[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

Ah yes, I probably should have elaborated. When I said RT build, I pretty much meant Duelist with non-dagger weapons. The only reason I mentioned RT in this thread is because I've searched the forums for Dual Strike builds in 2.0 and this was one of the very, very few that showed up lol. I mainly wanted to ask you about the AoE, which seems okay based on your experience.

I disagree with Exiled_Wanderer that Abyssus is a bad choice on an RT build. It doesn't make use of the crit multiplier, but it remains as the best DPS helmet for RT.
Abyssus gives you an insane boost to dps in return for taking additional physical damage. By going RT you're cutting that dps gain in half while still retaining the full increase to damage taken, thus making it very inefficient.
"
Abyssus gives you an insane boost to dps in return for taking additional physical damage. By going RT you're cutting that dps gain in half while still retaining the full increase to damage taken, thus making it very inefficient.

I mean the purpose of going RT is to substitute crit nodes for defensive nodes, so the actual increase to damage taken is minimal. Obviously I won't fully benefit from wearing Abyssus, but I'll be able to run a reliably tanky build that can offset the increase to physical damage taken. I wouldn't necessarily call that inefficient.
Actually I am trying to find out the best way for critting. Yes, assassin's mark is very strong and generates power charges. The problem is that I use temporal chains on my CwDT set-up which is stronger than assassin's mark imo. There is also the possibility to self-cast it but it isn't really worth it to cast it, compared to enduring cry it isn't needed that much.

This means that I don't know how to bring assassin's mark into the build. I still like having power charges although I have a crit chance of over 90% without power charges while using 2 bino's.

The only other way to gain power charges would be power charge on crit but I don't really see the point of using this support gem compared to other support gems that give me probably better damage increases (added fire damage, hypothermia, increased critical multiplier, maybe increased critical strike chance but I don't really need a higher crit chance as I mentioned before).

As a result I don't see a good way of gaining power charges or using assassin's mark.

Having blood rage, enduring cry, vaal hast and vaal grace as self-buffs seems to be enough, the other option would be using CwDT + acrtic breath + GMP but if it is better than having vaal haste and vaal grace is something I am not sure about.

Still need to test those things, maybe I'll have additional ideas aswell.
May my chromatics rest in piece :D
Maybe flicker strike + curse on hit + assassin's mark works, I will test that asap.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Aug 17, 2015, 6:07:59 PM
"
AquaFreeze wrote:
Maybe flicker strike + curse on hit + assassin's mark works, I will test that asap.

i use this on some builds. You need to include melee splash if you want to curse more than 1.

If you have good crit chance (90+) you can try flicker-coc-am in a 3L. It has a wider area of cursing, but lower proc rate.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Alright, I have tested it. I still doesn't fit that well imo...after casting enduring cry and engaging with whirling blades there is no time for self-casting assassin's mark nor using flicker strike just to get the enemies cursed.
If I engage with flicker strike it works a little better but it is quite random which enemy will get flickered.
After testing it it seems to me to work not well...CwDT + arctic breath + gmp for the chilled ground worked better when I tested it.
Herald of Thunder + CoH + assassin's mark seemed to work pretty well when getting activated, the problem is that I probably don't have enough lightning damage with only having HoT activated. I thought about using Physical to Lightning or Added Lightning damage but I am not sure about that.
Does anyone have an advice how I can get enough lightning damage to shock steady?
Phys to Light + Weapon Ele Damage instead of Hypothermia and Faster Attacks is my suggestion. Majority of your damage will be elemental which would hurt your leech, but with Bino's you don't really need much leech from your physical damage anyway.
Thanks for that concept, sounds like it will work well.
While I did not know how to get this done I tested Herald of Ice instead of Herald of Thunder and it worked really well. I was able to keep up 3 power charges very steady. Seems even better than HoT on this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info