[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

Can we use a rare shield with 100 life, 100 crit, spell dmg and res for the trio fight and also mobs between boss zones? can be a big buff of hp and dmg, it also gives some block for physical dmg attacks.

Or is saffell better for some particular reason? I really can't see, cuz there is nothing to block there, these are all attacks. Maybe for the dual strike's fire dmg? that 4-5% max res would matter a lot?
Last edited by taorong0327 on Jul 27, 2015, 12:07:17 AM
"
cutejerk wrote:
"
sgw9426 wrote:

That being said, you can respec both normal and cruel bandit choices into passive points when you get really good jewels. It becomes a matter of preference and small optimization at this point which was not where I was at when I wrote the guide :)

I meant after you free a pts using the leap jew, you can respec the 40 life for a jew socket. Or just as you said use the freed pt to get 5% life. Courious what you would do? I kinda think 10 str/dex + 7% life + some AS/multi/mana gain on hit should beat the 11% life option, don't you think.

Another question, do you use rf all the time or just use it against the bosses.

I've yet to look into good spell damage jewels but I think eventually it's worth regretting some non trivial nodes in order to socket "GG" jewels.

I rf for bosses only but when I chain apex I rf the entire run.

"
taorong0327 wrote:
Can we use a rare shield with 100 life, 100 crit, spell dmg and res for the trio fight and also mobs between boss zones? can be a big buff of hp and dmg, it also gives some block for physical dmg attacks.

Or is saffell better for some particular reason? I really can't see, cuz there is nothing to block there, these are all attacks. Maybe for the dual strike's fire dmg? that 4-5% max res would matter a lot?

A rare shield is absolutely better for uber trash unless you run into something like the herald of thunder nemesis modded rare or even torment ghosts. You need the saffell's max fire resist against dual striker's reflect (read my main guide, I quoted skieZ who did an incredible job descripting what the dual striker's enrage does). Plus the spell block is always nice for the phys rain spell.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
"
sgw9426 wrote:

A rare shield is absolutely better for uber trash unless you run into something like the herald of thunder nemesis modded rare or even torment ghosts. You need the saffell's max fire resist against dual striker's reflect (read my main guide, I quoted skieZ who did an incredible job descripting what the dual striker's enrage does). Plus the spell block is always nice for the phys rain spell.

Rain of arrow is attack i think. I think I will get a rare shield and test it. the worse case will be I die to dual striker, then I switch back to saffell, and go back to kill him.

Do you think a lvl 21 discharge is better than a 20/20 discharge for uber?

When clearing trash mobs, do you use lightning strike or molten strike?

btw why don't use summon chaos goelm in your cwdt? should be much easier to cap to 90%.
Last edited by taorong0327 on Jul 27, 2015, 1:28:45 AM
Don´t you think it´s better to swap MStrike/LStrike by Blood Magic and try to craft better jewels?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
taorong0327 wrote:
"
sgw9426 wrote:

Rain of arrow is attack i think. I think I will get a rare shield and test it. the worse case will be I die to dual striker, then I switch back to saffell, and go back to kill him.

Do you think a lvl 21 discharge is better than a 20/20 discharge for uber?

When clearing trash mobs, do you use lightning strike or molten strike?

btw why don't use summon chaos goelm in your cwdt? should be much easier to cap to 90%.

The rain she does is a spell much like firestorm/ice storm, but physical damage.

A level 21 discharge is absolutely better than 20/20 discharge, no contest here.

I use lightning strike to clear trash.. I don't use golems because I don't have enough sockets and I want to use my portal. My swap weapons have either 6 emp/enlighten or spells I'm leveling.

"
redix27 wrote:
Don´t you think it´s better to swap MStrike/LStrike by Blood Magic and try to craft better jewels?

You can craft viridian jewels with global damage, life, attack speed, and mana gained on hit. The attack speed from jewels actually scales really well because we don't have much attack speed in tree, and I believe it's overall better than crafting spell damage. The point is you should aim for viridian jewels with good stats AND mana gained on hit so the jewel sockets don't feel "wasted".

I believe lightning strike is a must have: I wouldn't have pulled off 1/3 of my deathless vaal/trio fights if I didn't have lightning strike.
Just did an almost deathless run with headhunter (accidentally). This shows that doing uber with a non-legacy mjolner may be very viable. See the beginning of my main guide for full story and my analysis :)
can you throw some videos?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Decided to make one, currently level 86 on warbands
my gear:

Spoiler

I threw this together in one day of trading and some re-speccing. I can handle level 80 maps solo no problem. My gems need a lot of leveling and quality too. Also not running grace or iron reflexes yet and still have high survivability.

I definitely want to give uber atziri a few tries, I've been sitting on some mortal hopes in my stash. Plan on leveling my gems and 20q them first, definitely going to get 21/20 discharge, 21/20 arc and level 21 PoF/PoL as I level up, also plan on making upgrades to my gear as I go along before I attempt her. What level should I reach before I attempt her? I was thinking 90-92?

