[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

Hi:-), why don´t to put CoH+Vulnerability+FA+Multistrike+L.strike(swap MStrike)+GMP in the chest?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
I believe you could remove the power charge nodes (2) from the witch and allocate them to the jewel left of templar, use the leap jewel to grab the power charge, endurance charge, and the devotion life nodes and end up saving yourself 1 point.

I was wondering from a mapping stand point (80+s) is there anything you would change setup wise? Running this currently on tempest with Grace + Determination but was thinking of switching to double purities because I think it might be overkill on the armour in maps. Perhaps aura swapping to Grace + Determination on vuln. maps

Due to me being on the temporary leagues I was wondering if anyone has tried uber with the 30% mjolner, not sure how big of a damage different and flask up-time difference they make.

Maybe cyclone with some AoE nodes would be the way to go for map clearing speed, kind of like a fakener.
Last edited by doogieboy on Jul 26, 2015, 4:51:18 AM

yolo exalted the 10% iir after the 12% AS. I wish i could yolo att speed and haku craft the +80 eva, then it woulda been almost 700 eva. But 12% as >>200eva and the chance of getting AS is so low thru yolo. I am pretty happy of getting these in warbands.

You were talking about adding LMP to the 6L to solve the new mjolner's 30% proc issue. I was thinking of linking an additional accuracy instead of LMP. Is 2 more projectiles + 10% AS better than +1034 accuracy and 20% acc. rating? Plus AA has 100% mana multiplier vs lmp's 140. Why didn't you try LMP btw, 3g3r is too hard to get?

Another issue for challenge league uber is the 85% fire res due to the saffell's 4% max res. so 98% vs 99% after flask, which can be a big deal right? twice of the fire dmg taken, not sure if you can still tank the normal flameblast with 98% fire res, it may not matter that much?

Above doogieboy's idea is pretty genius. After getting 1 more pt, you can also respec the bandit 40 life to a passive pt, this way you can use these two pts to get another jew socket. 40 life is no better than 6% life in the tree according to my calculation. 4950/(100%+171%)=1826 base life, 40*271%/1826=5.94%

So potentially you can get an improvement of
10 strength
2% life with a 8% max life roll
6% AS with 1h melee or with shield
5% AS
10% crit multi with elemental skils
Last edited by cutejerk on Jul 26, 2015, 11:11:31 AM
Your tree has +210 INT, and with your ring + voll's devotion you have a total of 279 INT? Am i missing something?
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
Your tree has +210 INT, and with your ring + voll's devotion you have a total of 279 INT? Am i missing something?

32 of witch start.
Thanks for the build, finding it very tanky and strong so far. Was able to finish act 4 merciless without a death.

Quick question...how important is the Champion of the Cause cluster? I'm thinking of reallocating those points towards the HP nodes near the Marauder starting point since I feel 4k hp is a bit lower than I'd like atm. Thanks!
"
redix27 wrote:
Hi:-), why don´t to put CoH+Vulnerability+FA+Multistrike+L.strike(swap MStrike)+GMP in the chest?

Because we want to use fortify and self-cast curses since it's an important part of our uber trio strategy.

"
doogieboy wrote:
I believe you could remove the power charge nodes (2) from the witch and allocate them to the jewel left of templar, use the leap jewel to grab the power charge, endurance charge, and the devotion life nodes and end up saving yourself 1 point.

I was wondering from a mapping stand point (80+s) is there anything you would change setup wise? Running this currently on tempest with Grace + Determination but was thinking of switching to double purities because I think it might be overkill on the armour in maps. Perhaps aura swapping to Grace + Determination on vuln. maps

Due to me being on the temporary leagues I was wondering if anyone has tried uber with the 30% mjolner, not sure how big of a damage different and flask up-time difference they make.

Maybe cyclone with some AoE nodes would be the way to go for map clearing speed, kind of like a fakener.

Yes, you do trade two charge duration nodes for a jewel socket (in which you socket leap) there, a bit of a luxury upgrade but I'll be getting it eventually.

I run two purities and grace when I map as well and I've never died to physical damage with my flasks up (besides the first time I tried 82 daresso, temp chains + chilled ground + cold damage.. Needless to say I had a humbling moment). I think being immune to fire and lightning damage is better than having 40k more armour, as long as you keep your flasks up.

