentlessly hunt the player; I thought that different warbands would make zones harder in different ways forcing players to plan and anticipate. I thought that hunting warbands would lead to cumulative profits as you wipe them out - rarer mobs and drops as you go.

While I play it feels like standard, except every now and then I encounter 4-5 enemies that take a long time to kill if my dps is too low (more of a problem while leveling). They're damage sponges that I skip more often than not because there is no incentive to kill them, and no threat to leaving them alive.

Conceptually I want to like it; the crests around map pins are exciting. The actual experience is underwhelming.

Pretty much this, the concept was good the implimentation was bad.

In theory I would have loved to have to use 10 scrolls to town OR be forced to call a friend to help me kite etc etc

I would have thought it would be hard thus rewarding. Right now a rare box gives me better loot. Why would I farm crappy warbands if not for the achiev?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jul 20, 2015, 5:21:57 AM
We are supposed to hunt these leaders for the uniques they drop... but that's going to be hard when you cannot even find a leader.

In my opinion every group of warbands, even those in 1 dots areas, should have a chance to spawn a leader with them. This way the chance to encounter leaders is far bigger, yet ALOT smaller than when doing a 4dot area. This way every area basically has a chance to spawn a leader.

I'd also like the idea of the leaders spawning like rogue exiles, despite the amount of dots on the maps.

So far warbands is hardly noticable.

Please let them spawn ALOT more often, even if that means a lower droprate from them!
Indeed, the idea is good but the implementation underwhelming to say the least.

Just reached Act 4 Merciless, killed a bunch of Warbands up to that point, not a single good drop, mostly junk magic items, and some of them were really tough.

Basically not worth killing. Hope we see improvements.
"
Gevrael wrote:
I like warbands in principle a great deal. In practice I find that they have almost no impact on my game. As others are saying, they have too much health and don't yield enough of note while leveling.

When warbands was announced, I imagined seething gangs of humanoid enemies with trained monsters that relentlessly hunt the player; I thought that different warbands would make zones harder in different ways forcing players to plan and anticipate. I thought that hunting warbands would lead to cumulative profits as you wipe them out - rarer mobs and drops as you go.

While I play it feels like standard, except every now and then I encounter 4-5 enemies that take a long time to kill if my dps is too low (more of a problem while leveling). They're damage sponges that I skip more often than not because there is no incentive to kill them, and no threat to leaving them alive.

Conceptually I want to like it; the crests around map pins are exciting. The actual experience is underwhelming.

I think this is an extremely well worded description of the league and how I feel playing it.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Double post. Sorry.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Last edited by GingerBeast on Jul 20, 2015, 6:37:23 AM
Thanks ggg! Warbands is a very good choice to enrich PoE. <3

Also, couldn't try all the new skills yet, but wild strike is fantastic!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
GingerBeast wrote:
"
Gevrael wrote:

I think this is an extremely well worded description of the league and how I feel playing it.

I must be very lucky then, i made a casual ias wild strike build, melting down warbands and getting many rares almost all the times. Here i just read somebody QQing about his premature low dps; i'm having zero problems with warbands, and even with blue items I'm rocking down cruel difficulty (died just few times for not paying enough attention against particular new interesting bosses)
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
bad implementation of such a cool idea. Warbands currently are ZZZ.
"
Chris wrote:
Some Warband leaders are beginning to show dissatisfaction with their factions. Soon they may take matters into their own hands.

So does that mean the final 8 Unique Warbands are still missing as of now?
Warband league should have been the HC league and tempest the normal league.
Warbands is so much more challenging:P
Damn Latency issues.
Might come back in a few seasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info