[2.0] Dual Ice Shot Totem - [HC] [Atziri] Viable - XTRA Cheap/Effective/safe - 90K+ DPS. VIDEOS !

"
Rakaji wrote:
I haven't seen if this has been suggested in the comments before, but you know you could always swap your Added Fire gem for a Physical to Lightning gem, and then you can use a better quiver than Blackgleam.

That would also give your totems a chance to shock, which it doesn't seem to have right now

You pointed out something interesting.

What's happening if I swap my gem, and change that quiver.

- 15% less extra physical damage added as elemental damage.
- New quiver ! Life (after modifiers, with around 100 life on it, 350-400 extra HP, could reach 6900-7000 HP), extra resist (to be safely overcapped), dext (for Chin Sol), physical damage, and extra elemental damage ?

Could definetly give a try. On paper, less damage (as i got A LOT of increase already, and more damage is better i guess). But surely tankier. will give a try and tell my results.

PS : Shock has no point here. Got 5% chance on tree, no crit, and slow AS (but as I 1 shot mostly every close mob...)
Last edited by Kikoyou on Sep 28, 2015, 12:03:03 PM
I've always wanted to try a multiple totem build. I found out recently how nice an ice shot totem is just playing around with another character.

Quill Rain speed with ice shot totem and pierce... no damage, but defensively its OP. Was working great with my Explosive Arrow build. Just hit level 80 last night.

I was going to take a break from this game for a while since Tempest is dead now but I saw this build and totally want to give it a try!!
Yep I was planning 1rst to make a dual totem explosive arrow. But got some "ceass fire" issue, with explosive arrow duration.

But in a trap build, dual totem ice shot can be GREAT defensively. it's a hudge option to consider, with pierce, increase duration and GMP.
Started this build last night. Made it up to 31. Starting out (just like pretty much all builds) its kind of just grind through. However, I must say that I have never used the "+1 wand" meathod of flame totem'ing through Normal. I read in your build to use Lifesprig since it was nice. So I bought a good roll for 5c (yeah, its slim pickins in tempest right now, 5c was way more than I wanted to pay for a 1c unique). However, I realized after buying it that I ALREADY HAD ONE!! LOL SO I am dual Lifesprig'ing my way through Normal:

LOL Oops, oh well, the one I had wasn't a great roll. That 6 life every second was pretty sweet starting out, but now by level 31 and I have over 1k life, its not doing much. The %68 spell damage is noce tho. Do you think I could make a better +1 rare wand?

What equipment should I have ready and gems ready for when I make the switch to ancestral bond? Should I jump right into Ice Shot totems or should I dual flame totem for a while?

Following 40 point skill tree path to the letter.

Oh, and PS, Piety dropped one when I killed her. LOLOLOL!!!
Last edited by Shinare on Sep 30, 2015, 10:59:31 AM
Have you considered pathing your skill tree to Whispers of Doom and Skittering Runes for +1 curse and 30% curse effect? Would make ele weakness + frostbite pretty scary.

CoH + split arrow + ele weakness + frostbite pretty scary.
Or CoH + frenzy + gmp + ele weakness + frostbite
Or try to take advantage of asphyxia's effect? CoH + frenzy + dual curse?
Last edited by Glowstix on Sep 30, 2015, 12:11:51 PM
"
Shinare wrote:

... Do you think I could make a better +1 rare wand?

What equipment should I have ready and gems ready for when I make the switch to ancestral bond? Should I jump right into Ice Shot totems or should I dual flame totem for a while?

Nop, don't seek for another +1. Waste of time, that wand is just fine. You don't need much to swap ancestral bond. Whenever you want, your dual totem will wreck everything.

Go Ice Shot only when you are using chin sol (at least lvl 64)
"
Have you considered pathing your skill tree to Whispers of Doom and Skittering Runes for +1 curse and 30% curse effect? Would make ele weakness + frostbite pretty scary.

CoH + split arrow + ele weakness + frostbite pretty scary.
Or CoH + frenzy + gmp + ele weakness + frostbite
Or try to take advantage of asphyxia's effect? CoH + frenzy + dual curse?

So, yeah, iv'e considered it. But NO. Definetly NO. You loose too much by getting to +1 curse node. You wanna get a double curse ? Get a +1 curse ring, boot or amy. Will be better.

And use TEMPORAL CHAIN. Temporal chains is the best defense for your build, pared with ice shot. There is no point of using frostbite, as you dont FREEZE, and at least 50% of your DPS IS NOT ICE.

Asphyxia's Wrath is good, but you loose LOT of damage convertion. Means LESS dps. And you'll need hrimsorrow gloves (no life and DPS) to reach a descent convertion.
Day 2 update and less than 24 hours left in Tempest? hehe Guess it was kinda late to start a new character. It'll move over to HC.

Level 45 now. Ancestral Bond and loving it. Heading down to totemic zeal now. (4 away) You are right, Twin Lifesprig AND 2x flame totem is absolutely tearing things up. Its actually kind of too easy, so I added a freezing pulse spell totem with faster cast and GMP just to play around. Pretty neeto.
You typed that the Scion can use this build. How would you start the build as a Scion when you are level 1? Would you start Projectile damage or Melee/Str then move to resistances for hardcore. If you could reply that would be neat thanks.

If the question was already answered Sorry I didn't see it while speed reading.
"
Would you start Projectile damage or Melee/Str then move to resistances for hardcore. If you could reply that would be neat thanks.

For my opinion, res can easily be attained with gear, so no need to waste 3 skill points on it. If you are leveling with flame totem, the projectile damage will benefit that. I would go that direction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info