Hoping to see some improvements in DPS as I level and make upgrades, but I don't know if it will be enough. I had a low-life shavs mjolner build before awakening. It had only 20/20 gems and absolutely crushed uber atziri. Between not having pre-awakening blood rage attack speed and a legacy mjolner, I seem so much weaker, even when I take into considering the dps I would do with 21/20 gems.
"
sgw9426 wrote:

Since I don't level 3 enlighten, I have to take the cluster for the 4% aura reduction so I have enough mana to use my attacks, plus the cluster gives 12% aura effect which is just enough to get 5% max res out of level 20 purities.

If you have level 4 enlighten, there are 2 things you can do:

You can regret the cluster completely, you will gain 3 points but lose 1 max fire/lightning res, some evasion and resists.

You can regret the notable, and the aura radius nodes of the champion of the cause cluster, and take the 6% aura effect node from the sovereignty cluster. You save one point with no downside besides losing aura AoE.

I decided just to leave the nodes as they are for the extra resists/evasion.

I am currently using a 60% Clear Mind as one of my jewel choices, should I replace that with an IAS jewel?

I do not use mana on my build for attacking, I swap out LS/Magma when it comes to boss fights. It's a pain in the ass but I don't have any good +2 mana jewels after spending over an exalts worth trying to craft just one. Currently using Voidbringers but I am in dire need of cold resist and might look to replace them with a nice cold resist/life/IAS gloves if I can find one. Will my DPS take a big hit in doing so?
"
zeldzioszka wrote:
can you throw some videos?

I can't record videos with my setup but I've asked a friend to record some uber runs for this guide

"
Pogrom123 wrote:
Decided to make one, currently level 86 on warbands
my gear:

Spoiler

I threw this together in one day of trading and some re-speccing. I can handle level 80 maps solo no problem. My gems need a lot of leveling and quality too. Also not running grace or iron reflexes yet and still have high survivability.

I definitely want to give uber atziri a few tries, I've been sitting on some mortal hopes in my stash. Plan on leveling my gems and 20q them first, definitely going to get 21/20 discharge, 21/20 arc and level 21 PoF/PoL as I level up, also plan on making upgrades to my gear as I go along before I attempt her. What level should I reach before I attempt her? I was thinking 90-92?

Hoping to see some improvements in DPS as I level and make upgrades, but I don't know if it will be enough. I had a low-life shavs mjolner build before awakening. It had only 20/20 gems and absolutely crushed uber atziri. Between not having pre-awakening blood rage attack speed and a legacy mjolner, I seem so much weaker, even when I take into considering the dps I would do with 21/20 gems.

Good to hear!

You actually don't need level 20 purities with this build. I'm still using a 20/20 arc but I strongly recommend using 21/20 discharge for uber. 90~92 sound good for uber, you should shoot for high 4k life, 50k+ armour for trio and a high attack speed (at least 5.5 with a non-legacy mjolner).

This build is not a damage oriented build, despite having similar damage potentials as its low life counterpart due to iron will. The true power of this build lies in its capability of literally facetanking anything forever due to insane regen, mitigation, and unlimited flask charges.

"
rotan wrote:
"
sgw9426 wrote:

Since I don't level 3 enlighten, I have to take the cluster for the 4% aura reduction so I have enough mana to use my attacks, plus the cluster gives 12% aura effect which is just enough to get 5% max res out of level 20 purities.

If you have level 4 enlighten, there are 2 things you can do:

You can regret the cluster completely, you will gain 3 points but lose 1 max fire/lightning res, some evasion and resists.

You can regret the notable, and the aura radius nodes of the champion of the cause cluster, and take the 6% aura effect node from the sovereignty cluster. You save one point with no downside besides losing aura AoE.

I decided just to leave the nodes as they are for the extra resists/evasion.

I am currently using a 60% Clear Mind as one of my jewel choices, should I replace that with an IAS jewel?

I do not use mana on my build for attacking, I swap out LS/Magma when it comes to boss fights. It's a pain in the ass but I don't have any good +2 mana jewels after spending over an exalts worth trying to craft just one. Currently using Voidbringers but I am in dire need of cold resist and might look to replace them with a nice cold resist/life/IAS gloves if I can find one. Will my DPS take a big hit in doing so?

I don't use clear mind because the auras we run are absolutely crucial for survivability. You can actually use any +2 mana jewels for the time being and you'll do just fine. I did my first uber with two viridian jewels with nothing but mana gained on hit and some spell crit multi. Rare gloves are far superior because I believe you get more flask charges from attack speed than spell crit, and the 80% increased mana cost means we have to either use blood magic or 4 mana gained on hit jewels. You will lose about 1/6 of your damage if you switch out clear mind/void bringer, but your survivability will improve noticeably with auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info