[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

Hi, thanks for great guide.

To balance my equip (or my play style), I made few changes in my tree (get more armor/evasion nodes):

And agains strong monsters/bosses I use Vaal Double Strike + Phase run. Double strike copy can kill almost everything, if I didnt run away too far - thats phase run for. And 3 double strike copies with vaal haste are readly deadly.
ing marrenna
I think that tree should work aswell, which one is better I can't tell tbh, you spend 8 points to get dervish, art of the gladiator and bravery while I am getting flaying and bloodless, it is interesting that you can get master of the arena in 2 levels which is very nice thanks to regen and increased range.

Vaal double strike sounds interesting, I will test it for sure. I know that its damage did get nerfed but that you can stack it 3 times, I thought you can get up only 1 copy and casting is a second time would destroy the first copy, with 3 copies alive that's insane :D
"
AquaFreeze wrote:
Vaal double strike sounds interesting, I will test it for sure. I know that its damage did get nerfed but that you can stack it 3 times, I thought you can get up only 1 copy and casting is a second time would destroy the first copy, with 3 copies alive that's insane :D

Im sory, I wrote it wrong (my bad english). You are right, you can only one copy.
ing marrenna
"
AquaFreeze wrote:
I think that tree should work aswell, which one is better I can't tell tbh, you spend 8 points to get dervish, art of the gladiator and bravery while I am getting flaying and bloodless, it is interesting that you can get master of the arena in 2 levels which is very nice thanks to regen and increased range.

Its increaded range good to get?
ing marrenna
I am not sure about that, I don't really need it imo, but it may be strong...probably not :D
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Aug 23, 2015, 7:24:21 AM
Hello AquaFreeze. I wanna change my rare weapon. Is is worth to go double Bino's ? Why and why not ? Thank you for the answer.
Your rare dagger is quite good so upgrading it into bino's wont change very much. The only thing I experienced using double bino's is that it is very unlikely to not-crit anything which is quite cool, especially for mana leech and adder's touch.

Personally I would recommend to keep the currency until you can afford a very nice rare dagger with 300 pdps at least. Double bino's can be used of course but if they still cost about 8 ex or something I would keep those and head for something that is even stronger.
Update: Crafted a new amulet, my dps did get increased by about 10k.
Hi guys! Here's my rewiew about this build. I think i started this build like aqua does in 1.3 based on some crit dualstrike build (no idea where the thread is gone) in 1.3 this build was great you could do a lot of maps (even reflect when you had acuitys) and you could even survive high maps 75-78.
I'm playing atm. this build on evasion. Here is my char: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/binhood/characters
I'm using atm. a 4l chest new hyrri's ire, rats nest, 2 binos (insane liferegen), maligaros virt. and atziri steps. I have 9,1k evasion 44% chance to evade attacks, 50% chance to dodge attacks and 55% to dodge spells (thanks to new hyrri's ire) and with vaal haste you can max your dodge attack & spells for like 10 seconds. That's something great against bosses.
Even my dps tooltip is great with only a 4l chest buffed hatred + herald of ashes i have 46-48k dps and fullbuffed in a map easily 80-85k remember only with a 4l chest that's insane (with a 6l chest and some decent daggers you can gain insane amount of dps 300-400k dps is easily doable with 2 loath baners for the rich :D even more.
Whatever although this build is a lot of fun you have very big problems with +74 maps. Why?
It doesn't matter when you are playing armour or evasion you gonna realise when you start playing 74-75 maps and above that this build isn't doable in high maps. With 2.0 update mobs got a lot of stronger they hit like a truck. White mobs can hit like 3-4k dmg even on low maps like 73-74. Not to mention map rolls like 150% critical chance and increased dmg & increased life, these map rolls are not sustainable with the current state of this build. Our gem melee splash is a joke compared to another skills, when you wanna play this build you need 100% melee splash because you want aoe dmg. Dualstrike is still strong as fuck but compare the current dualstrike with reave. Reave have a insane aoe compared to dualstrike + melee splash, you dont need to add melee splash because of aoe, you have already a nice aoe range + vaal reave. You can have constantly 8 reave stacks and slash through maps safe & like a berserk. You can add to reave at least 3+ gems that increases the dps of this skill without losing any aoe + reave builds are a lot cheaper than dualstrike.

There is for me no reason to play this build anymore until they buff melee splash, the current state of melee splash is just a joke, in 2.0 you need to be very tanky to sustain high maps or ranged. I'm playing yet a tanky crit sweep templar with my 50c budget build i have 50k dps in town and 50-76k in maps and i'm tanky as fuck 5,2k life + 13k armour (soon with new chest even 17k) the aoe of sweeo is crazy too. You can slash through all map mods easily tough no map regen mods are hard imo.
I'm gonna wait til a melee splash buff and then play it again (saying it again dualstrike is insane with rich builds when you can afford expensive shit like shavronnes, some decent dagger and some life at least 4,2k life you can still berzerk all day long. But when you are new and don't try to play this build you are gonna have a bad time.

Dualstrike <3
I will do some more gameplay vids asap, but you are completely right, some mods and especially some mobs (mainly act 4) are overpowered, their damage is just too high to deal with for melee builds.

Also I have seen the weakness of melee splash, in addition they nerfed dual strike's quality from crit chance (was awesome <3) to attack speed which made critting much harder.

I still think that high maps are doable as long as you don't run some with too dangerous mods, maybe I have a different feeling about those endgame maps because I am running the opposite on defences (US/IR instead of eva/dodge)...

In addition I would like to ask all of you:
What do you think / what did you experience to be the best flask setup for this build?

Since we are running some big life flask increases on gear (belly and meginord's) and on tree it seems to be right to run 2 life flask and 3 utility ones, now I would like which ones you like the best to run or if you use some different setups?

Last edited by AquaFreeze on Aug 30, 2015, 2:19:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info