[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
TheWhy2K wrote:

B B B B B Bonus question! if anyone could tell me why im so squishy thatd be great. Cant even kill 2nd lab Izaro.

You could use Immortal Call instead of Temp Chains. Imho this is better for defense until you get better gear.

You probably got Abyssus way too early. I would not use it until after second or even third lab and you only did first one.

Also your main hand weapon is extremely bad for your level. Get yourself a Scaeva. This should pump your dps by around 50%.

"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
Hey could i get any advice on what to focus on when searching for rare main hand swords? Or any unique weapons that would do?

Biggest thing to look for is high base attack speed, definitely of 2+, and then solid Phys DPS, and absolutely definitely look for a base with either already rolled high crit, or an open suffix for crafting 27 % crit chance.

You can also try crafting one yourself, and you can get a weapon that will serve you for a long time for almost nothing.

Pick up a iLvl 84 Jewelled Foil, and roll a few screaming essences of Zeal on it (shrieking if you have more money), looking for either at least 100% increased phys, or at least t3 flat added phys. Once you get one of those 2, simply craft on the other component with Vagan; ie if you get T2 Flat phys, go craft on 79% inc phys, or if you get 100+% inc phys, craft on flat phys.

You can get yourself a 300+ pDPS 2APS sword pretty quickly using this method, and can even maybe get lucky and get a GG weapon.

If buying, I wouldn't buy under 1.9 APS.

Thanks for the tips, i'll try crafting one myself, I got one for like 20c but Aps isn't that high. Maybe i'm lucky with the crafting.

Also need new boots and gloves but i'm lazy
Last edited by Flitser on Sep 6, 2018, 5:40:29 AM
Nice Details guide. looks like you put a Lotta work in there.

i do have one question though. the guide dass there are 2 essential items der you only linked one (abyssus.) what's the second one?
Hey guys,

Played a variation of DS in last league but with Champion. Damage was 3.7mill with Adrenaline and flasks but this iteration is way tankier.

Couple of remarks as I've just reached 70 with smooth levelling. Maybe it will help someone :)

brightbeak --> lakishu blade --> daresso passion --> scaeva --> ahns might. That was my order and 4l base of: DS, ancestral call, melee splash, multistrike. Dps was ok, when it started to fall off i picked up tabula and installed faster attacks and melee physical.

offhand goredrill --> death's hand.

the rest of the gear i've tried for some flat added phys here and there.

Ultimately I am planning to get
Abyssus,
Brassdome (or belly, or rare astral),
300 phys dps foil with 1.6 aps,
statstick with 2x at least +25% phys gain as[...], int + crit multi
helmet with double damage to bleeding enemies with DS
rings and amulet with added flat phys, crit multi
gloves with added flat phys
hp res belt and shoes

There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
"
DissTurbo wrote:
Hey guys,

Played a variation of DS in last league but with Champion. Damage was 3.7mill with Adrenaline and flasks but this iteration is way tankier.

Couple of remarks as I've just reached 70 with smooth levelling. Maybe it will help someone :)

brightbeak --> lakishu blade --> daresso passion --> scaeva --> ahns might. That was my order and 4l base of: DS, ancestral call, melee splash, multistrike. Dps was ok, when it started to fall off i picked up tabula and installed faster attacks and melee physical.

offhand goredrill --> death's hand.

the rest of the gear i've tried for some flat added phys here and there.

Ultimately I am planning to get
Abyssus,
Brassdome (or belly, or rare astral),
300 phys dps foil with 1.6 aps,
statstick with 2x at least +25% phys gain as[...], int + crit multi
helmet with double damage to bleeding enemies with DS
rings and amulet with added flat phys, crit multi
gloves with added flat phys
hp res belt and shoes

Cool tips, thanks! :)
But few questions: Any changes for HC? Prolly tree, gear? I asks for maps/delves, not for lvling :)

And also: What about to change nodes for axe in a tree and equip Soul Taker as mainhand weapon? It should be good, cause we dont need manaleech for DS in that case.
«Мнения как яйца — сколько не имей, а получать по ним больно». © Варрик
Last edited by Alexbars4 on Sep 6, 2018, 10:13:05 AM
"
Gixxpunk wrote:
"
TheWhy2K wrote:

B B B B B Bonus question! if anyone could tell me why im so squishy thatd be great. Cant even kill 2nd lab Izaro.

You could use Immortal Call instead of Temp Chains. Imho this is better for defense until you get better gear.

You probably got Abyssus way too early. I would not use it until after second or even third lab and you only did first one.

Also your main hand weapon is extremely bad for your level. Get yourself a Scaeva. This should pump your dps by around 50%.

Wow the scaeva jumped my deeps from 9K to 12K. Thank you for the tip. Why would you swap the temporal chains with immortal call. i was actually considering swapping out ice golem before and just summoning it normally. but why would temp chains be better?
"
TheWhy2K wrote:

Wow the scaeva jumped my deeps from 9K to 12K. Thank you for the tip.

Welcome. For more defense options in the tree you can check out my profile tree. Will do second lab shortly and then spec out of some of the defense nodes I took before. Mainly regen and life nodes.

"
TheWhy2K wrote:

Why would you swap the temporal chains with immortal call. i was actually considering swapping out ice golem before and just summoning it normally. but why would temp chains be better?

Well, because Immortal call makes you immortal (for a short time). ;)
Also the animation popping up tells you to hit your life flask button. This saved me alot of times.
Last edited by Gixxpunk on Sep 6, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
"
Gixxpunk wrote:
"
TheWhy2K wrote:

Wow the scaeva jumped my deeps from 9K to 12K. Thank you for the tip.

Welcome. For more defense options in the tree you can check out my profile tree. Will do second lab shortly and then spec out of some of the defense nodes I took before. Mainly regen and life nodes.

"
TheWhy2K wrote:

Why would you swap the temporal chains with immortal call. i was actually considering swapping out ice golem before and just summoning it normally. but why would temp chains be better?

Well, because Immortal call makes you immortal (for a short time). ;)
Also the animation popping up tells you to hit your life flask button. This saved me alot of times.

No i meant CWDT + Immortal Call + Temporal Chains. And socket the ice golem elsewhere.
Spoiler
Any changes for HC? Prolly tree, gear? I asks for maps/delves, not for lvling
What about to change nodes for axe in a tree and equip Soul Taker as mainhand weapon? It should be good, cause we dont need manaleech for DS in that case.

^ questions from previous post.

One more: Why my COH doesn't apply to mobs? It's linked with Herald of Ice, im also using Hatred.
Figured out: I was running with helm which prevented freeze for mobs.
«Мнения как яйца — сколько не имей, а получать по ним больно». © Варрик
Last edited by Alexbars4 on Sep 6, 2018, 3:54:38 PM
"
TheWhy2K wrote:

No i meant CWDT + Immortal Call + Temporal Chains. And socket the ice golem elsewhere.

Temporal Chains is more or less useless here, as it overrides your Vulnerabilty from Curse on Hit and vice versa. You can only have one active curse per default!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info