[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

Pretty mad about my two failed uber attempts in warbands with a 5L, I coulda done a better job on flask usage, and figured two ruby flasks are needed for atziri at least with that shitty proc.But I really want to do the brainless way.

So I decided to burn some currency to get a 6L.

only 70-80 jews and 170 fuses, pretty happy about it.

Then this shitt happened. used 1g vorici, and took me 2800+ chromes to finally get it.Almost wanted to give up, thought that vorici calculator was bugged too, then it came, thought if I didn't stop, it woulda eaten all the currency i got from the shav drop.

But now new issue is I have to use at least two +2 mana gain jews, and have to sacrifice either one of 19% AS and 17% AS+10% dmg jews. Currently use only one +2 mana with two AS jews and leap unique jew. Another option is to lvl to 93 and give up one life% pt on the tree to go another jew socket (or yolo my lvl 3 enlighten to lvl 4 and get rid of champion of cause, don't think this will happen with my recent chrome rng). If this is the case, which pt do you think i should respec?

I should be able to make it in Warbands after this upgrade. Damn, Warbands 30% mjolner sucks, i got to say.
Last edited by cutejerk on Jul 28, 2015, 9:36:13 AM
1 question , how would the skilltree look like if i got Enlighten level 4 ??
can you link it ?
"
lancowe100 wrote:
1 question , how would the skilltree look like if i got Enlighten level 4 ??
can you link it ?

whats the problem? just took one or two 4% reduced mana nodes from the sovereignity circle and put them into life or dmg nodes, you could also go into celestial punishment if you could afford 4 skill points..

so far
"
cutejerk wrote:
Pretty mad about my two failed uber attempts in warbands with a 5L, I coulda done a better job on flask usage, and figured two ruby flasks are needed for atziri at least with that shitty proc.But I really want to do the brainless way.

Then this shitt happened. used 1g vorici, and took me 2800+ chromes to finally get it.Almost wanted to give up, thought that vorici calculator was bugged too, then it came, thought if I didn't stop, it woulda eaten all the currency i got from the shav drop.

But now new issue is I have to use at least two +2 mana gain jews, and have to sacrifice either one of 19% AS and 17% AS+10% dmg jews. Currently use only one +2 mana with two AS jews and leap unique jew. Another option is to lvl to 93 and give up one life% pt on the tree to go another jew socket (or yolo my lvl 3 enlighten to lvl 4 and get rid of champion of cause, don't think this will happen with my recent chrome rng). If this is the case, which pt do you think i should respec?

I should be able to make it in Warbands after this upgrade. Damn, Warbands 30% mjolner sucks, i got to say.

You 6L'd it to put LMP for the 10% attack speed bonus?
"
Pogrom123 wrote:

You 6L'd it to put LMP for the 10% attack speed bonus?

and 2 additional projectiles, which molten strike gives 2, GMP gives 4
Master 8: All
CyclERa 93 TS/Puncture, CyclEWS 89 LL-ST
thread /463641 GMT+8
"
cutejerk wrote:

Well.. I guess your chrome rng averages out your fuse rng :P

You should probably keep those 2 jewels and somehow squeeze out one more jewel socket, and I think it's perfectly fine to spec out of one life node in order to do uber since flask charges and life regen are more important than a bit more life pool.

Do you mind sharing how far you made and what went wrong in your 2 failed attempts? I know first hand that it's doable with less flask charges but requires some practice and kiting. I'm starting to wonder if you can get enough life regen with a 30% mjolner. Theoretically you should discharge less frequently, but discharge more endurance charges since you have 40% more opportunities to build up endurance charges between each discharge.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
"
sgw9426 wrote:

Well.. I guess your chrome rng averages out your fuse rng :P

You should probably keep those 2 jewels and somehow squeeze out one more jewel socket, and I think it's perfectly fine to spec out of one life node in order to do uber since flask charges and life regen are more important than a bit more life pool.

