[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

"
redix27 wrote:
"
intre wrote:
Just failed my 2 first uber sets.
Trash mobs are easy.
Vaals look like they are easy.
First run I got killed twice at trio. First death I was out of pots. Second death was to running by mistake to the opposite side of the dual striker and minions gunned at me. The remaining times I was killed by Uber Atziri, don't really know why. My resists are 98 and 97 to fire and lightning, and I got 4430 life. I had always my pots on. Maybe 5.21 of aps is not enough?

1-If you take EB... why not MOM too? (And you would need x4 jewels with 3 ES hit ...)
2-Better take jewels with "+2 mana gained when hit enemies..." and you´ll save 5 nodes on your tree
3-If you need to run AA, just remove Pure of Light. in Trio
4-Your BR gives you only 12%AS , just leveled until Lv20 for 20%AS + EnhanceLv3 (+4%AS)(if you need more AS)
5-Try to get a +1 Magnate Belt or even another one with STR+LIFE+RES

1- Because I've got 28 mana left only. MoM only works if you've got enough free mana to spend on hits. With like 600ES available, one hit and I'm out of mana to attack.
2- I would save 4 nodes, because I get 40 Int on the path and that saves me from getting a +30 Int node. I used 2 of those jewels, but with so low mana left I was running out of mana pretty fast when I did not hit any mob.
3- I did. I think I have to get used to trio, dying to them was my fault. The second run I died like 4 times to them because I missed to kill the titty bitch second. Now I know why you must curse her with Elemental Weakness. But the problem is that when I start killing the cycloner, the dual striker comes and gets some too. Anyway, my problem is with Atziri.
4- I have only a BR low level on my cwdt setup. I think I should switch some of my jewels to aps ones instead of damage ones so I would get more life from chest.
5- The one I'm using saves me some +30 points of str and int.

Spoiler

This is my current tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAZEB5wSzBS0FQg3NDlwRLRLhFCAUTRZvFy8YkRkuGjgaPhv6HM4c3B0UIG4hYCXfJy8n7SkuKaUrUCycLR8t0jH7MtE26DrYPQ9AoEGWRKtFR0V-RrdMs1AwVa5V1lcNXhNfP2FSZOdmVGhlaPJq-nTxeu98g3y4fLt_44CkggeCEIIegpuFe4ZgjmSPGo9Gj6aQVZHOktCVIJZsmjuezZ_LogCkGacIpzCtja6zr6e2LLb6vJ_AZsHzxPbPftD10iHTb9lh2wvfsOFz42rr7uw47w7vTvAf8azyQfOb96b60vxL_lQ=

By the way, I was thinking in switching Arc to Concentrated Effect for the Atziri fight.
Last edited by intre on Aug 22, 2015, 8:12:53 AM
"
intre wrote:

By the way, I was thinking in switching Arc to Concentrated Effect for the Atziri fight.

Mmmm be aware of Phase Atziri with the mirror...can be dangerous even with 98/97 res...

Also, a double flameblast from UBER can one-shot kill you (even if you have 100% fire res) because her fire penetration..

Maybe, would be a nice idea to put blood magic and re-chromming GG-RRR...for mana/ES problems¿?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Aug 22, 2015, 9:11:35 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
"
intre wrote:

Mmmm be aware of Phase Atziri with the mirror...can be dangerous even with 98/97 res...

Also, a double flameblast from UBER can one-shot kill you (even if you have 100% fire res) because her fire penetration..

Maybe, would be a nice idea to put blood magic and re-chromming GG-RRR...for mana/ES problems¿?

Yes I always choose a different one, I'm used to it. I spent +1.5k chroms in it, I'm not chroming it again and you would lose some dps.
I´m still at lv88 with the templar, atm i´m using Clarity with Blood magic because i have only 1 jewel with +2mana on hit, when i get the another one i will test mana hit with 1 Atziri Run.

Btw, i tried a few days ago UBEr with another character (not this build), and i killed Cyclone but then i died maybe because degen on the floor (with BR and RF up) and was impossible to re-enter at the room....everytime i go inside...i die in a few seconds...(again with BR and RF up) :(

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Hi :) The link for the Witch/Templar/Marauder tree only shows the Witch one. For Templars, do we just get to the closest nodes on the main path and continue from there?
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Hello, trying this build out in Warbands, running a cheap man's version (no Voll's Devotion, enlighten only level 2 etc.).

Some stuff occured to me that could be helpful to every stage of this build.

1.) Why not use arctic armour instead of grace?

1a.) You can reach 90% damage reduction without grace.
1b.) I know that more armour gives more reduction even if you cap due to large hit mitigation mechanics. (90% doesn't mean much, more armour is better yes yes).

