How Warbands Works

"
daaviid78 wrote:
I still don't understand how Warbands work in maps. Someone who understand cares to explain in so much detail as possible? In maybe two maps out of 40 it has spawn warbands, but then only one simple and lame group.

How do I know what maps to run to get higher tier Warbands? Or is it just RNG?

I hope someone can explain.

same here i also don't understand how they work in maps. we need better information here.

"
Any type of Warband member can drop items with special new magic mods

hmm i have completely missed this. need to start id those blue items they drop!!!

Thanks for clarifying the mechanics,

I like warbands in general, however why the hell is loot so low for unique enemies? maybe that's ok.
I guess I should only hunt them If i needed one of those warband-only uniques..

I do not like the ranged warband running away all the time, wasting huge time to be killed (me: medium attackspeed - melee attacker, yes 30%move, yes leapslam) - we play hack'n slay or cat and mouse?
And how do we see in what tier we are or the enemies are? Particularly important if we only need a unique of the higher tiers...

-> In the end I stopped checking for Warbands on the world map at all.. It's just a random occurence to me that is not meaning much. Maybe I give it another try after reading this.

"
domelious wrote:
GGG always makes flop leagues after a huge content patch.

What the heck are you talking about?.. Master of the Forsaken Rampage League was super much fun... (beyond not, since those monsters didn't give exp/loot iirc, imo)

And if warbands is not good enough? Try TEMPEST! HELL YEA that's the fun you seek, they really change the game again, similiar to Rampage 1 year ago.
(I do not play all year long if you refer to something else...).
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 22, 2015, 6:35:59 AM
i have to agree with the over all consensuses above. I just started this league a few days ago, because i figure finally desync fixed, i can go have some fun! first pack i found im like all right new bosses! Wait what kind of drop was that? 3 blues? hmm maybe just a low drop. lets find more! find more...5 blues. *sigh* "man i want to find some exiels, at least i know they drop!" next pack...also has a exile awesome! Not only did the exile drop more items total, but 3 rares vs...all blue but was also HARDER to kill. I mean im sorry i just dont see the point of these. I mean ill probably still kill them as i see them, but they are nothing like exiles where the first time i ran into one i crapped my pants and got 2 hit. These dont inspire fear, they inspire loathing over the time it takes to kill them for bad drops and experience.
The Internet:Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
So, I've been checking the minimap for locations with 3+ dots. I run those and usually find absolutely zero warbands.

Should I be finding some in those maps?
In my opinion there are far too few leaders to ever complete the challenge. Basically there are 3 steps of "luck" that you need to have to get a leader kill:

1. a 4 dot area needs to spawn with the correct type of warband
2. a leader needs to spawn in it
3. it needs to be the one you need out of all the leaders possible

I think the main step that needs improvement is 2. I've had times where I ran 10-15 areas with 4 dots without ever seeing a leader. The challenge is pretty much impossible at that rate.

"
i have to agree with the over all consensuses above. I just started this league a few days ago, because i figure finally desync fixed, i can go have some fun! first pack i found im like all right new bosses! Wait what kind of drop was that? 3 blues? hmm maybe just a low drop. lets find more! find more...5 blues. *sigh* "man i want to find some exiels, at least i know they drop!" next pack...also has a exile awesome! Not only did the exile drop more items total, but 3 rares vs...all blue but was also HARDER to kill. I mean im sorry i just dont see the point of these. I mean ill probably still kill them as i see them, but they are nothing like exiles where the first time i ran into one i crapped my pants and got 2 hit. These dont inspire fear, they inspire loathing over the time it takes to kill them for bad drops and experience.

Exiles got nerfed a lot though, they no longer inspire fear either, at least not to me. And warbands can definitely drop good loot... so much that I've been annoyed about the amount of town portals I needed to make while farming 4 dot areas. If you have no IIR and are killing the lowest tier of warband members though... then yes, you are likely to see only a bunch of blues

"
Airtaz wrote:
So, I've been checking the minimap for locations with 3+ dots. I run those and usually find absolutely zero warbands.

Should I be finding some in those maps?

Uhm yes, I'm pretty sure there is always at least one warband in a 3 or 4 dot map. I've never seen an "empty" one.
Last edited by Miathan51 on Aug 13, 2015, 2:58:55 AM
This is the worst league of all time because there's nothing in it. What were you guys thinking? I thought you'd make an awesome new league because the last ones sucked too but you went back to back crappy softcore leagues. The Tempest mechanic is at least fun.
the idea behind warbands isnt that bad but the implementation is.

First the league wasn't finished, the generals wouldn't spawn.
Look, i have no problem with such things. I HAVE a problem with not telling us! Many ppl farmed 4 dot areas and as there was no explanation how warbands worked we had to figure out ourselves (which isn'
t bad either).
But then again we found out that this league isnt working as GGG intended. The appearance of the warbands in maps was connected to the one in certain areas.

It took over 3 weeks to make the league work as intended and looking at the fanmade warbands page (http://nembibi.com/) it looks like it works somehow but not the way it was stated by chris (or he poorly explained it or i'm too dumb for it).

Then there is the droprate of the uniques and the appearance of the chaos generals were each of those 8 seems to be as rare as an embeezler/seditionist/... .

This system needs more love!

Every time i encounter a warbands group it's just annoying (some are running around like turbo-chickens) even the leaders are a toned down version of exiles with more HP. I have still to find my first chaos general maybe they add more to the league.
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Aug 14, 2015, 5:41:06 PM
So, just wondering, is it intended by GGG that we don't see chaos generals after over 100 4 dot maps? Cause this league is really starting to piss me off.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
hate warbands. died couple times of this shit and sometimes i find 2 warbands close together in a leveling/quest zone and then i have to bail out and move somewhere else to level.

as a domination blow summoner i dont have the damage and lifesteal in my normal atacks to melee them. and since domination blow duration was nerfed to 20 sek. (42 sek with my build and items) any minions i have dust disappear during the LONG LONG LONG fight cos they have ton of health.
also warbands follow you through the zone so its next to imnpossible to dominate a new army.

on top of it most warbands do huge AOE damage to kill minions really fast.

sometimes i can kill them one by one slowly but if my flasks get empty its time to bail...

The idea is great, the implementation is just lacking a little bit.

4 dot mechanics are right, problem is that 4 dot areas don't have leaders or chaos leaders often enough.
Le Toucan Will Return

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info