Do you mind sharing how far you made and what went wrong in your 2 failed attempts? I know first hand that it's doable with less flask charges but requires some practice and kiting. I'm starting to wonder if you can get enough life regen with a 30% mjolner. Theoretically you should discharge less frequently, but discharge more endurance charges since you have 40% more opportunities to build up endurance charges between each discharge.

I definitely need more practice, since these were the 1st two runs using this build, I have been farming the normal atziri, but it's quite different. I will try to lvl to 93 and give another try after that.

Here are the details for the failed runs,

1st run, it was purely bad luck. got killed by trash mobs, cuz i thought my freeze removal was on my life flask. Then in vaal fight, 1st vaal disappeared right after spawn, then I got slowed by the vaal icestorm, and didn't notice the lightning flask expired and got 1shot by the lasor and ball lightning. Then in trio, cycloner cycloned when I tried to approach him, it scared me out, and used the flask charges to try to get out of degen field, and when i backed in, eva flask was empty, fought with only one armour charge and died. then the field was in a mess, I wasted the rest of the portals try to kite and fight. I guess you just can't mess at the start in trio fight.

2nd run, still died to the trash mobs once, because I got cornered by the warbands and ice totems mod rare. I backed in and replaced with molten strike, it's much more efficient i think. With 90% capped defense, it's safer than I thought. No death on vaal fight, killed cycloner and miscreation smoothly, and thought that was it, until facetanked dual striker and died, I could balance the dmg with life/ruby/armour flasks at first, then his hp just stopped dropping for like 3 sec, he actually killed me when i got ruby on, I guess that was just bad luck on the procs. Backed in , popped rf and ruby before enter, and got 1 shot before I even hit the arm/eva flasks. Learned from last death, this time, popped everything before enter the zone, and spammed 1-5 in the fight, finally killed him. With only two portals left for the atziri fight, 1st died to the overlapped flameblasts (not the dual ones, the empowered floor ones), thought i could tank that with ruby, guess I was wrong. Then used 1 ruby charge before the first split, and used the 2nd charge after they spawned and tanked the first fb, but after that, the 3rd charge just didn't come up for some reason, I was spamming it and thought it shoulda been generated normally, then got killed by the 2nd fb during the split phase, the image got like 25% hp left.

For the atziri fight, i think i should take 2 ruby flasks instead of life/ruby, downside is I can't pop life flask and regen life while kiting and dodging the fbs, but I guess we facetank for most of the time, so maybe life flask is not that important, ruby can sustain rf as well. I can also use a remove burning quicksilver between the phases. Anyway, wrote so long. Any suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by cutejerk on Jul 28, 2015, 2:30:45 PM
"
sgw9426 wrote:

I don't use clear mind because the auras we run are absolutely crucial for survivability. You can actually use any +2 mana jewels for the time being and you'll do just fine. I did my first uber with two viridian jewels with nothing but mana gained on hit and some spell crit multi. Rare gloves are far superior because I believe you get more flask charges from attack speed than spell crit, and the 80% increased mana cost means we have to either use blood magic or 4 mana gained on hit jewels. You will lose about 1/6 of your damage if you switch out clear mind/void bringer, but your survivability will improve noticeably with auras.

Swapped out Voidbringers for these:

You were absolutely right, my DPS is a lot better with those gloves than with void. Haven't gotten around to getting 2x +2 mana Viridian Jewels just yet. Going to be hard to give up my 11 IAS/9% crit chance jewel but I have complete faith in what you recommend and will make the switch.

