[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Hi, casual Poe Newb here, im now at Level 85 and im still not able to handle Atziri or Uber Lab

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AnguishAndAgony/characters

What should i focus next on the Build?
"
Camatoo wrote:

But you dont need to use the normal DS in your mainweapon, do you?
You could also swap the single target skills in your 6L chest to AOE (since they deal more damage on max level than your 5l shaper weapon) might be a bit overkill thought

No of course not. Your main AoE DS should be slotted in chest. As far as putting your Vaal link into your chest for a true Lvl 20 6 link I don't see any reason why you couldn't for bosses.

But your clear speed would go to *&#t so if there are any adds whatsoever it may prove difficult, although Warchief can probably handle anything other than an Abyss/Breach by itself.

"
Sombra1337 wrote:

I still dont get this. You give up the stat stick no? Isnt that a huge damage loss? Can anyone explain?

For me, not really. My shaped Sorrow Rend is giving me 32% Physical to Fire, crit chance, and crit multi. The main point of using it is to boost my single target DPS with pseudo links and I'm still getting a fair bit of overall boost from it as well.

I think ideally, your pseudo link Vaal setup should be in your main hand WITH an additional stat stick on top of that. But since finding a Shaped main hand with pseudo-6 Link and over 350+ pDPS will cost you around 15 - 100 exalt (or a lot of luck) I couldn't really justify trying to copy the OPs gear.

Remember that for purposes of Double Strike it will always use your main hand to attack. That's why it's important for this build to have a HIGH PHYSICAL DAMAGE main hand weapon.

Therefore, my stat stick is still a stat stick to boost damage it's just more geared for single target than something with 60% conversion. Why boost your clear speed another 10-20k when you can boost your single target past 200k?

That's my logic, anyway. An extra 30% conversion doesn't do much for me, but pushing Vaal Double Strike to 33k (Vaal clones) and 220k single target makes life a lot easier.

"
Gerwim wrote:

This does not make sense, because the Double Strike version (of the Vaal gem) has way lower DPS than the normal Double Strike version. Vaal version has (0% quality) 70% of base damage and lower phyiscal dmg for bleeding targets than the normal one.

You should be using Vaal Double Strike > Melee Physical Damage Support > Bloodlust > Increased Critical Strikes > Added Fire Damage/Multistrike/Maim.

So if your Vaal link is only a 3L and you're not using a pseudo 6 link then of course it will be a lot less damage.

If you post your gear maybe we can help out further, but ideally your single target DPS should be quite a lot higher than your clear speed tooltip. Really hard to say why it isn't without further info.
Sorry, now im pretty confused for slotting the vaal double strike in the correct piece of armor.

Maybe i dont understand it correctly because of language barrier.

Skills in my chest (6L brass):

those are meant for AOE clearing, for bossing i would swap ancestral call and melee splash against ruthless and brutality, since totem should take care of them anyway.

in my weapon
i would use

all the time. this gives me a effective 5L Vaal strike.

This vaal strike im using after the 6L normal version applied bleeding to the boss for maximum damage output. Or should i use bloodlust instead of Ruthless in the weapon?

"
Camatoo wrote:

This vaal strike im using after the 6L normal version applied bleeding to the boss for maximum damage output. Or should i use bloodlust instead of Ruthless in the weapon?

What you're doing is fine. No issue swapping Splash/Ancestral Call for more single target.

But you should absolutely use Bloodlust in the weapon. It's a huge amount of single target flat damage to help take care of bosses.

"
Gerwim wrote:

This does not make sense, because the Double Strike version (of the Vaal gem) has way lower DPS than the normal Double Strike version. Vaal version has (0% quality) 70% of base damage and lower phyiscal dmg for bleeding targets than the normal one.

You should be using Vaal Double Strike > Melee Physical Damage Support > Bloodlust > Increased Critical Strikes > Added Fire Damage/Multistrike/Maim.

So if your Vaal link is only a 3L and you're not using a pseudo 6 link then of course it will be a lot less damage.

If you post your gear maybe we can help out further, but ideally your single target DPS should be quite a lot higher than your clear speed tooltip. Really hard to say why it isn't without further info. [/quote]

My gear can be found at https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Gerwim/characters

I have the brass vest (in my stash, just need more fusings to get the links rights, sigh).

Regarding weapons, can't find any decent sword (alteast on trade: http://poe.trade/search/iritahautomeha) to get the 5L/6L for single target.
"
Gerwim wrote:
Regarding weapons, can't find any decent sword (alteast on trade: http://poe.trade/search/iritahautomeha) to get the 5L/6L for single target.

First off, I don't even see a Vaal Double Strike gem you're using? Not even a 3L but maybe I'm just blind.

And those weps you listed would be a good start. At least it'll boost your Vaal link much more so than a Scaeva (which isn't doing much tbh).

Check out some of the ones similar to mine: http://poe.trade/search/aguhoyasitakek

You get 30% Physical to Ele Conversion, Crit Chance, Crit Multi, and possibly a pseudo 5L for your Vaal Double Strike. All for a handful of chaos. Major upgrade. Your Ahn's looks good so you should be set there.

Next I would drop Haemophilia and pick up an 120% Crit Multi Abyssus, with as low Extra Physical Damage Taken % as you can find.

I don't know if you're just doing IIR/IIQ mapping but there's definitely room for improvement in your Rings/Amulet as well. Try to get Steel Rings with either Explicit # to # Physical Damage to Attacks or even grab a few Essence of Hysteria and try to get one with 10% Physical to Fire and + Life.

Last but not least I think Melee Physical Damage Support Q20 would be a far greater DPS boost than Faster Attacks in your normal Double Strike steup. With Undeniable from Juggernaut ascendancy you should have at least 3.00 APS which is already respectable.

Hopefully that gives you a place to at least start and shouldn't be too hard to get that sorted out as all the gear is quite cheap at this point in the league.

Here's a link to my gear so you have a comparison: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Abletto/characters
Last edited by Abletto on Sep 18, 2018, 5:53:27 PM
Thanks for the clarification @Abletto

Had a longer break with POE, i was quite confused that vall skills now also provide their normal counterpart.
I am using this build to attempt to get to mapping for the first time. I am enjoying it immensely, and have got further with this than any other builds. A question though, we can slot 8 skills on our toolbar.

3 Versions of Double Strike.
Warchief Totem
Whirling Blades.
Herald of Ice
Hatred
Enduring Cry

So I have no space for Bloodrage as an active skill on the tool bar.

I realise I may be doing (or missing) something really stupid, but can't for the life of me see what. Can anyone point me to my error please?

Thanks

Ww

looking around for a good Delve build.
Can you give me a rough amount of the exalted you have to spend to reach the Uber Elder ?
About delve depths, how deep can you go?
Last edited by ThoryX on Sep 19, 2018, 7:08:33 AM
"
Woozywyvern wrote:
I am using this build to attempt to get to mapping for the first time. I am enjoying it immensely, and have got further with this than any other builds. A question though, we can slot 8 skills on our toolbar.

3 Versions of Double Strike.
Warchief Totem
Whirling Blades.
Herald of Ice
Hatred
Enduring Cry

So I have no space for Bloodrage as an active skill on the tool bar.

I realise I may be doing (or missing) something really stupid, but can't for the life of me see what. Can anyone point me to my error please?

Thanks

Ww

I activate auras, then put other skills in their slots. Your auras will remain active. On my bar I have movement skill, vaal DS, single target DS, AOE DS and warchief totem. Enduring cry works automatic if you have your ascendency. Bloodrage is also on my bar or mouse. It should work :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info