Low fps or fps drops.

Any reply from GGG? I have same problems, fps drops from 120 to 0-10-20 with no reason. Tried low graphics settings, nothing helps. My hardware is i5-3300, gtx 660, 8gb ram. Before 2.0 everything worked fine. I think its like developers mistake or something. Even on far cry 4 i can get 30 fps on ultra high settings. But its stable 40 fps, can we get even 60 stable fps here?
Last edited by Vishezzz on Sep 8, 2016, 2:26:21 AM
I've found a solution for my FPS Problems on an ATI R9 290. I had huge FPS drops on some Maps especially the burning ground Labyrinth parts and Trials. I fixed it by turning the "Powerlimit"(German: Leistungsgrenze) - Option to +50%. (This should allow the Card to draw more power if necessary. use on your own risk)

Long story short. FPS still drops but not to 20-30 FPS anymore. Got waaaaaay better. Very playable above 60 even at firelvls.

Hope I could help some of you.
IGN: Emwega
i tried to play that game into several computers .. and my results are the same.. even if i play that game to a computer with I7, or yesterday i tried with I5 with a very good graphic card .. i had the same results ... frames drops alot in big packs or when like a frieds said. when the map has burning groung etc etc .. many times the game freeze for 1-2 seconds and many times i have crashes..

btw right now i am watching my friend playing World of Warcraft in his laptop . and his laptop is 10 years old computer ... the game runs so smooth..and the first thing i said . i wish i could play POE even into that laptop.. Poe looks so heavy platform and it shouldnt be ..
"
Vishezzz wrote:
Any reply from GGG? I have same problems, fps drops from 120 to 0-10-20 with no reason. Tried low graphics settings, nothing helps. My hardware is i5-3300, gtx 660, 8gb ram. Before 2.0 everything worked fine. I think its like developers mistake or something. Even on far cry 4 i can get 30 fps on ultra high settings. But its stable 40 fps, can we get even 60 stable fps here?

I added --waitforpreload and --noasync like here

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options

and switched display mode to windowed fullscreen and it became much better. Most strange thing that it became to lag even in town if i switch to fullscreen from windowed fullscreen. Maybe it helps to someone.
Last edited by Vishezzz on Sep 14, 2016, 9:02:26 AM
I have an AMD R9 280 and solved this problem disabling VSync inside game options.

This way your graphic card should run at max fps maybe 120 fps or more (press F1 to check) and will drain more power.

This game should run at 60fps with VSync enabled, its a standard in any game. But when I activate VSync my graphic card slow down to 23-30 fps and decreases the core clock from 940mhz to 500mhz, causing slowdown

î was playing on my earthquake character and had massive fps drops using the skill. i would run around with 60 fps and everytime i used the skill the fps just dropped to nothing. i went to play my older ball lightining character and had absolutely no issues playing the game. im not sure whethere its eq itself or maybe hearld of ash producing the lag. its hard to tell since eq lags with and without hearld of ash.
yep I can also join the unplayable league, fps drops are very bad. It feels like new patches don't agree with my PC
Im having the same issue, i set the "texture_quality" to 10 (guess 5 is the max but w/e), and i added --nopreload (should i use this or --waitforpreload ?).
Anything else i could do? i dont mind if the game graphics become a lot of squares.
Thx!
So i´ve had this problem aswell, where i simply just fps drop a shit ton and it´s not playable, while i can play any other game in max settings, pretty annoying, and have killed a few chars of mine in HC. Check the fps drops and my name on this char (first picture) lmao http://imgur.com/a/DCveJ
they add and add things with every patch, but the problem with the fps drops exists since, i dont even know when this shit get started

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info