Changing the gloves allowed me to drop my str boots for this bad boy - now my cold resistance is finally maxed and I'm feeling fearless lol:

Also swapping both of those items gained me about 400 extra HP, sitting nicely at 4,551.
Last edited by rotan on Jul 28, 2015, 3:22:12 PM
Hey. After lots of farming on warbands i've finally got my hands on a mjölner + voll's devo. Now i'm planning to respec my lvl 65 templar (fakener) into my mjölner char later. Now my question is around what lvl that would be a good idea? I dont want to start farming atziri right away when i convert, it's fine with me to start out with some mapping and get lvls there. I just dont want to convert to early and be too squishy, lack dmg etc. I also got a 84 scion i could respec tho, but i like the templar tree more.
"
cutejerk wrote:

I definitely need more practice, since these were the 1st two runs using this build, I have been farming the normal atziri, but it's quite different. I will try to lvl to 93 and give another try after that.

Here are the details for the failed runs,

1st run, it was purely bad luck. got killed by trash mobs, cuz i thought my freeze removal was on my life flask. Then in vaal fight, 1st vaal disappeared right after spawn, then I got slowed by the vaal icestorm, and didn't notice the lightning flask expired and got 1shot by the lasor and ball lightning. Then in trio, cycloner cycloned when I tried to approach him, it scared me out, and used the flask charges to try to get out of degen field, and when i backed in, eva flask was empty, fought with only one armour charge and died. then the field was in a mess, I wasted the rest of the portals try to kite and fight. I guess you just can't mess at the start in trio fight.

2nd run, still died to the trash mobs once, because I got cornered by the warbands and ice totems mod rare. I backed in and replaced with molten strike, it's much more efficient i think. With 90% capped defense, it's safer than I thought. No death on vaal fight, killed cycloner and miscreation smoothly, and thought that was it, until facetanked dual striker and died, I could balance the dmg with life/ruby/armour flasks at first, then his hp just stopped dropping for like 3 sec, he actually killed me when i got ruby on, I guess that was just bad luck on the procs. Backed in , popped rf and ruby before enter, and got 1 shot before I even hit the arm/eva flasks. Learned from last death, this time, popped everything before enter the zone, and spammed 1-5 in the fight, finally killed him. With only two portals left for the atziri fight, 1st died to the overlapped flameblasts (not the dual ones, the empowered floor ones), thought i could tank that with ruby, guess I was wrong. Then used 1 ruby charge before the first split, and used the 2nd charge after they spawned and tanked the first fb, but after that, the 3rd charge just didn't come up for some reason, I was spamming it and thought it shoulda been generated normally, then got killed by the 2nd fb during the split phase, the image got like 25% hp left.

For the atziri fight, i think i should take 2 ruby flasks instead of life/ruby, downside is I can't pop life flask and regen life while kiting and dodging the fbs, but I guess we facetank for most of the time, so maybe life flask is not that important, ruby can sustain rf as well. I can also use a remove burning quicksilver between the phases. Anyway, wrote so long. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad that you're making good progress even in failed runs, and if it's any consolation, I think you would've had it in the 2nd run if you were using a legacy mjolner.

Trash deaths should be avoided at cost, but I die to trash from time to time as well and now if I see a rippy rare or ghost I'd just skip it and come back to it later. It's really easy to outrun the trash mobs with quicksilver and devoto's.

About the last phase of the trio fight: I'm not sure if you read how the trio went for me when I forgot to wear my magnate, but I ran out of flask charges twice when I was tanking the dual striker. In this case you should kite him for a bit and lightning strike trash mobs to gain hp & flask charges. Between quicksilver, flame dash, and movement speed from devoto's, you can kite him very easily until you have full flask charges. Don't be afraid to kite the trio with quicksilvers if something goes wrong at any point in the fight. We have a LOT of movement speed, and we can usually use it to re-position ourselves into more advantageous positions.

I agree with bringing 2 ruby flasks. In between phases, you can actually regen hp with ruby flask if you take off blood rage by weapon swapping. You can also try using assassin's mark curse to get more flask charges, it's only an idea that I've been toying with, but you should get nearly double the flask charges at the cost of some damage.

Please keep us posted on your future attempts! You may very likely be one of the first few people attempting uber atziri with a 30% mjolner, and I would love to add your experience and testimony to the guide.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info