I believe you should be fine with LMP and a bit more focus on attack speed and crit chance in your jewel selections. You can always bring 2 ruby flasks and 2 topaz flasks (and 1 granite) just in case, but I've never tried uber with that setup.

[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
"
cutejerk wrote:

yolo exalted the 10% iir after the 12% AS. I wish i could yolo att speed and haku craft the +80 eva, then it woulda been almost 700 eva. But 12% as >>200eva and the chance of getting AS is so low thru yolo. I am pretty happy of getting these in warbands.

You were talking about adding LMP to the 6L to solve the new mjolner's 30% proc issue. I was thinking of linking an additional accuracy instead of LMP. Is 2 more projectiles + 10% AS better than +1034 accuracy and 20% acc. rating? Plus AA has 100% mana multiplier vs lmp's 140. Why didn't you try LMP btw, 3g3r is too hard to get?

Another issue for challenge league uber is the 85% fire res due to the saffell's 4% max res. so 98% vs 99% after flask, which can be a big deal right? twice of the fire dmg taken, not sure if you can still tank the normal flameblast with 98% fire res, it may not matter that much?

Above doogieboy's idea is pretty genius. After getting 1 more pt, you can also respec the bandit 40 life to a passive pt, this way you can use these two pts to get another jew socket. 40 life is no better than 6% life in the tree according to my calculation. 4950/(100%+171%)=1826 base life, 40*271%/1826=5.94%

So potentially you can get an improvement of
10 strength
2% life with a 8% max life roll
6% AS with 1h melee or with shield
5% AS
10% crit multi with elemental skils

Nice gloves!

Additional accuracy actually doesn't matter against uber because she has unwavering. 3g3r is hard to get but not impossible. I just like lightning strike a lot more for the utility and clearing speed.

You will do fine with 98% fire res in uber. I don't really lose any life from her flameblasts with 99% resist so I imagine taking twice the damage won't be a big deal either.

It's true that 6% life is better than 40 flat life, but don't forget you're actually spending another passive point to get the jewel slot. If you invest that point into a 5% life node which I have available on my tree right now, the comparison becomes 40 flat life + 5% life vs 10 stats and 1 jewel node. Since the maximum life you can roll on jewels is actually 7% now (stealth nerf.. ikr), you're looking at effectively 11% life versus 7% life and whatever else the jewel has.

That being said, you can respec both normal and cruel bandit choices into passive points when you get really good jewels. It becomes a matter of preference and small optimization at this point which was not where I was at when I wrote the guide :)

"
rotan wrote:
Thanks for the build, finding it very tanky and strong so far. Was able to finish act 4 merciless without a death.

Quick question...how important is the Champion of the Cause cluster? I'm thinking of reallocating those points towards the HP nodes near the Marauder starting point since I feel 4k hp is a bit lower than I'd like atm. Thanks!

Since I don't level 3 enlighten, I have to take the cluster for the 4% aura reduction so I have enough mana to use my attacks, plus the cluster gives 12% aura effect which is just enough to get 5% max res out of level 20 purities.

If you have level 4 enlighten, there are 2 things you can do:

You can regret the cluster completely, you will gain 3 points but lose 1 max fire/lightning res, some evasion and resists.

You can regret the notable, and the aura radius nodes of the champion of the cause cluster, and take the 6% aura effect node from the sovereignty cluster. You save one point with no downside besides losing aura AoE.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
"
sgw9426 wrote:

That being said, you can respec both normal and cruel bandit choices into passive points when you get really good jewels. It becomes a matter of preference and small optimization at this point which was not where I was at when I wrote the guide :)

I meant after you free a pts using the leap jew, you can respec the 40 life for a jew socket. Or just as you said use the freed pt to get 5% life. Courious what you would do? I kinda think 10 str/dex + 7% life + some AS/multi/mana gain on hit should beat the 11% life option, don't you think.

Another question, do you use rf all the time or just use it against the bosses.
"
sgw9426 wrote:

I meant after you free a pts using the leap jew, you can respec the 40 life for a jew socket. Or just as you said use the freed pt to get 5% life. Courious what you would do? I kinda think 10 str/dex + 7% life + some AS/multi/mana gain on hit should beat the 11% life option, don't you think.

Another question, do you use rf all the time or just use it against the bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info