[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

I feel like my life is a little low. Guide mentions he has 4k+ when facing Kitava but I don't even have 4k and I'm almost level 80. I don't ever die basically, but why is my life so low?

Also, what piece of gear would you say I should upgrade first? I have around 1 ex to spend.

P.S. this build is a blast!
"
MrHarp wrote:
I feel like my life is a little low. Guide mentions he has 4k+ when facing Kitava but I don't even have 4k and I'm almost level 80. I don't ever die basically, but why is my life so low?

Also, what piece of gear would you say I should upgrade first? I have around 1 ex to spend.

Check what kind of passive tree you need to have on your level, read the guide again, it has all the information you need.

Here is what is wrong with your tree. If you have refund points, you need to get rid of "Two Handed Melee Damage", it's useless for this build. Then you need to remove "Diamond Skin"-"Armour" branch (you should have enough resistances right now) and "Versatility"-"Accuracy and Reduced Mana Cost". Spend these points to get to "Constitution" and surrounding life nodes, it will increase your max life significantly. And please check the tree in the guide again and see if you have any other mistakes.
Hey! I like the build so far. Can anyone of you give me advice what's the next upgrade? I feel like I need a Brass dome and a better weapon. But even with those my life total is pretty low. Should I invest much more to rares to get higher life from them ? Right now I am waiting for Brass Dome prices to go down, I have about 2 exalts. Should I buy a better weapon or invest in jewellery. Thank you for the build and detailed explanation!
"
Alexbars4 wrote:
"
DissTurbo wrote:
Hey guys,

Played a variation of DS in last league but with Champion. Damage was 3.7mill with Adrenaline and flasks but this iteration is way tankier.

Couple of remarks as I've just reached 70 with smooth levelling. Maybe it will help someone :)

brightbeak --> lakishu blade --> daresso passion --> scaeva --> ahns might. That was my order and 4l base of: DS, ancestral call, melee splash, multistrike. Dps was ok, when it started to fall off i picked up tabula and installed faster attacks and melee physical.

offhand goredrill --> death's hand.

the rest of the gear i've tried for some flat added phys here and there.

Ultimately I am planning to get
Abyssus,
Brassdome (or belly, or rare astral),
300 phys dps foil with 1.6 aps,
statstick with 2x at least +25% phys gain as[...], int + crit multi
helmet with double damage to bleeding enemies with DS
rings and amulet with added flat phys, crit multi
gloves with added flat phys
hp res belt and shoes

Cool tips, thanks! :)
But few questions: Any changes for HC? Prolly tree, gear? I asks for maps/delves, not for lvling :)

And also: What about to change nodes for axe in a tree and equip Soul Taker as mainhand weapon? It should be good, cause we dont need manaleech for DS in that case.

Soul taker should be fine, lower dps though. Despite high attack speed soul taker has lower pdps and poor crit chance. Besides, I would definitely take off Inc Crit strikes despite what OP suggested. Inc crit is kind of dead stat when you reach comfortable level of consistent critting. For remaining links i would consider maim/faster attacks/ruthless/chance to bleed if not grabbing sword nodes with bleed chance.

As per HC i'm not really playing it, especially with this risky mechanic league but i would imagine the build would be very easily transferable to HC given its inherent tankiness. don't forget logout macro :P.
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
Last edited by DissTurbo on Sep 7, 2018, 9:55:09 AM
"
Hey! I like the build so far. Can anyone of you give me advice what's the next upgrade? I feel like I need a Brass dome and a better weapon. But even with those my life total is pretty low. Should I invest much more to rares to get higher life from them ? Right now I am waiting for Brass Dome prices to go down, I have about 2 exalts. Should I buy a better weapon or invest in jewellery. Thank you for the build and detailed explanation!

get something like Ahn's might for 2c :P better than scaeva.
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
Was thinking of replacing my OH with nebuloch. what do you guys think?
"
DissTurbo wrote:
"

get something like Ahn's might for 2c :P better than scaeva.

Ah alright. Should I drop blood rage ? I already have enough accuracy, multi bonus from the blade seems like a much better option.
"
Arkaneful wrote:
"
MrHarp wrote:

Check what kind of passive tree you need to have on your level, read the guide again, it has all the information you need.

Here is what is wrong with your tree. If you have refund points, you need to get rid of "Two Handed Melee Damage", it's useless for this build. Then you need to remove "Diamond Skin"-"Armour" branch (you should have enough resistances right now) and "Versatility"-"Accuracy and Reduced Mana Cost". Spend these points to get to "Constitution" and surrounding life nodes, it will increase your max life significantly. And please check the tree in the guide again and see if you have any other mistakes.

The Ascendancy tree on PoE Planner was blocking all of the "Constitution" nodes and I completely missed it! Thanks for pointing that out. I should've read the guide more carefully.
I haven't found any TH damage on my tree, though.
Thanks!
"
TheWhy2K wrote:
Was thinking of replacing my OH with nebuloch. what do you guys think?

One of the best offhands for this build (and lots of other melee builds) before you switch to a decent shaper stat stick. Also, it's cheap!
hi guys, can you give me any advice on my equipment ?
I've made a few changes on gems, just to try something new and i just dropped the lightpoacher, it can be usefull more than abyssus ?

Spoiler

thank you very much, im trying to understand what i can improve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info