1c.) However after reaching a certain threshold (which is like 30k armour in our build), adding grace in doesn't matter much for big hits anyway, because you need 20 times the armour to mitigate a large amount of big hits.
1d.) Using arctic armour means 13% less physical damage and 13% less fire damage taken, which I think the additional armour from grace can never provide (most of our armour comes from 100% increased armour / evasion granite / jade flasks anyway). Keep in mind less is multiplicative with fortify and nodes like soul of steel etc!!!
1e.) This doesn't apply when kiting (moving) I know, but while attacking we stand still anyway.
1f.) You gain 2 4% mana reservation reduction nodes, or you can even use empower to get 23% purities and better arctic armour without item +1 corruptions, alphas howl and such)

So using arctic armour is a win-win situation.

2.) Why not use different pathing and take unyielding node to get 4-6% ish reduction from all critical damage, since those crits are what would kill us anyway (atziri spear crits for example) since armour is less effective against those kinds of high damage.

Here is a tree that I came up with for this purpose (I recommend taking skill point in cruel instead of attack speed, and I also recommend taking more jewel nodes with higher levels since you can obtain up to 18% attack speed per jewel) - (Optimum class = Definitely marauder):

Comparison of my tree against yours (notable differences):

+2 jewel sockets (spell damage, attack speed, spell crit, life, all resist, whatever you want)
+2% armour
+24% evasion
+100 strength
+36 life
+20 dexterity
+0.5% life regenerated per second
+20% accuracy
+12% attack speed
+6% aura effectiveness
+ "20% reduced damage taken from critical strikes"

-8% reduced mana reserved
-27% all elemental resistances
-26% elemental damage
-58% spell damage
-5% to shock freeze ignite
-5% life

Well, its preference of course, but using the pathing I have I think you can get far more flask procs, discharge/arc procs via attack speed/accuracy increases, be more defensive via the additional +life and +strength, have more movement speed and can cover the lack of 64% spell damage via jewels though with righteous fire and iron will I don't think it would make a hell of a difference (going other stuff at jewels is better).

Put a lot of thought into this, I would appreciate if you can have a look at it, happy gaming!
Last edited by Mothren on Sep 10, 2015, 10:24:42 AM
Most times I got killed, it was because of a lots of mob hits at the same time while I was moving, so AA would not work in that scenario.
Do an Uber Atziri and tank trash mobs to test your set-up.
But yes, I was thinking in a slightly different tree from mine and take the Unyielding node, but getting a bit lower life and 1 more jewel socket, which I could use for Anatomical Knowledge.
Last edited by intre on Aug 25, 2015, 4:06:07 PM
Ive been mucking around with scolds bridle and void bringers to try and proc immortal call seems to work ok but its not to reliable . Has anyone done the math on it, i can def proc immortal call just by spamming molten/lightning strike (lvl 1 bm higher lvl ls/ms) but often takes between 1-3 secs (not including the ic timer).
Gear
Spoiler
I am running artic armour at the moment but doesnt seem to make to much diff.
Btw i like your tree mothran you could perhaps take rt since you pass right by it?
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 26, 2015, 12:02:10 AM
Well, those days doing Atziri´s run (hoping drop a hope!) and testing variants of this build, today i´ve tested run entire Apex without granite / jade flasks, also, remove Safell´s and put Rise of Phoenix!

Flasks used:

Spoiler

Video

Notes:

1º)I got less damage from Trio than using Safell´s + Jade/Granite!

I suggest...use RoP with Trio at UBER because we can get 100% fire res against Dual Str. and we get 24% chance to block. (Even we can put Tempest Shield for 3% extra chance block)

2º)Using Blood Magic gem after testing Mana gained on Hit and ES gained on hit.

Also, my passive tree has been changed

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Aug 26, 2015, 9:31:44 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
Well, those days doing Atziri´s run (hoping drop a hope!) and testing variants of this build, today i´ve tested run entire Apex without granite / jade flasks, also, remove Safell´s and put Rise of Phoenix!

Flasks used:

Spoiler

Video

Notes:

1º)I got less damage from Trio than using Safell´s + Jade/Granite!

I suggest...use RoP with Trio at UBER because we can get 100% fire res against Dual Str. and we get 24% chance to block. (Even we can put Tempest Shield for 3% extra chance block)

2º)Using Blood Magic gem after testing Mana gained on Hit and ES gained on hit.

Also, my passive tree has been changed

Of course you get less damage. That's because Saffell's cannot block attacks, only spells, and Trio do attacks. That's why I don't understand why the OP suggests to use a Rumi's after failing the Trio for the first time, as it should do nothing to block them.

BTW with your new tree you get 2 less endurance charges. ?
Last edited by intre on Aug 26, 2015, 10:59:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info