[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given that curses cannot penetrate maxed resistances which are stacked, and penetration always penetrates (i.e., it ignores stacking), isn't lightning penetration always the more flexible / superior choice over iron will except for the following?

1. Going against (and using conductivity on) tough bosses that you know do not have stacked (>115%) lightning resistance.

2. Showing off your damage numbers in a screenshot.

Edit:

Discharge is an important exception to the above, if you are generating endurance and frenzy charges as well (and you should be, if you are using discharge), because it deals non-lightning elemental damage as well, which benefits from Iron Will but not Lightning Penetration.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jan 31, 2016, 11:33:48 PM
is the superior choice.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕗᕙ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ IGN Exoj ░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕙᕗ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Why use grace instead of arctic armor?
Using grace, we get more armor and more physical damage reduction.
Using arctic armor, we got both physical damage reduction and fire damage reduction on top of armor and resist.

Seems arctic armor is great for this case. And it only reserve 25% mana.
i see you have lightning strike + molten strike in your 6 link. i'm breaking my balls over simple question, WHY? :P i can't figure out how what else to put there, since i'm only using molten strike, i simply can't get it. what would be better altertnative to LS? bloodmagic maybe?
"
Hess1an wrote:
i see you have lightning strike + molten strike in your 6 link. i'm breaking my balls over simple question, WHY? :P i can't figure out how what else to put there, since i'm only using molten strike, i simply can't get it. what would be better altertnative to LS? bloodmagic maybe?

Blood Magic is a red gem whereas Lightning strike is a green gem now. The best alternative would be a LMP in additon to that GMP. Seeing as this build thrives on mana on hit jewels, I don't see why you would need blood magic.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
Hess1an wrote:

LS is better for mobs because of +1 chain on Mjolner. MS is better for single target because the projectile AoE can overlap 1 target. If you want to use MS only, put LMP instead of LS. If you use LS and drop Fortify, you can put Chain gem for more explosions. But getting 4 Green on Kingsguard is hard.
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
"
Shacheh wrote:
is the superior choice.

Did you test it on mobs that have enough life to see if they die faster?
What gems do you have on your Mjölner instead of Iron Will? Lightning Penetration maybe?
"
intre wrote:
"
Shacheh wrote:
is the superior choice.

Did you test it on mobs that have enough life to see if they die faster?
What gems do you have on your Mjölner instead of Iron Will? Lightning Penetration maybe?

I am playing in Talismna so I tried this with increased critical strikes on Mjolner to increase spell crit and get more flask charges. Turn out it is still not enough to maintain flasks during fight with Atziri. So I changed back to rare gloves with life, attack speed, accuracy and resist.
I am about to try uber in talisman which is really scary due to legacy mjolner and legacy surgeon flasks.

By testing with normal atziri, my solution is preparing 2 ruby 2 topaz and 1 quicksilver for uber atziri. In this way I would have flasks up all the time. The only downside is no granite and I have no idea if I will be one shot by spear throw. One may change quicksilver to granite but then I am not sure if I am able to run away from double flameblast. Checking poe.db, no damage information on spear throw, so I will just cross my fingers even if I got one shot by spear throw I still have enough portal... Anyway this would be my first ever uber run so failure is OK right.
Last edited by hupple on Feb 22, 2016, 8:19:01 AM
Just did my first ever Uber. Use all portals but I killed her!
And this is in Talisman. I am kinda proud of myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info