Constant lag spikes

Hey there everyone. I've been playing PoE for a while now. I haven't posted anything before but this lag spike/disconnection thing is really getting out of hand. When I started the game, which was around August, the gameplay was smooth and lag free. I left the game around the end of September because I simply didn't have enough time. Now a month and a half ago I started playing again and it was laggy and buggy all the time. At first I thought it was my internet, but after changing it to a better one and still getting these huge lag spikes - I don't even know. I'm not even going to start on trying to play in a party. I really love this game, but honestly I can't even ragequit since the game does that for me. I don't want to believe that the developers are ignoring the issue on purpose but it does look a little ridiculous when they are coming up with these awesome patches and all while such an important thing as connection to servers is not properly looked at.
All I want to do is play this game properly, however, I literally have not been able to play after merciless difficulty due to lag spikes. Every 2-3 minutes I get 1k ping with 1-3 seconds of disconnect. Just long enough to die occasionally. I refuse to play the game in this state, please don't make me patch Diablo III. The issue cannot be on my end, Ive played dozens of games since with every possible scenario happening (friends watching netflix, not watching netflix friends on other games etc). I do not know the issue, however it has sadly kept me from playing my favorite game. Over 2k hours invested.
I just wanted to jump in and voice my experience as well. The last two nights at least, I know it was less frequent beforehand the Cali server has been dropping me. I also experience huge lag spikes then get the failed to join instance before getting dropped. I couldn't rejoin the cali server but got into the Texas one fine. I think there is a server issue happening. Please give this some attention.
61 pages and not one GGG response.

Let's face it guys, GGG doesn't care about the lag problems. They are busy working on water not server stability. Get used to rubberbanding and Da LaAAAaaag!
"
MFairfax wrote:

Let's face it guys, GGG doesn't care about the lag problems. They are busy working on water not server stability. Get used to rubberbanding and Da LaAAAaaag!

You know, if you hit that little Icon next to the thread, it will pull up every GGG respone that is in this thread. Pay special attention to the last one from Fitzy. Once you do that, go read the stickies.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
"
MFairfax wrote:

You know, if you hit that little Icon next to the thread, it will pull up every GGG respone that is in this thread. Pay special attention to the last one from Fitzy. Once you do that, go read the stickies.

I hit view staff posts. Completely blank. Nothing there.

Tried winMTR on all 3 of the servers Ive attempted to play on today. Been laggy all day, really became nearly unplayable once evening hit. Super long load screens, and Ive died at least 30 times today just from the lag. Once I pasted the server into MTR it just says "Unable to get RAW socket!" every time. Not helpful.
Point is this (From the very first sticky in this sub-forum):

"
Need help? Please read this. [Rules for Technical & Account Support section]

Greetings,

Before you reply to a thread or make a new thread, please read the following:

- Bumping threads -

If you're experiencing a problem, please don't bump similar threads saying you have the same problem.
Instead, provide us with the required information in a new thread and we'll be able to help you more concisely.

Make your own thread and don't hijack someone else's. This makes it infinitely easier for you to get help. It makes it infinitely easier for people to help you. Otherwise, it is a complete cluster fuck when you have 5/10/15 people all in one thread looking for help with what would appear to be the same issue on the surface, even though they aren't related and can be caused by any number of varying things.

People steer well clear of any threads that have a bunch of people in it especially in this forum, as you are asked to NOT do that in the first place. It just isn't worth the effort and it makes helping the person with the original problem all the more difficult. Posts get missed, replies are misinterpreted to be for one person when they aren't etc etc. You get the idea.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Jan 20, 2017, 11:54:09 PM
is it me or what

when flood of mob appear i kill i get kind of lag
when i having my minion using scourge claw
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
bump
Bump. The game is becoming unplayable. Never had an issue until two weeks ago. I keep freezing for a few seconds and even get disconnected to log in screen as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info