[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
Abletto wrote:
"
Gerwim wrote:
Regarding weapons, can't find any decent sword (alteast on trade: http://poe.trade/search/iritahautomeha) to get the 5L/6L for single target.

First off, I don't even see a Vaal Double Strike gem you're using? Not even a 3L but maybe I'm just blind.

And those weps you listed would be a good start. At least it'll boost your Vaal link much more so than a Scaeva (which isn't doing much tbh).

Check out some of the ones similar to mine: http://poe.trade/search/aguhoyasitakek

You get 30% Physical to Ele Conversion, Crit Chance, Crit Multi, and possibly a pseudo 5L for your Vaal Double Strike. All for a handful of chaos. Major upgrade. Your Ahn's looks good so you should be set there.

Next I would drop Haemophilia and pick up an 120% Crit Multi Abyssus, with as low Extra Physical Damage Taken % as you can find.

I don't know if you're just doing IIR/IIQ mapping but there's definitely room for improvement in your Rings/Amulet as well. Try to get Steel Rings with either Explicit # to # Physical Damage to Attacks or even grab a few Essence of Hysteria and try to get one with 10% Physical to Fire and + Life.

Last but not least I think Melee Physical Damage Support Q20 would be a far greater DPS boost than Faster Attacks in your normal Double Strike steup. With Undeniable from Juggernaut ascendancy you should have at least 3.00 APS which is already respectable.

Hopefully that gives you a place to at least start and shouldn't be too hard to get that sorted out as all the gear is quite cheap at this point in the league.

Here's a link to my gear so you have a comparison: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Abletto/characters

I checked your gear, and I was wondering where you get your resists. From my count you shouldn't be maxed out.
What is the advantage of unduring cry? Only taunt? Protect our friends? Usually I m playing solo. am I must use enduring cry?

I'm a little lost on when to improve next in terms of gear. Any recommendations?

Also, I was trying to get the Double Strike enchant for my Abyssus, but I don't think is feasible. What do you think?
"
lpcinder wrote:
"
Woozywyvern wrote:
I am using this build to attempt to get to mapping for the first time. I am enjoying it immensely, and have got further with this than any other builds. A question though, we can slot 8 skills on our toolbar.

3 Versions of Double Strike.
Warchief Totem
Whirling Blades.
Herald of Ice
Hatred
Enduring Cry

So I have no space for Bloodrage as an active skill on the tool bar.

I realise I may be doing (or missing) something really stupid, but can't for the life of me see what. Can anyone point me to my error please?

Thanks

Ww

I activate auras, then put other skills in their slots. Your auras will remain active. On my bar I have movement skill, vaal DS, single target DS, AOE DS and warchief totem. Enduring cry works automatic if you have your ascendency. Bloodrage is also on my bar or mouse. It should work :D

ALso you dont need the 3rd double strike provided from your weapon. the vaal version is more than enough, since the 6L chest you are using is giving your more dps than the weapon slot
ahn's might be better than scaeva?
"
igorcastroo wrote:
ahn's might be better than scaeva?

I'm using a decent rolled Ahn's Might that I bought for 1c and it was a slight improvement.
"
MrHarp wrote:
I'm using a decent rolled Ahn's Might that I bought for 1c and it was a slight improvement.

I also noticed an improvement in the damage
Last edited by igorcastroo on Sep 19, 2018, 4:48:21 PM
"
lpcinder wrote:

I checked your gear, and I was wondering where you get your resists. From my count you shouldn't be maxed out.

Mostly on my Body Armor/Boots/Belt, with a little extra on a ring and gloves. I'm also getting 15% from Alira bonus. I wanted the Res + Crit Multi more than an extra Jewel slot so I didn't follow the build on that one.

But if you are following the build guide you should have an extra 15% from Diamond Skin. I also skipped that to make up for the loss in passive points but it all evens out in the end really.

I suppose you could take Diamond Skin + Alira bonus if you really wanted to free up slots on gear but I didn't find it necessary.
Last edited by Abletto on Sep 19, 2018, 10:41:27 PM
Ok so i am currently using this setup

AND... i only have like 55 mana for me to use.. do I activate all 3 skills at the same time or am i doing something wrong with my mana management?
"
Camatoo wrote:
ALso you dont need the 3rd double strike provided from your weapon. the vaal version is more than enough, since the 6L chest you are using is giving your more dps than the weapon slot

Sorry if I'm being stupid but can I just clraify on this point please? :)

I currently have as active.
1 Double Strike Gem set for clearing.
1 Vaal Double Strike Set for Bosses Using the standard Double Strike Version
The Same Vaal Double Strike Gem Vaal Version for tough boss fights.

Should I just drop the Vaal Double Strike 'Standard Attack' and have only the 'Vaal' version active from this gem and let the Vaal version activate whenever ready? (I had been reserving the Vaal activation for tough boss fights).

Thanks, sorry for my lack of understanding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info